My 1 week-immersion as NEAR Community Moderator - Vũ Long Hải

Dear PioNEARs,

My name is Hải, from Vietnam. Through my 7 years of experience in digital marketing for a corporate company and moderator for Octopus Vietnam, I luckily got a chance to become a NEAR mod for this 1-week immersion from @jcatnear , and am thankful for this opportunity.
Today, I’d like to share my daily task, issues, suggestions with you all and looking forward to your feedback to improve myself:
My shift starts from 9:00 to 17:00 daily (01:00 am UTC – 10:00 am UTC) and some additional support hours around 21:00 till 23:00 when making a daily report, reading NEAR news, and supporting members.

Daily job:

• Support/ welcome members on Telegram, Discord, and Reddit.
o 70%: I focus on Discord for the Community Support, Chat, and my Vietnamese community, always try to answer every chat from the community right away, deliver the latest news about the NEAR ecosystem, and kick scammers who lurking around newcomers. (feel like a defender of Discord castle and a farmer/ builder in the Vietnamese community :blush:)
o 20%: I learned, asked questions from Telegram through the near moderators’ group. Quite a few chances for me to answer users’ feedback firstly on telegram because of lightning speed answer of our mod.
o 10%: I read the news on Reddit, upvote good threads and answer people’s comments and reply to direct messages from community members.
o Besides that, I do “skin in the game” for the latest projects on NEAR such as REF, AURORA, OCTOPUS, FLUX to figure out the way for IDO, how to stake, farm, move funds around through Rainbow bridge… to support member better.

Main issues & suggestions:

• Move ETH from aurora to near, but ETH is not showing up in the near wallet → Solution: connect to ref. finance and deposit to solve the problem.
• Restore wallet from passphrase but cannot recover the account (3 cases) → Solution: after trying many ways in the FAQ, direct members to open a ticket in the near wallet
• Loss of funds due to transaction from binance to near through BSC network → Solution: always warn member binance is suspended till 3rd Dec and only huobi, kucoin, gate allow it. However, to solve it properly, I think we should have a notification section in wallet.near.org to warn people of some cautions before transferring/receiving the funds.
• Blank screen when loading near wallet on Firefox and Brave → Solution: try Opera Browser (learn from @fritz) and clear cache.

Learning points:

• Utilize the Zendesk FAQ, the latest Mod FAQ, the search bar in Discord, Telegram near mod group before filing a ticket to Zendesk.
• Feel the joy of being in service for others: sympathize with their loss, try many ways as we can to support them recover their funds, or at least not repeat the same mistake again in the future.
• Try to build the Vietnamese community stronger through language discord channel, keep close contact with 20% of key members, share tweets about the latest project IDO, and interact with them daily to solve their issues.

Recap

I provided high-quality, timely support from 8 – 16 cases per day, mostly on Discord, and keep on building the Vietnamese community in NEAR Discord at the same time. My plan is to strengthen the VN community with some key support members, then they can help by paying it forward to support other new members in the future.
Besides, I also hunted 5 - 6 scammers who were lurking for new members.
Finally, I’d like to express my gratitude toward @JackTran Vikash @Kv9990 , @Benz_Near who support me in the initial steps of this journey, learning tips from @Kemal @GeorgePro1 @FritzWorm and timely answers from @LarryLang @bailey12 …(sry guys, only 10 persons can be tagged) so I can learn and respond toward our users.
I am looking forward to working as an official moderator, and more as a marketing member in the NEAR future.

12 Likes

nice report =))) I can see how much u like the job based on what you have described

5 Likes

Welcome to the team!! It is great working with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey ! Good work Hai Vu ! Really enjoy to work with you !!! :100:

May the Force be NEAR you always. :muscle:

PD: I see what you did there organizing your post hehehe good call :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the team @HaiVu , and great report! :+1:

2 Likes

thank you for your compliment, Larry! I still surprised that you are Vietnamese =))

2 Likes

thanks GeorgePro1, your searching tips help me so much! :smiley :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

May the Force be NEAR you as well, brother!
I learn from your style to make the report, thank you very much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Kemal, actually I really the word PioNEAR and borrow it from you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You did well Mate. It was great working with you.

2 Likes

You also, IgbozeIsrael! You support me for some cases in Discord, thx much bro! :beers:

2 Likes

We work together Bro. Getting things better

2 Likes

Good efforts.
Hope you become quickly a official moderator of NEAR group

2 Likes

Amazing, good job ser :))

2 Likes

thanks bro for your guidance in the new journey! :smiley:

1 Like

haha thanks Classic Bailey, looking forward to your big shot 100 N NFT! :smiley: :beers:

1 Like

Nice report, you’ve done such a good job congrats

1 Like

Merci pour ton compliment, bro! :smiley:

1 Like

2nd Weekly report as NEAR moderator.

After 2nd week, I can troubleshoot most of the users’ requests properly and show them how to implement them step by step, then I think there is some solution that can prevent the problem from the beginning and save time for users and moderators. So, I suggest as below:

1/ A caution box in the NEAR wallet to show which CEX is not allowed to deposit/ withdraw now, or something urgent.

2/ A proper help page with decent UI/UX, which clarify some frequent issue they may have:

1. Issue with Wallet
  2. Issue with Defi
  3. Issue with NFT or Web3…
    So I suggest a page somehow like this, fit the mobile platform, and can redirect to the right page based on users need.

The resource for these FAQs is based on our mod FAQ receiving daily and will be standardized by the wallet team to support future users. I also learn from other fellow mods and create my version here.
This will not only benefit our users from beginner to geek, but also for the new moderator like me, to solve users’ feedback quicker.

Besides that, I’m working on translating the article about Web3.0, which show the difference between the architecture of Cosmos – Polka Dot – NEAR (Octopus) on the Web3 race, and the role of Defi in the development of Web3.0.
By doing this and share to other Vietnamese communities, they will understand clearly the advantage of Near in this competition.

Thanks for your reading time, and looking forward to your feedback! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey ! :rocket: Nice to have your 2nd week report ! :100:

2 Likes