NEAR Digital Collective Steward - Blaze for Consideration and Vote

Hi, I’m Blaze, the leader of the Open Shard Alliance (OSA), coFounder Cheddar, Ref Finance Board member, NEAR advocate, and an established leader and voice in the NEAR ecosystem. I’ve been a community member since before MainNet and have worked nearly full-time within the community for two years, mostly at my own expense. During this time, I’ve helped rally, organize and lead many initiatives, including being the second guild on NEAR, helping define the direction of guilds, assisting with onboarding over 40 validators to MainNet via the OSA, helping to lead StakeWars, and working to establish partnerships throughout the NEARVerse with projects, community, and founders.

With this in mind, I would like the communities consideration and vote to be the Steward of the NEAR Digital Collective (NDC). As the steward and lead of this initiative, I have been. I will help recruit talented community members and work to establish inclusion and consensus on this initiative across the ecosystem. You can expect me to:

1. Keep things moving
  2. Listen to your feedback
  3. Be an advocate for the community
  4. Remain impartial to any project, guild, community, workgroup,the NF or Pagoda

There was a call for my contributions to the ecosystem. Although this is not a comprehensive list, it covers the bulk of my contribution:

My prior experience prior to NEAR and multiple startups was as an enterprise architect for Accenture, where I ran initiatives to build enterprise portals and user-facing systems for Fortune 500 companies.

I look forward to this journey and believe this initiative is of the utmost priority and importance. It’s in perfect alignment and delivers the most critical strategy to NEAR’s mission: To empower the world to have control of their data, assets, and **power of governance!

This initiative is one of our defining moments, please consider joining the initiative.

Formation of NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) and call for participation in the Community Working Group

Illia’s ETH CC talk: Illia Polosukhin : Designing DAOs for Ecosystem Governance - YouTube

Discord: NEAR Digital Collective (NDC)

Thank you for your consideration and please leave a comment for transparency, no matter how you vote.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

37 Likes

Propose @Dacha as President of the NDC

15 Likes

Sorry but I’m for @Dacha

6 Likes

The President of the Community should be experienced in working with grants and proposals person with an upscale reputation. Unfortunately, @blaze is a person who played unfair game in the past.

2 Likes

who is this blaze? never seen him here on the forum
what has he done for the community?
no trust to blaze at all

vote NO

2 Likes

you never did it
and you won’t do it
why do you lie to us ?

1 Like

When it comes to care about Community, listen their voices, and help them with multiple things, taking stand for them. Since my journey started in NEAR I have seen majorly @Dacha doing these things for the community so I would propose if @Dacha can create a proposal for leadership. Would be happy to see him there :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks for your candid response. In terms of grants, through initiatives that directly contribute to the ecosystem (validators, developers, and marketers) I am one of the top grant receivers within the NEAR ecosystem.

Berry Club is a decentralized game that players Pay to Play. While playing, I established board rules and coordinated with dominant players to allow the most players on the board.

BerryRansom was a bot that forced “paying” players to pay an additional fee of 5 NEAR to be unransomed. It was a ternary and a forced landlord that would overwrite the pixels of any player that had been ransomed (small or large), and the players did not like it. So we united with over 20 players that contributed to an account name WipeOut. I then built a Wipeout bot to defeat BerryRansom and dedicated 1000 of my NEAR to end its ternary. Today the board is free of this bot, and the players are free to play without hindrance.

I was even dubbed “Berry Knight” by one of the OG player’s CPU.

Thanks to @evgenykuzyakov for creating the first game and farm on NEAR.

I love the game so much that we forked it and made the first game on Cheddar named Cheddar Draw with a 2X expanded board, a blacklist feature, and rules of no bots or board hogs.

6 Likes

Even @Dacha can attest I am an active community member and weigh in on ecosystem-wide topics on the forum. I use to spend a considerable amount of time on the forum until I began to oversee initiatives like onboarding 40+ new validators to MainNet, Stakewars, Boards, Governance initiatives, and my own Project Cheddar.

9 Likes

I have done these things and will continue to. It’s my hope that other community members will chime in to provide support for the initiatives that I have helped lead, strengthen, and see to completion on many levels.

4 Likes

no sorry
it’s a NO from community

2 Likes

show your activity
just post all the links of your participation on forum in community life for the last year

so you honestly saying that your plan is to do nothing
nice!

NO

1 Like

Thank you for this request. Let me compile a list. I will add it to the post above and here for further clarity and reference.

1 Like
  • can you share a list of apps?

• share milestones planned /achieved, total grants amount. Very interesting for community;

• share the formula of success “how to receive grants from NF,” while other applicants have been waiting for 12 weeks or have never got a response;

• I know people who unfairly were kicked off from stake wars;

• I’ve never seen you here. I think you’re not familiar with community life.

2 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks for putting forward this proposal Blaze!

I’m happy to support you in this endeavour.

To other community members: I’ve had the pleasure of working closely with Blaze through REF Finance Community board for close to a year, through Open Shards Alliance and more recently Stake Wars. I don’t think that I am exaggerating when I say that without Blaze the NEAR network would not be operational today. He has been instrumental in running the community of validators - including onboarding and training through Stake Wars II and III. Blaze has proven to be relentlessly focused on ensuring the ecosystem succeeds, doing whatever it takes.

Final note on Dacha being president; just because one solid community member stands for one role doesn’t mean that all other active and engaged community members are included. In this sense, we are privileged to have two outstanding community members such as Blaze and Dacha and I don’t think there is any question both should be involved in NDC. I trust both of them to come to an agreement on the role that would suit each best.

P.S - behaving like children posting one line attacks and silly memes on a serious governance proposal for a 100m NEAR community fund is the easiest way to get the whole thing to fail. We must prove the community is mature and serious enough to organise and carry this through.

If you would like to learn more about Blaze, check out my podcast episode with him:

23 Likes

I trust Blaze, he’s a fair leader who always wins fairness for everyone :smiley::+1:
he showed that in Berryclub game in the past very well

6 Likes

IMO both are good in their own aspect.
As there are more categories which everyone has a role to play as a lead.
They’re marketing categories under the NDC, governance framework and community engagement.
We all can fit in here with a vote. Since @satojandro has worked with @blaze and can testify he’s a core community builder of near and so far he has been working hard to make this happen(NDC project) we can set several pools for several categories so community members can vote.
IMO @Dacha is good and very active when it comes to transparency and marketing so we can work as a team to meet up this good to a success than trying to make an argument.
We’re one blockchain we should work as one :point_up: and everyone achieve same goal. That’s success

Not been active on forum is not an excuse of @blaze not been a rep for NDC as I know many near core team and near foundations teams are also not active here on forum.
So let’s consider to work as 1 to achieve this goal together for this is for our own benefit.

7 Likes