Project for May [ Creating Utility with NFTs]

Creating Utility with NFT
This is the second project to be to be executed under the Afrikan Art collection.The Afrikan Art Collection has its store on mintbase with unique Afrikan Art that tells different stories.

Some of the NFTs in the store were physical art made in the Empowerment program in Lagos organized by me in march.
For this month, I plan to undergo an NFT project where physical arts will be made and minted as NFTs. The purchase and collection of these art would be different from the norm. I intend to deliver the physical form of the art to the buyer/collectors in wherever they may reside.
Objectives

1. To facilitate people’s interest in purchasing NFT
  2. To transform the mintbase NFT space into physical art marketplace.
  3. To train, empower and onboard artists into the near ecosystem

This project is going to undergo the following procedures:
• Scouting of artists: There’s going to be an offline open call for Artist who are skilled in making unique and distinct art to be minted in the store.

• Three weeks production: The creative process will take 2 to 3 weeks.

• Education: This will involve teaching the artist how to open a near wallet and minting of the arts.

• Quality survey: The artworks will undergo quality assurance test before minted.

• Pricing: The price may be subject to change due to the distance of the delivery, but an estimated price would be set after the minting

• Marketing: This Nfts will be promoted on major social platforms through sponsored ad.

Budget Breakdown:

Production cost -$500:* An estimate of 10 to 15 physical arts will be produced. This cost includes materials for making these arts.

Marketing and promotion - $100: This cost include the amount of money that will be used to sponsor the art to prospective buyer/collectors on twitter and Instagram.

Renting of Space and welfare - $100: This space will be needed in the production process of the art. Although the artist will not have to make use of this space throughout the production process. Food and drinks will be provided too.

Bounty - $300: $20 will be given to 10 to 15 that will be scouted.

Total - $1,000

2 Likes

I’m happy for this… Owns your NfTs physically is a very good one​:white_heart:

1 Like

This is one of its kind…. I am excited at the prospect of merging both worlds. Having both the physical and online version

1 Like

Hey @Supercoolkay can you add some links to the previous works mentioned above under the Afrikan Art collection? Interested also in hearing how you plan to organise the logistics of delivering the artworks once bought. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @ted.iv

Kindly check out the link to my previous works here and the link to our store on mintbase here

As for the logistics, I intend to use DHL/FedEx for these shipments.

These courier service have provisions for delicate items and art works and they are available to ship worldwide.

1 Like