[approved] Every Boy is King - VERTEBRA PROJECT - MAY

Every Boy is King.

Photography and Graffiti in the 3rd largest agglomeration in Latin America.

The project:

Todo Menino é Rei is about a project that aims to promote and ennoble the children who live inside the Aglomerado da Serra place where I lived my whole life.

For a territorial issue, people did not travel within the agglomerate for issues of gangs related to drug trafficking.
Today we no longer live like this, fortunately, but the project still pulsates inside of me to be able to present these people with art.
I am a photographer and also a street artist, spreading graffiti throughout the city of Belo Horizonte and the metropolitan region of Minas Gerais since I was 14 years old, and today I see myself with 36 and having the possibility to execute this project would be a real achievement.
The main idea would be to illustrate some children that I have already photographed in my studio and to paint a face of each one of these children inside the 8 villages that form the Aglomerado da Serra.
The idea is to make art transit through all the villages, so that people understand that this territory also belongs to them.
And using images of children I believe can bring an air of tranquility and hope to the residents of the Aglomerado da Serra.

I invite the Vertebra Project to support the project. I invite the Vertebra project to support the project, where eight children’s faces will be printed on walls in the territory using graffiti techniques.

PORTUGUESE S BELOW:

Todo Menino é Rei.

Fotografia e Graffiti no 3° maior aglomerado da América Latina.

O projeto:

Todo Menino é Rei , se trata de um projeto que visa espalhar e enaltecer as crianças que moram dentro do aglomerado da serra lugar onde eu vivi minha vida inteira através da arte.

Por uma questão territorial , as pessoas não transitavam dentro do aglomerado por questões de gangues referente ao tráfico de drogas .
Hoje não vivemos mais assim felizmente, mas o projeto ainda pulsa bastante dentro de mim pra conseguir presentear essas pessoas com arte .
Sou fotógrafo e também artista de rua, espalho graffitis pela cidade de Belo Horizonte e região metropolitana de Minas Gerais desde meus 14 anos de idade ,e hoje me vejo com 36 e ter possibilidade de executar esse projeto seria me sentir realizado .
A ideia principal seria ilustrar algumas crianças que já fotografei no meu estúdio e grafitar um rosto de cada uma dessas crianças dentro das 8 vilas que formam o Aglomerado da Serra.
A ideia e fazer com que a arte transite dentro de todo aglomerado, pra que as pessoas entendam que esse território também pertence a elas .
E usar imagem de crianças acredito que possa trazer um ar de tranquilidade e esperança pra os moradores do aglomerado da serra .

Convido o projeto Vertebra Project a apoiar o projeto. Onde seria estampando em técnicas de graffiti , oito rostos de oito. crianças em muros dentro do território.

4 Likes

This edition of Vertebra will be amazing, excited to see the results!

1 Like

Hello @Ronald ,

Thank you very much for the proposal, we would love to make this project happen!

You can join the Cudo Dao telegram group and we could talk about it.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Lucas, thanks for the feedback. I am very happy that you liked the proposal. I will join the telegram group. Thank you very much.