[Approved] NEAR China Community October Proposal

Dear Marketing DAO team @Dacha @MarcusNEAR @blaze @johanga @RussLive215, please check NEAR China community September proposal below.

Guild Name: NEAR China Community

About NEAR China Community: NEAR China Community is the second-largest regional community, boasting a robust community of over 13,000 members across Telegram and WeChat groups. As pioneers of the NEAR regional community, we have achieved remarkable growth over the course of three years.

Social Media: Our presence across social media platforms is thriving, showcasing the active engagement of Chinese community members

Our Mission: Our core mission centers around elevating NEAR as the leading Layer1 within the Chinese market. To accomplish this mission, we have consistently made significant strides in fostering user growth, cultivating and onboarding Chinese developers, and promoting NEAR ecosystem projects.

Our Achievements:

• China Offline Events: join and organize at least 3 offline events in China every year, including prestigious gatherings the 2023 Hong Kong Web3 festival, Rust CC Developer Conference, Wanxiang Blockchain Week, etc.
  • China Community Operations and Engagement: host at least one community campaign per week, engaging our members with quizzes, giveaways, and community games.
  • Support and Promote NEAR projects: To boost NEAR projects, we regularly host AMA every two weeks, featuring esteemed projects and organizations like LiNEAR, MetaPool, Pembrock, Spin, Sender Wallet, Here Wallet, and others.
  • Developer Courses and Workshops: We organize monthly NEAR Certified developer courses and weekly developer workshops, fostering the growth of skilled developers within the community. https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/o4WSfwhpbX1lJbSpq8cO0g

Our Goals and Focus for October

1. Accounts Retention
  • After 1/2/4/8 weeks, aim to retain at least 50% on-boarded accounts.
  1. Account Acquisition
  • Cost — target to control acquisition cost 5 USDC per account
  1. dApps Engagement
  • Ensure that at least 50% of accounts retained can interact with more than one dApp in the NEAR ecosystem
  1. Social Engagement Score
  • Increase 10% compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in our social media channels, including Twitter, Telegram, WeChat, and NEAR Social

Strategy and Funding Distribution

1. Accounts onboarding and Retention
  • Onboarding Campaigns: Create engaging marketing campaigns and online events (like quizzes and challenges on NEAR Social) that incentivize new accounts and community members to stay active. Will also use Keypom and other tools to onboard new accounts.
  • Community management and support: Retain and engage with our existing 13K+ members in the Chinese Community. Also, 4 moderators for telegram and WeChat groups, can provide online support 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to help users retain.
  1. dApps Engagement
  • Promote NEAR dapps via campaigns: Introduce dapps through AMA(Twitter Space/ Telegram chat)or corporate campaigns to encourage users
  • BOS component / Near Social: Orgnize Chinese developers and builders to use BOS widgets by setting bounties for the community, widgets events, and Near social contests
  1. Social Engagement Score
  • NEAR Content translation and generation: posting on Near.Social/ telegram/ Twitter: over 15 articles per month.
  • Social media operation: Daily posts, interaction with community members, and other ecosystem accounts.

Funding scheme

As one of the largest regional communities, our original budget request amounts are listed below:

Content Details USD per month
Social Media Operation Daily content release, interaction with followers, and other NEAR projects (Telegram/ Twitter/ NEAR.Social) 1000
Content translation and localization NEAR blogs and social media content 1000
Community operation 4 moderators for both telegram groups and WeChat groups, online 12 hours a day, 7 days a week 1000
Community activities Onboarding & Marketing & BOS building campaign/events planning, execution, and rewards 3000

Since the NEAR NDC RC DAO funding request process is in transition, we request a budget of 3,000 USD for October based on the Marketing DAO funding limitation.

DAO address: near-china-community.sputnik-dao.near

Thank you for your proposal.

1. How does this proposal help in achieving below value and KPIs.

-Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks - the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on chain over a given time period (higher is better)

-Account acquisition cost - budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better)

-Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better)

-Number of accounts retained for
1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)

-Social engagement score - some compound metric of a number of posts, likes, and followers / views in social media produced by the users.

Read more about this here https://gov.near.org/t/marketing-eco-dao-octobers-funding-round/36635

1. Your budget breakdown is unclear with no deliverables, please could you further breakdown and try to provide additional explanation on how to spend the budget allocated to each item.
2 Likes

updated, please check above

I hope MDao can approve the proposal. Chinese community has a very large existing user base and has been in the NEAR ecosystem for the longest time.

A lot of regional communities have been struggling to maintain their daily operation due to the long process of funding and the unclear OKR as we were waiting for CoA’s decision. I can see that Chinese community is working their best to adhere to NDC’s metrics and objective.

This is very important to keep our solid local communities running.

1 Like

Based on our chat in the Telegram group, we’ve made the tough decision to slash china community’s October budget to $3000.

Actually when u compare the chinese community with other regional communities that also apply for funding on MDao, u can see that the size is like 5x - 10x, so according to the required %, the number of accounts that we committed is way higher than other communities.

3000 usd per month can only afford half of the salary for a marketing manager in our area, the average hourly rate for a marketing manager is like 50 usd. So with the budget limitation, we might also need to adjust the okrs to make sure we wont over commit. Sadly we wont be able to devote as many hours for the NEAR marketing cause realistically speaking, our team wont be able to survive if we spend 6-8 hours a day on NEAR with such small incentives, we will need to find other ways to make money.

And unlike Korea and Viet, the chinese community has no other people to look after, except for us. We grew the community from zero, accumulated all the users and developers, and here in the budget, we already excluded the maintenance cost…

It’s actually been almost 3 months since we started working with mdao on marketing/community budget… But if we have to keep the running cost at 3k per month. We might need to make some short term decisions on minimising our spending and resources on near community operation.

cc other MDAO & NDC members @Dacha @MarcusNEAR @blaze @johanga @RussLive215 ,hoping to get your feedbacks and figure out how NEAR regional communities can do next.

1 Like

Thank you for the lengthy conversation and clarification.

@murphy1 You have my support. Update the budget figures to 3k.

1 Like

Hi @murphy1 thanks for the proposal. I want to note the time and effort you’ve taken to go into discussion about this proposal with members of the MarketingDAO council via TG. I understand there is much frustration around this proposal and the request to reduce to $3K for this month.

A few things I do want to post publicly for anyone who is reading this – the MarketingDAO is working with a limited budget and many proposal requests (totally $148K in requests this month for a budget that is half that).

When we ask for a reduction, it is often because we are actively trying to find a way to support you and work with you. It is not a judgment on your community. I believe the lack of structure for supporting regional groups is creating a problem for the ecosystem. At the same time, I do not think the MarketingDAO is best suited to be the main funding body for regional communities – that is the entire reason we were in support of the RCDAO, which did not have the outcome many of us were hoping to see earlier this year.

It’s also not the MarketingDAO’s job to give people exactly what they want in terms of funding without questions and, sometimes, requests to reduce scope. Funding is not guaranteed, and it is not intended to provide a reliable salary to anyone. We have a lot of factors and considerations that we spend hours putting into reviews of these proposals. In my view, it is the responsibility of the initiative and the team to determine the best way forward with the funds that are available.

All that said, I can support the reduced amount of $3K for this month.

4 Likes

Hello @murphy1 I would like to support you and invite you to join Global DAO, which will be focused on regional development in NDC

2 Likes

Hi @murphy1 thanks for your proposal. I note that you have reduced the amount requested and would echo the comments by fellow council @so608 regarding current funding restrictions and the best way forward for regional communities. I am happy to support.

1 Like

Dear Marketing (Eco) DAO contributor, your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO. The approved proposal included in October’s request to NDC Trust.

Please advise that during this transition period (NDC v0-v1), the following applications’ approval procedure:

1. :green_circle: October 21 - 25th time for proposals from the Community, updates accordingly to NDC Metrics;
  2. :green_circle: October 26 reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (House of Merit , CoA, NDC trust);
  3. :yellow_circle: October 27-31st, House of Merit (HOM) will review your proposal;
  4. :red_circle: October 31 – HOM will vote for your proposal on-chain;
  5. :red_circle: November 1, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to COA to vote on-chain;
  6. :red_circle: November 2nd-6th – CoA will review your proposal and vote on-chain (can veto);
  7. Once the CoA gives its approval, the NDC Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC KYC Request Form (if not yet)
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. Contact me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.
1 Like

First off, big thanks to the MDAO members for taking the time to deep dive into discussions with us @Bakaka @so608 @Dacha. We totally get the challenges and pressures surrounding this proposal, especially about the budget part.

For anyone reading this, I want them to know that as the longest-standing and largest regional community in the NEAR ecosystem, NEAR China community is down to make some adjustments to back the ongoing growth of NEAR, just like we’ve been doing since August.

I also agree that the lack of structure for supporting regional groups has thrown some challenges in the ecosystem. Plus, we feel that the funding process needs to be more on point and organized to better back everyone involved. Eagerly waiting for more updates from the NDC on regional communities.

1 Like

Thank you for your support and invitation. I would love to join.

Let’s join forces and also hope Global DAO can better help regional communities

1 Like

Dear Near China team!
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023

Hi Dacha, thanks for the kind reminder!

Here is our transfer proposal, please check out: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-889

1 Like