NDC WEEKLY PULSE - WORKGROUPS -- April 5th, 2023

NDC COMMUNITY PULSE

April 5, 2023

Dear Community,

Every week I provide a weekly snapshot about what we are hearing and learning in the GWG (Governance Working Group) about the NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) for the entire community. This will NOT be a comprehensive, deep dive into everything that is happening, but insights, ideas, and questions for the entire community for a quick update.

Snapshot for how to learn more and get involved:

Tuesday: Community Call to Learn What’s Happening in the NDC

Wednesday: This Community Pulse goes live

Thursday: Live Polls from the GWG goes live

Friday: Matt’s Friday Reflections goes live

WHAT IS OUR PULSE?

One of the core things we’re learning is that even though we’re in a bear market, even though it’s hard to keep track of all the change in the world (and here on NEAR) we have a community with a strong voice, and what matters most is feeling our pulse.

This weekly sharing with you is an attempt on my part to share what we experience as the pulse of the growing movement of the NDC. When we offer “We Are Community” as the rallying call for the NDC Movement, we are gauging the “we” part by what we are learning from the Workgroups that are self-forming. So, moving forward I’m going to share what I am learning by engaging with the workgroups.

New Workgroups include: Distribution/Broadcasting, NFTs, Transparency, Events, Regional Funding, and more are forming every day.

A Refresher on Workgroups:

Workgroups are collectives of people who want to explore, plan, build and in most cases, execute on a business focus, problem or innovation opportunity to support the governance of NEAR. Workgroups are core to the LEAN, “Startup” model the Workgroups bring to the constellation (decentralized verticals) that represents NEAR.

IT STARTS WITH THE BLUEPRINT

So, we have a [BLUEPRINT]Blueprint NDC Workgroup Process - Google Docs (PLEASE offer comments in the doc).

The BLUEPRINT is meant to be a guide for those who WANT to create a Workgroup, as well as those who DO NOT. It’s packed with insights about how to develop groups, with whom and how.

Ultimately, a Workgroup is an emerging node of people who may (or May NOT because they don’t choose to have a budget, but want to offer solutions for-good) turn into a DAO or legal entity. It’s a way to build together towards a higher goal. Below is from the BLUEPRINT for more context:

Workgroup Formation

Forming a workgroup is a permissionless process on NEAR. Workgroups focus on providing value to grow and sustain the ecosystem in a specific area. They start with a community-driven approach focused on making a positive change.

Each workgroup should have a charter outlining purpose, value, and operational structure. A charter template is here: DAO/Node/Project Charter Template.

Here is a Charter example:

GWG Charter:

For workgroups to be considered for funding from the Community Treasury, they must

1. Have a charter, legal entity
  2. KYC/AML processes
  3. Three contributors with a minimum of six months of ecosystem experience each.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED IN THE WORKGROUP MOVEMENT:

We plan to do some really important things this Quarter:

• Hold an AMA on how to start a Workgroup, build it, and lead it. Anyone who wants to host it let me know below.
  • We want to launch 5 workgroups this quarter. We need a crew to develop a “Truth and Reconciliation” Workgorup that helps people and groups address difficult issues (past and present) – ideally, you have the core skills needed (diplomacy, HR or conflict resolution experience, and a big heart).
  • Workgroups will be sharing their charters soon! Please reach and get involved with their ideas, offer to help their groups, and consider what you can do for the process.

CONCLUSION

That’s what’s brewing! Please tell us BELOW what you think of these initiatives - Also - What’s on your mind? How can we support your leanings and involvement? What’s something we should keep in mind?

Best to you all -

Sarah

8 Likes

Hi @sarahkornfeld I sent a message you a message on tg hope you go through it. I’ll be glad to jump on this immediately