MinBase and SnapChat Augmented Reality workshops

Howdy y’all,

I’m Martin Montero from Mexico City.

We hosting a Web3 Coworking lounge across the street from ETH Mexico, for the whole week of the event.

We are working with Snap Chat to offer workshops on how to use their Lens Studio Platform to dev AR lenses.

The 2 teachers will collaborate with the team at Minbase to learn how to Integrate Snap Chat Lenses with NFT’s on Minbase during the week of ETH Mexico.

These AR workshops will continue for the rest of the year. They will continue to teach NFT integration.

We are asking for a 3-month grant. $300 USD per month. To cover the meetup cost and some more tools and help from the Snap Chat pros.

Thank you

Cheers!

Martin

2 Likes

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this - and for introducing us to the folks working with Lens Studio. We’d love to see more of AR & NFTs coming together, but we understand how we’ll connect the events with Mintbase. From what I understood from the meeting, the team isn’t looking to explore NFTs in their work for ETH Mexico, only further down the line.

It would be great if you could include more information on what will be happening at the event in terms of content. Will you be hosting both workshops on the Lens Studio + separate one about Mintbase? Will people be minting their AR filters on Mintbase?

• how many people are you expecting?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Regina,

Good questions,

Here the breakdown,

1. What the folks at Snap did not what to do during the ETH México workshop was crete a whole NFT & AR experince. Especially not a fashion one. They are fine with doing a workshop where they do they basics of Lens Studio. Y’all do the basics of Mintbase. Both talk about the basics of how they could integrate.

2. We could do very simple NFTs that have a Lens integrated. And Mint them on Mintbase.

3. The workshops will continue beyond ETH México. One every month. They go go deeper.
    Eventually they will build up to doing the AR tours that these Lens Creators are very good at and with enough planning there will be time and resources to do much more indepth and elaborate AR & NFT integration.

Sounds good, Martin!

1. During ETC Mexico there will be a workshop split between lens studio (they’ll focus on future integration with NFTs) and Mintbase (we will not be travelling to Mexico, so are you okay to do the workshop? Should we join in remotely?)
  2. Are they open to mint their creations as NFTs on Mintbase?

Can we do other NFTs for the event? Like entrance, redeemables, etc? Just want to be sure it makes sense for us to sponsor this and that it is not confusing with the messaging around Lens Studio.

Thank you!

Hi Regina,

1. I can do it. I think it would be good for them to meet Mintbase team members.

2. Yes.

Mintbase can mint whatever y’all want. We do want our cafe to be token gated. Open to the entire builder community. Just let me know what y’all would like to do. We would love to offer a form of POAP but on Mintbase. Rather than on the POAP app.

Cheers!

Martin

2 Likes

Hi Martin,

Thanks for explaining. We trust you to use NFTs in your event in the best possible way - we’re interested in seeing ticketing, POAPs, redeemables and everything in between. If you’re applying any of these (or other interesting) use cases, we’re happy to support your first event and see how it goes. If successful, we can, ofc, discuss an ongoing partnership.

At the moment, we can’t commit to 3 months of funding as we’re also redefining our community funding structure.

To recap:

1. Mint POAPs/ tickets for the event
  2. Conduct a workshop (for begginers?) on how to deploy a store and start minting on Mintbase? (we can share some materials + perhaps fund a store to be open for the event)

So the $300 include:

• 6.5NEAR to open a store for the workshop
  • Around 30 NEAR for onboarding links for the event (how many people are you expecting?)
  • Extra $$ to support set up & logistics.

Let me know if that sounds okay!

Thank you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @reginamintbase,

This is a great pilot test plan.

Does Mint Base now have the ability to Mint POAPs? That’s awesome!

Cheers!

Martin

1 Like

Hey Martin! Yeah, we can do POAPs on Mintbase - NEAR Pavillion recently did that. See here: NEAR Pavilion Meetup #2 Proof of Attendance on Mintbase

They mint the NFT, collect the wallets and send it to attendees.

1 Like