People of NEAR Unite! A Call to Action for Covid Relief in Vietnam

Vietnam is one of the countries that was hit the hardest by the covid pandemic with numbers of infections and deaths rapidly surging. As the NEAR community in Vietnam is one of the largest and most active communities, the NEAR ecosystem should mobilise to alleviate the suffering caused by the pandemic. Specifically, Vietnam is suffering from a lack of medical equipment, overloaded hospitals, need for vaccines, and locked down cities with limited employment prospects.

NEAR offers the perfect technological architecture to catalyse communities’ energies and resources to accomplish common projects. More precisely, the creation of a decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO) would allow for a swift action to support relief action through allocation of community funds. With Sputnik DAO this is made easier as its structure allows new and existing communities to have an on-chain representation of their organisation, to interact with other DAOs and engage in the governance processes. These are fundamental characteristics that will ease the process of management and fund allocation of community actions and make it sustainable through fair rewards and ownership.

Now is the time to employ the best of NEAR to support our fellow Vietnamese NEARians in their struggle against the pandemic. It is in such times of need that the NEAR community should come together in spirit of solidarity and cooperation to face challenges using incredible technology like Sputnik. The Funding for Vietnam Covid Charity after raising from community will be used in: 50% for donating Vaccine charity and 50% for buying medical protective equipment (face mask, hand sanitizer, gloves)

Let’s Create An Ecosystem Wide Sputnik DAO To Fund Covid Relief in Vietnam! - Proposal on SputnikDAO

If you are interested in making a donation, please send your $NEAR to vietnam_covid19_charity.sputnikdao.near

7 Likes

until when can we send donations?

By the end of this week. Plz also advice if you have any idea to help out

I’ve build upon other NEAR users who have donated and started a donation thread. If we could boost this thread + tag relevant ppl to particpate, it could help give visibility to the charity :slight_smile: The idea is to RT the tweet with a proof of your donation and continue the thread.

I’ve also talked some of the new NEAR Guilds to donate in their guild name. I think the NFT guild is planning an event for this. Though the timeline might be a bit short. @naveen_in

1 Like

Many tks for your help <3 We raise enough fund for the Charity. I’ll proceed it to send fund to support the Vietnam Covid asap

1 Like

Already! Amazing!!! Really great to hear that <3

1 Like

The report for using fund of the Covid 19 charity Fund

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nUWVip5qJRqXZD-QiPBeEYrpg9h-m6v7/edit