[proposal] music production workshop with cotmusic

Hello Community,

Allow me to introduce myself, My name is KELECHUKWU but majorly known as COTMUSIC. I’m a Music producer/Musician and Artist with over a decade experience in the music industry, I’ve been part of so many mainstream music production team with millions of views and listeners across the globe, One of which is “ From this heart” Album by Judikay Album Project
I’ve also be privileged as an artist to perform on one of the biggest gospel concert in Nigeria, “Gospel Groove 2021”
And here in the community, I’m an active member of the producers Dao “BeatDao” in which I’ve won a couple “FLIPPING SAMPLE” Flipping Sample contest and host hosted a “BEAT ATTACK” Session Beat Attack

Introduction

Naturally we are all creators and most of us have music to share with the world, we just lack the means to do so. The production workshop serves exactly to teach how music is produced and to know the nuances and details that are part of music production.
I believe we have a lot of music creators in our ecosystem, most with little or no knowledge about Music production, This Workshop is aimed at solving that problem. It will be open for music lovers and creators regardless of the style. You get to know how a hit is produced and what is the job of a true music producer, Also as an artist with no prior knowledge of music production, you’d learn how to use a DAW to professionally record your vocals and also learn the right way to export your vocal stems for post production

Process

• In this workshop, each student will learn how to produce a song from start to finish.
  • Each student will be taught how to loop, mix, layer drums, add vocals and collaborate with other producers and artists
  • They’d be a masterclass on branding and Marketing as a producer/artist
  • It’d be a live workshop and also a series of prerecorded tutorial videos for follow up
  • They’d be a Q&A session
  • This workshop will be a series that’d be held subsequently in the community

Requirements

• Event Hall - $100
  • Projector - $93.99
  • Video Coverage, Lighting and Sound Equipment- $250
  • Graphics [Flyer, E-card and Banners ]- $100
  • Sponsored Ad - $50
  • Logistics - $100
  • Internet - $20
  • Facilitator - $300
    Total - $1013.99

Metrics

• Creation of video content for blaqk stereo youtube Youtube
  • Increase in our YouTube subscribers and channel growth
  • Dao Membership Growth of up to 50% as this workshop is of high demand

All equipment purchased will be used for subsequent editions of this workshop, as we are modeling towards self sustainability as a DAO

Hello!
How does this add to the ecosystem? Will there be classes about the NEAR ecosystem?
It will be good to state clearly.

Thanks

Hello @IgbozeIsrael
Not sure if this is a question or a recommendation, however from what I understand, this is a means of empowering people in the ecosystem with and soon to be members of the ecosystem (as there did be some onboarding) on knowledge about music production (something everyone knows people pay a lot to learn). As stated it’s going to be a live event, the video content will be on Blaqk stereo dedicated YouTube channel for people all around the world to learn from and watch anytime.
@cotmusic it’d nice to state “metrics” for success for this particular project. I’m really looking forward to being a part of this, I’ve got to get my production skills up. :slight_smile:

My comments up there has both a question and recommendation.

No offence, but it seems as one seeking funds to run a personal goal.

From my understanding of the community funds and guidelines, I think such is for the expansion of the community. I.e to bring growth into the ecosystem and not to just help people learn skills that might not be used to add to the ecosystem.

I hope I am well understood and not gotten wrongly.

I believe an event as this shouldn’t just be to take funds to teach how to produce but to also learn how to use products within the ecosystem.

Your comments are well understood. I believe growth in the Near ecosystem is somewhat practical relatively. I know most of your projects has to do with marketing which involves preaching Near blockchain and onboarding. However with creatives it’s more versatile in such a way which is inclusive of these applications from marketing and more which includes NFT’s and things applicable. So I understand quite well but I’d say opening your mind to this should give you a deeper insight to what true value really means. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Understood.
Blessed bro!

1 Like