[Approved] August 2023 - Promoting Social media, AMAs, Graphics Design for NDC elections - Nearity

hi everyone!

I am back here for my proposal after 2months that MDAO & NDC restructured
Base on this post: [Announcement] Marketing DAO constellation (NDC v0), new proposals, funding procedures, July’s funding request , Nearity also have August proposal

1. Project Information

• Organization Name: Nearity
  • Proposal Title: August 2023 - Promoting Social media, AMAs, Graphics Design - Nearity
  • Established Time: Sep - 2021

Previous Approved Proposal : link
Rrevious report : link

Social link
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nearity_org
telegram: Telegram: Contact @nearity
Near.social : link
Website - (for guest post/announcement post) : Nearity Research - Nearity Research, report, Analystics, News
Instagram: (availble when promote for NFT projects)
Near wallet: nearityorg.near

2. Team Members & Applicant Information

Detail our team and our experience: [INTRODUCTION] Nearity DAO - Guild

3. Project Goals

• Target to all of production in graphics, AMAs, news, visual, shilling campaign, towards → NDC elections campaign

• We promote and support project for project on Ecosystem (that dont have tend in paying for promoting) in our social channels ( Twitter , Telegram , NEAR.Social profile ) to get active user/ onchain transaction. → Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions

• BOS concept marketing, brand awareness to bring more user/developers from another chain, web3 user/developer, and traditional users on web2 to NEAR. → Increasing numbers of active Developers

4. Our activities/Deliverables & Kpi metrics

production overview

• Daily news: 40 - 60 post news all of the highlight projects on near each month
  • Data analytics last update: 25 - 30 update last performance flagship protocol/event/campaign of Near Foundation
  • Twitter: 10 - 15 advanced / Infographics for flagship project on NEAR
  • Shilling/Report & introduction Megathread: 1 Threads
  • Graphics design: brainstorm idea 2 - 4 unique graphics for per project
  • shout out and news, announcing new of project (unlimitted retweet, require ping post) up to each project we often receive the number of shout out about 5 - 10 news per mont. Total subtask shoutout news
  • highlight graphics, featured summary project: 2 - 3 task each project
  • giveaway…
  • shilling, reaware project on all of our social
  • publish material of graphics, or guest post to our when site, when project have demand
    Each AMA we will prepare script and discuss with partner the script, design graphics, host the prepare question form community, announce the winners, keep user active our channels.

4 AMA about NDC elections
2 - 3 AMA with projects promoting on NEAR
50 - 80 tweet news, update about NDC
10 - 15 inforgraphics about NDC election
5 - 7 infographics about BOS shilling web3 development
2 projects are promoted

Support projects producing content and promote on social

5. Budget

Wallet ID: nearityorg.near
Breakout cost:

• 2 AMA, for promoting projects 250$*2= 500$

• 3 - 4 AMA with NDC, NDC election candidate = 1$

• 80 - 120 posts in News, featured Weekly, Analystics, Insights, shilling base on demand of Ecosystem/projects/client = 100*15$ = $1500

• 20 unique inforgraphics chasing the event/project/near foundation/marketingDAO: 20*25 = $500

• Support 2 project in unique campaigns 250$ per project = 500$

Total: 2500$ USD

Thank your reviewing my proposal
Tagging: @marketingdao-council

3 Likes

Thank you for your proposal and great job! It will be reviewed soon.

4 Likes

Hi @nearity Sam thanks for the proposal. A few questions for you as I’m reviewing:

• Can you share/link to your most recent report for work done with previous month’s funding?
  • Can you share the themes, topics, projects, etc., you plan to promote in your upcoming content? I would like to see projects that receive community funding promote the topics, themes and projects most important to the ecosystem right now. I’d like to understand more about what you have in mind for August/Sept.
  • How do you think Nearity is growing and creating impact over time in the NEAR ecosystem? Would you say your current work is generating increased interest/engagement in NEAR, remaining about the same/steady or declining?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry my late reply, @so608
Thank your questions

all of our reports is public in previous month’s funding

Our view of upcoming milestones in the core of our job role at NEAR Ecosystem:

With NEAR pivot.
Since the restructuring of NEAR’s infrastructure in terms of products, BOS, Sandbox, development culture and enviroment of entity’s developers.(wihout tracing the trendy/momentary industry & and unsustainable-fomo trendy/money flow). Nearity also believe this way to have right method for NEAR has civilization achieved like ethereum before and more.

with Projects/Development entity pivot
not much on-demand producer for projects(early and newcomers project) like us, understand thier painpoint and challenge, when trying to educate, and express efforts to build their product concept that understand them. so Our work with projects on NEAR, in over past 2 years, over 300 projects is served, can be called one of the experience content producers close to the projects on NEAR in the ecosystem, especially we never intended to sell them any services

With users & indie communities behavior pivot
with people still active on NEAR is not too annoying, they still know that our movements is very different and unique from Our NEAR ones since DEC, 2022. we record engegaments have 300 - 600m on Twitter, in 3 last months intending inscrease engegament(not high)

What is next that we do

• tracing the NDC’s transition elements

• create content creative base on:

• brandawareness BOS, Near Horizon campaigns, Create stimulation for your community’s development activities Web3 Develoment infrastructure(Sandbox, Components, gateways) (compare with another blockchain culture and environment, make outderstanding uniue concept of near…)
    • promote for projects, milestone-platship that NEAR foundation support
    • support long-standing projects on Ecosystem, and keep users have loyalty behavior on app, creating competition among apps
    • with long-year audience/user/stake-holder entities on NEAR, Orientation towards content publish is stable, and the elements of sustainable development are closely related to the structure of the community and the structure of your product.
    • with web3 audience/developers/ventures entities on crypto marketing, shilling and educating campaign for reach more the related active on our Ecosystem.
  • Tracing update to optimize workload from NDC, Near Foundatiton, MarketingDAO coordinated

Thank for your review and let me know more if you need remind more our work

For the issue that @jarednotjerry comment on our giveaway with Rogues project.

those winners is from Taskon. the Taskon, Zealy, Link3 or some platforms like that(tier2 marketing for social activities) have critical and task for user join, we just choose the best performance by the task, time to listen the AMA… To find out the winners. At the moment that we choose winners, those winners is have active profile twitter.

Those activities are agreed by Rougus team.

We will remind Rogues team and recheck the way to choose right entity winners together.

About giveaway activities in crypto marketing,

I’m not going to argue about giveaways in crypto industry marketing, but given the current situation of onchain transactions 1 month our budget is 2 to 5$ per winner, total number of wallets receiving the giveaway each every month is 20 -30 wallets, which means that the total cost for this activity to stimulate onchain relevance to users listening to ama or learning about the giveaway is 150$, 150$ for a user’s micro-activity stimulus on near for 2 - 30 people I think from a personal perspective,(not to mention the fact that having appeared and listed on this platform sometimes brings the market to projects, with very good organic users) the giveaway is still a good part for NEAR communitis and Project right now in the current context, if it’s an issue because of cost or lack of giveaway administration, we can discuss.

Over the past few months, the activities on Cyberconnect’s platforms and any similar social networking platforms has been a trend, Nearity has been present in time and created significant recognition on those platforms, almost A large number of users are also active on platforms such as, link3, zealy, taskon…, the early presence and identification of projects on NEAR on these platforms is what not many media creators on NEAR kept an eye on.

Nearity team always work closely with Taskon team

Taskon and Link3 Traffic by Similar web

As an advisor, I would love to hear your advicing on how to make things better, contributing more to the development challenges of production media work on NEAR.

I’d be happy to open a chat group where we can share our work timely, so you get more informations, before making any public comments on forums or social media do like below?

CC to @Dacha @so608 @cryptocredit @Klint, @Bakaka to follow the issue when manage third-part social connecting and giveaway marketing activities

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Having an open discussion about marketing practices is important.

I am not opposed to people doing giveaways. I think

1. They should NOT be funded by MDAO.
  2. If a project uses giveaways anyway (and leaves it out of the grant) the metrics are cut 95%.

As a content platform and media site with extensive experience and have been making mostly good content for NEAR, you make the decision of how to roll out your content.

Your account has done some growth hack stuff and i totally get that too.

What are some options​:thinking:

Instead of giveaways do​:point_down:

1. targeted ads to other blockchains
  2. prompt your content
  3. make multiple cuts of spaces that highlight key point
  4. hire a BOS dev to make a cool component to start solving your problem.
  5. do a small hack-a-thon with the funds

I think using growth hacking sites is fine and good to see you are exploring them. But there’s a line of gaming numbers and true engagement.

If you believe giveaways are valuable you should still do them. But not funded by MDAO. I believe grants should be partial support of why you create content and not the ONLY reason you create content.

Also, the MDAO is working on some ideas to help the community with Marketing​:saluting_face:

we dont use fund from grant, it did by project.

you call we hacking growth, it’s not, many professional media channels in another ecosystem, communities, they use it such as a tier 2 marketing, even tier 1 marketing, it’s popular.

and this is just you thought, how you could have this concluding?

this is extreme, and you’re most likely missing out on some marketing perspective, again, giveaways are just one of the fronts of the work we do, it doesn’t determine the remaining 95% of the work ours

A month we do 3 - 4 giveaway(the demand from projects, and they do by thier fund)
each giveaway campaign just appear 24 - 48h(10 tweets), then we have another idea that we do AMA, inforgraphics, shilling thread, educating graphics for project. Impression ratio of giveaway just have 4*48h = 192h(in 720h - in tottal of ~ 200 tweets a month), it just arround 1/5 - 1/10 Impression ratio on my channel.

we could stop giveaway to have suitable view in your eyes, but we have to do it, if project need it like a campaign that serve their plan to approach users. And this not mean our metrics is cut 95% the truth.

in past time, we have some viral content, and project campaign and get satisfaction from many projects

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1563776686663278592

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1656203349161811968

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1679888991511011329

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1585231884732489729

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1647252092334092289

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1688833563838562304

https://twitter.com/Nearity_org/status/1687746569737830400

we are quite disappointed, because you openly claim that we organized a meaningless giveaway, the giveaway result is “not true”, the result engegament not true, the result winners is not real and this activity does overshadows all that we contribute.

Btw, i again require you dont declare anything by your scope of viewpoint without any discussion, dont make a conclusion by in a subjective, over-quantitative irrationally way like this

“our experience shape how we treat, but it not is all, not meaning the rest of world that we dont know, are not good”

I also want to you suggest you consider open with some kind of marketing way, that have various engegaments, there are things you’ve never done, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

Thank your recommend those ideas, i will keep it in mind

2 Likes

I’m disappointed that there was only a couple accounts that won the giveaway that weren’t “suspended” or a giveaway goblin (a person who doesn’t add real engagement but just enters giveaways)

I think you do some good work (which i mentioned) Also why i still support your grants. (but as an advisor i don’t make decisions)

My main issue is with Giveaways.

I’ve been looking at a lot of the AMAs in the NEAR ecosystem and actual engagement. You’re not the only one.

It’s a systemic problem.

People are going to be upset and disappointed when light is shown on bad practices or just ineffective ones.

It’s about how to distribute funds in the most effective way.

And i don’t believe an AMA with a giveaway is a good use of funds.

But this infographics are​:saluting_face:

1 Like

Hi there, my name is Ivan and I`m a part of the core team of Black Snow and we are building free-to-play-earn AR mobile game.

Starting from 07 July we have launched our first community play test demo and we were looking how to increase our marketing effort.

From the end of July we were connected with Nearity and started our collaboration. From that days guys have made pretty good impact on our social media metrics and promotion of our event.

It was really good to have AMA session with guys and their community. Love being in such kind of event, especially with experienced hosts. I really liked the communication and the questions. The audience and questions from them were really wonderful too. The participants were truly engaged into our game.

From the cooperation perspective its important to notice how it was organized. From the beginning of our conversation Justin have prepared plan of collaboration, so it was easy to understand what kind of activity we were planning to do and when.

One of the interesting things is information campaign focused on our project, where Nearity highlight our features and benefits.

Until now guys are helping to highlight important posts and updates of our projects.

4 Likes

I agree, i listened to it. The host had a great voice and the AMA was good​:raised_hands:

It would be awesome to see some of the highlights broken out into short pieces of content!:saluting_face:

We at Rogues did a campaign with Nearity ending a couple of weeks ago.

What I really loved is how professional and organised the team was:
• From the start, there was a clear plan of action and a schedule
• Their team executed without any prompting or hand-holding on our side
• Their team researched our project in significant detail
• The team then prepared post graphics, infographics, and further materials.
• The AMA we had was done very professionally, with a great voice and engaging appearance of the host.

As a result, we grew our Twitter account by approximately 700 followers, and our Discord also grew in size. While I cannot attest to how many engaged community members we got at the end, I think Nearity are working hard to market NEAR projects at no cost to the end project.

I will leave the marketing DAO team to make the final call about the giveways aspect, but as a project it was helpful to have such a hands-off, organised marketing partner that can extend our reach.

1 Like

Hello, @nearity . Thanks for an outstanding work! Due a specific KPIs for August and September, MDAO can allow only proposals focused on the following:

• NDC elections (please make sure you don’t get any bounties from GWG for the same work)
  • Increasing numbers of active Developers
  • Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions
  • Increasing numbers of Tools on BOS

Could you please update your proposal, and I will be happy to support it.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience while reviewing your proposal.

As Dacha mentioned, our core KPIs for August-September are focused on the NDC election and voter education for proposals like yours that rely primarily on social media, e.g., Twitter threads, spaces, infographics, and graphic designs

I really like your professionalism in your design approach and infographics related to ecosystems.

i will suggest you focus on providing mind blowing infographics with some threads and designs for the NDC elections without doing spaces and AMAs for the months of August, Focusing on campaigning and voter education for the upcoming election will be fantastic.

You can do it on your own, outside of the MDAO budget.

Happy to support $2500 after editing the above suggestions.

@Dacha @jarednotjerry @so608

1 Like

thank your support dacha, i also update our proposal with new targeting milestones that NDC and NF optimize general community workflow in August

This is what’s needed right now. And giving the new KPIs i feel like you are spot on.

I do not think the AMAs should be funded for the next 2 months due to updated KPIs.

helllo Bakaka, thank your suggestion, i understand that we need focus the kpi and our milestone.

You could see we are completed the promoting two project are: Rogues and Black Snow in August. Then Nearity recieve the right way KPI with Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions

so i still suggest back with the real KPi archived through those completed in-August activities(inforgraphics, highlight update, news…) with additional 2 project x 250$ = 500$

Total suggestion for August is $3001$

Please consideration our case, it still adapt new forming KPI that you mentioned.

@Dacha @So608 @cryptocredit @klint @Bakaka @jarednotjerry

Thank you have a good đay.

Hi @nearity – Thanks for answering my questions and those of others commenting on the forum. I’ll say something here similar to my reply to Trove Labs and Near at Night. I want to note that you have been very open to feedback and also willing to update focus to meet current focus for August, which is NDC election and BOS.

Here’s the reality as I see it:

• We have $203K+ in funding requests coming from the community for August
  • We have ~$46K to deploy
  • We cannot fund everyone
  • The funding we can allocate is limited and needs to go to the ecosystem KPIs – which are NDC election and BOS content

I also agree with @jarednotjerry that MDAO should not fund giveaways. I see that you are not using MDAO funds for that, but wanted to note my agreement there for transparency.

I think we may need to reduce funding to a flat rate for this month (I’m thinking $2-2.5K based on the proposals we are reviewing for August) across a number of projects in order to get funding to multiple projects and work together to amplify the ecosystem.

Given the current situation, I think it is likely MDAO will have to limit funding to a grant in a specified amount to produce content supporting NDC election and BOS. And then we can reevaluate in the future after the election.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, for clarifying.

I also update this proposal to 2500$

@so608

Hi guys, i also update our in suitable reviewing by council and advisor.

I still need your support and revision, @jarednotjerry @Klint @so608 @cryptocredit (cc to anyguy that i missed…)

1 Like

Happy to support your proposal!

1 Like