[Proposal] Jazz Dao Launch Brunch Party

Guild : Jazz Dao
Project : Lauch Party/ Jazz Brunch-BBQ
Event Location : A Graciosa
Event Date : Saturday 4th June
Run time: 2pm to midnight
Project members: @pan_tastick , @squattingPigeon , @vicentetbh

Fellow members of the house,

For our first event we’d like to to kick things off with a brunch/bbq on the fabulous terrace of A Graciosa which has stunning views over Lisbon. Dj sets with some live elements will be the soundtrack to life on the terrace overlooking Mourraria in Lisbon. From 12 to 8 pm A whole Ball of Wax (@pan_tastick ), Julia Baker and Karl Godard will take turns in curating the music. A bbq pop up will provide sustenance to attendees. From 8 to 10 pm 2 live acts in the indoor venues will invite everyone inside. On the bill already a Lisbon classic, 4 piece band Mazarin will perform followed by AR|RA, 4 piece experimental jazz outfit led by Filipe Souza, another household name in the genre who has taught at London’ prestigious Guildhall School of Music and Drama and coached prestigious orchestras such as the London Contemporary Orchestra amongst others. The evening will be closed by a Dj Set by Rui Miguel Abreu who has equally impressive credentials on the scene.

Breakdown of budget is as follows:

• 3 day time Dj sets: 3x100$= 300$
  • Mazarin Musicians 4x100$ = 400$
  • AR|RA Musicians = 4x100= 400$
  • Headliners Dj set = 150$
  • PA rental = 200$
  • Poster Design = 50$
  • Dj equipment rental = 100$
  • Food for Brunch= 100$

Total = 1700$

You’re welcome to join our TG community here!

A short video of the venue can be seen here!

5 Likes

Where is the telegram link to th DAO? i would love to join, it is a nice move by y’all, i was planning to create a jazz dao in the nearest future but im glad y’all did it anyway.

2 Likes

Hi there!

This sounds like an enjoyable event. I am wondering about the $100 for brunch. You mentioned that a bbq pop up will provide sustenance - is that part of the $100 for brunch? How many people do you expect to attend, I am wondering if $100 is sufficient enough be able to provide for a crowd! I also would love to know how the NEAR community can participate or attend. I know many folks are in your area.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

I remember you talking about it on the NxM chat, you’ve encouraged this in some way so thank you @BigM007 ! There was was link in our intro but i realised it was our council so i’ve updated the links and also put one above. It will be a pleasure to have you with us!

2 Likes

Thank you really pleased you like it @adrianseneca ! I uploaded a short video i made of the venue above…it is very rustic :slight_smile: has an amazing terrace and a large room with a small stage at the back and a small bar…around 150-200 people capacity possibly. We hoping to start small on the terrace and move indoors with more attendees in the evening. Please introduce us to anyone you know it would be great to have them with us! Our TG link is above too. We planning to do suggested donations at the door and thinking of using the venue’s bbq’s to sell something delicious we’re still discussing. In the future we’re hoping to have a more elaborate pop up so this is a bit of an experiment. Some of us love cooking so it’s an opportunity to have fun too:) We assumed 100$ would be enough but not sure really. We might need to top it up somehow seeing we’ll have some revenue…

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Means a lot to me. I woundnt mind joining the council too if there is a chance for that.

I joined the telegram too

1 Like