Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO constellation: November's funding round report-request

Dear Community!

During the November 2023 submission period , the Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO team received (including proposals postponed from the previous month):

• 31 proposals
  • Total amount requested: $134 317
Proposal Link $ Requested
[PROPOSAL] KANO IS BOS (Bos Developer Event) [CLOSED] [Postponded to Nov] KANO IS BOS (Bos Developer Event) $8,000.00
[Proposal] DeeDee (October) [Approved] DeeDee (November) $3,000.00
[PROPOSAL] MERITOCRACY PLUGIN (Connect NEAR with 43% of the internet), MERITOCRACY FOR WOMEN, INFLUENTIAL CIRCLE & NEAR WOMEN SPANISH. Divisions of MERITOCRACY [Closed] MERITOCRACY PLUGIN (Connect NEAR with 43% of the internet), MERITOCRACY FOR WOMEN, INFLUENTIAL CIRCLE & NEAR WOMEN SPANISH. Divisions of MERITOCRACY $9,940.00
[Proposal] She is Near (October) [Approved] She is Near - #2 by so608 $4,500.00
[RE-PROPOSAL] Kano is BOS Developer Event [Approved] Kano is BOS Developer Event $8,000.00
[Proposal] NEKO Morning Show November Funding [Approved] NEKO Morning Show November Funding $4,400.00
[Proposal] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November [Approved] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November $3,000.00
[Proposal] Near Ukraine Guild Activities in November [Approved] Near Ukraine Guild | Activities in November $2,400.00
Proposal For A Web 3 Radio Show [Closed] For A Web 3 Radio Show $3,645.00
[Proposal] NEAR at NIGHT Twitter Spaces - Monthly Funding Request November 23’ [Proposal] NEAR at NIGHT Twitter Spaces - Monthly Funding Request November 23’ $4,136.00
[Proposal] NEAR NEWS - November, 2023 [Closed] NEAR NEWS - November, 2023 $800.00
[Proposal] Wax Chill and Shill [Approved] Chill&Shill Budget November $5,900.00
[Proposal] NEAR Arabic - November 2023 [Closed] NEAR Arabic - November 2023 $2,600.00
[Proposal] for TNE- Society November [Closed] for TNE- Society November $2,950.00
[PROPOSAL] AI integration for Improving management and interaction in NEAR/AURORA ecosystems [Approved] AI integration for Improving management and interaction in NEAR/AURORA ecosystems $5,000.00
Near Insider - Social Media and Content Creation, AMA [Closed] Near Insider - Social Media and Content Creation, AMA $2,100.00
[Proposal] NearHausa November request [Approved] NearHausa November request $2,500.00
[Proposal] Near Meme Daily November [Closed] Near Meme Daily | November $1,200.00
[Proposal] Nearity - November, 2023 [Closed] Nearity - November, 2023 $2,800.00
[Proposal] NEAR Social Media Promotion community Crypto Gamers [Closed] NEAR Social Media Promotion community Crypto Gamers $3,275.00
[Proposal] NEAR China Community November Proposal [Closed] NEAR China Community November Proposal $3,000.00
[Proposal] November 2023/Near Positive vibes [Closed] November 2023/Near Positive vibes $3,000.00
[Proposal] Near Indonesia Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November [Approved] Near Indonesia Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November $3,000.00
Mini games Play Portal on NEAR/BOS. Milestone 1, [Approved] Mini-games Play Portal on NEAR/BOS $5,500.00
[PROPOSAL] Near Onboarding - Web3 on Campus by IDNFT [Closed] Near Onboarding - Web3 on Campus by IDNFT $3,000.00
[Proposal] Boneyard Gaming Monthly Podcast and SMM budget November 2023 [Closed] Boneyard Gaming Monthly Podcast and SMM budget November 2023 $2,800.00
[PROPOSAL] NDC Degens November [Approved] NDC Degens November $10,000.00
[Proposal] Nov’23 - NEAR Media [Approved] Nov'23 - NEAR Media $2,050.00
[Proposal] Near Türkiye November 2023 [Approved] Near Türkiye November 2023 $2,000.00
[Proposal] Proof of Vibes Nov 23’ Build and Deploy Campaign [Postponed Dec] Proof of Vibes Nov 23' "Build and Deploy" Campaign $5,000.00
NDC SMM team remuneration in November [Approved] NDC SMM team remuneration in November $13,500.00

Following new guidelines from NDC House of Merit MDAO focused on updated KPIs for November.

Near Digital Collective Core Values:

1. Empowering the ecosystem (for people by people)
  2. Respected by the ecosystem (fair, accountable, transparent, and reliable)
  3. Dedicated to ideas of decentralization (antifragile, scalable, with collective decision-making)
  4. Efficient operation (don’t be a burden; instead, help the Community to be more efficient)
  5. Continuous improvement via weekly iterations (plan, measure results, and adjust continuously)

To evaluate the results, please use the following metrics that will be used for tracking individual initiatives’ performance by Marketing (Eco) DAO. All the metrics must be attributable to the relevant project/initiative through on-chain activity and off-chain reporting, ensuring GDPR compliance and preserving privacy:

1. Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on the chain over a given time period (higher is better)
  2. Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better)
  3. Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better)
  4. Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)
  5. Social engagement score — some compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by the users.

Let’s take this example: Why should Marketing (Eco) DAO fund Project X?

1. Project X should have a clear goal and target audience
  2. Project X should bring improvements to several metrics listed above

As a reminder, here is the current MDAO schedule for monthly review and funding of proposals.

Marketing (Eco) DAO November’s funding procedure:

:green_circle: 1. November 9-15th time for proposals from the Community;
:green_circle: 2. By November 15th, reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (HOM, CoA, NDC trust);
:green_circle: 3. November 15th-20st reviewing by HOM members and voting on chain;
:green_circle: 4. November 20th, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to CoA to vote on-chain;
:green_circle: 5. November 20nd-26th – reviewing and voting by CoA;
:yellow_circle: 6. Once the CoA gives its approval, the Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;
7. KYC can be required for new applicants.

Disclaimer: some timelines can be changed due to the transition V0-V1 period. The NDC team works hard to establish new procedures and make the funding process clear and comfortable.

MDAO approved the funding request to the House of Merit, CoA and NDC trust:

MARKETING DAO request November 2023
Description Link Amount
Marketing (Eco) DAO grants
[Proposal] DeeDee (October) [Approved] DeeDee (November) $3,000.00
[Proposal] Kano is BOS Developer Event [Approved] Kano is BOS Developer Event $8,000.00
[Proposal] NEKO Morning Show November Funding [Approved] NEKO Morning Show November Funding $4,400.00
[Proposal] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November [Approved] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November $3,000.00
[Proposal] Near Ukraine Guild Activities in November [Approved] Near Ukraine Guild | Activities in November $2,400.00
[Proposal] Wax Chill and Shill [Approved] Chill&Shill Budget November $5,900.00
[Proposal] AI integration for Improving management and interaction in NEAR/AURORA ecosystems [Approved] AI integration for Improving management and interaction in NEAR/AURORA ecosystems $5,000.00
[Proposal] NearHausa November request [Approved] NearHausa November request $2,500.00
[Proposal] Near Indonesia Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November [Approved] Near Indonesia Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - November $3,000.00
[Proposal] Mini games Play Portal on NEAR/BOS. Milestone 1, [Approved] Mini-games Play Portal on NEAR/BOS $5,500.00
[Proposal] Nov’23 - NEAR Media [Approved] Nov'23 - NEAR Media $2,050.00
[Proposal] Near Türkiye November 2023 [Approved] Near Türkiye November 2023 $2,000.00
Marketing (Eco) DAO grants Constilation grants
[Proposal] She is Near (October) [Approved] She is Near - #2 by so608 $4,500.00
[PROPOSAL] NDC Degens November [Approved] NDC Degens November $10,000.00
NDC operations
NDC SMM team remuneration in November [Approved] NDC SMM team remuneration in November $13,500.00
Blaze reimbursement (NearCon NDC swag) $1,321.00
MDAO operations
Remumeration (3) Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO constellation: November's funding round report-request $12,000.00
Advisors (1) Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO constellation: November's funding round report-request $1,500.00
MDAO social media Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO constellation: November's funding round report-request $1,500.00
Total: $91,071.00

Have a great week!

My Key Activities in November:

• Reviewed 30+ proposals with a focus on past performance and engagement with proposers.
  • Attended weekly Marketing DAO team meetings and engage in additional sessions with MDAO grantees.
  • Provided feedback and guidance to proposers, nurturing consistent communication.
  • Initiated the development of a new Marketing DAO structure for the allocation of NDC Community funds .
  • Actively engaged in external operations with House of Merit, CoA, and NDC trusts.
11 Likes

Proposal for NDC House of Merit created:

4 Likes

Hey everyone, here is my reports

https://gov.near.org/t/report-ongoing-mdao-advisor/36877?u=bakaka

3 Likes

Hi NEAR community, here is a link to my monthly report as Marketing DAO council member for November: [Report] Marketing DAO Council activities for November - cryptocredit

3 Likes

Hello Marketing Ecosystem, I am asking for a review of my proposal, for which I submitted an update Yesterday November 15th. I believe my proposal is on time, as the instructions allow submission until November 15th. Part of the reason I couldn’t submit the update until Yesterday is that I was giving a Spanish language webinar yesterday to Peru about BOS and Aurora as you can check out here in this link: https://www.youtube.com/live/xn62mIlDn-I?si=meS-YXYtcYWk2OZn and I was honored to be invited to a VIP Reception at APEC as a representative of Woman Founder from Latam in Silicon Valley. Here are some photos and videos about that https://x.com/socialmeetclub/status/1724922791864991866?s=46&t=c4Qb65sBPKQEwmuOPtmcnw invitations to USA APEC 2023 as leader women.

I haven’t received a response or comment about this UPDATE that I did Yesterday on time according to the instructions but I don’t see my proposal included in the vote, I’d at least like to know the reason why it will not be included in the vote. Here is the information in this link about my PROPOSAL that is not closed and is UPDATED: https://gov.near.org/t/proposal-meritocracy-plugin-connect-near-with-43-of-the-internet-meritocracy-for-women-influential-circle-near-women-spanish-divisions-of-meritocracy/36778?fbclid=IwAR1O6rinL38DpSW6Mb5yTmdCnIEmkbxcJVqy5PKtRfKo5HfDVxu1y5dvP8k

I am happy to answer questions and receive any feedback, but I didn’t receive any for the update yesterday, November 15, the last day to send my proposal. I ask to be included in the vote. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi NEAR Community, here my the report for November MarketingDAO council activities.

1 Like

Hi @Marilyn Congrats on the honor around the events you mentioned! The proposal request for November has already been submitted to the NDC HoM for voting. Please resubmit for next month. The 15th is the last day for submission but also the day we have to close the review period and submit to HoM. We will update how we explain the timeline for the next round so it is clearer for the community!

1 Like

What about the status of the Near at Night Proposal, we received support from both @so608 , @cryptocredit and @Bakaka, which should satisfy our status as approved, though we are listed as neither approved or closed.

We would like clarification as to what this means. If this was an Error, can it not be changed before the vote has begun?

If this was a mistake that cannot be undone until next proposal period, perhaps a 1 day window for the council to create a request to the HOM is too short of a window to submit a proper on-chain vote.

1 Like

Good morning :smiley:

Last update: 8/15 House of Merit members
already voted. Community is waiting for the
rest HoM members to vote.

8 Likes

Will there be no response or clarification to our situation? @marketingdao-council

1 Like

@marketingdao-council As a Council of Advisors, I am reviewing this proposal from MDAO and I observe that it is quite reactive approach. What is the strategy around acquiring the talents that can help achieving NDC priorities?

2 Likes

Hello @frol !
The strategy is described in NDC V1 Application from Marketing DAO here:

Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals

:arrow_double_down:

:arrow_double_down:

5 Likes

Hi @TroveLabs, first I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to this issue.

I have taken a look into the circumstances and unfortunately it seems that there was an oversight when the proposals were prepared for inclusion in our monthly budget request.

Due to very tight deadlines we were unable to make any changes to the budget request before voting.

We will certainly learn from this experience and look at ways to ensure it doesn’t happen in future.

Please feel free to reapply for funding in the December round.

1 Like

Unfortunately i cant post links, please someone help to put links and tag CoA and TC and the foundation

I see that the CoA member Evangil is part from NEAR Degens /t/report-ndc-degens-october/36805 and he getting salary, he aleady vote to not veto(its mean he vote to approve the proposal), isn’t he shouldn’t vote as he is part from a project in the proposal?

Also, how this proposal (NEAR Degens) get approved despite it have only one support from one conucil? How come?
/t/proposal-ndc-degens-november/36861

And this proposal (ndc smm) get approved after the deadline that MDAO set and have only one very very quick support.
/t/ndc-smm-team-remuneration-in-november/36874

And this proposal get rejected because it not updated before the deadline although the MDAO approved another proposal (ndc smm) posted after this update!:
/t/closed-meritocracy-plugin-connect-near-with-43-of-the-internet-meritocracy-for-women-influential-circle-near-women-spanish-divisions-of-meritocracy/36689

These proposals received support from only 1 MDAO council but it get approved!
/t/approved-near-turkiye-november-2023/36867

This proposal received support from 2 MDAO council but it not in the approve list:
/t/proposal-near-at-night-twitter-spaces-monthly-funding-request-november-23/36753

This is a quick research, maybe some more will come if anyoney can make a deep research.

Hi @TroveLabs I agree that we need to adjust the proposal period schedule (made a similar comment to another proposer that we would update the timing for the next review round to mitigate problems).

I apologize for the confusion here - I do believe this was an error made by accident, and I am looking into what our options are to mitigate this other than waiting until the next/December round.

1 Like

Hi @frol thanks for reaching out and for the question about the strategy. What @johanga highlighted from the proposal is a great overview of our V1 strategy going forward. I wanted to add that, in my view, one of the core values we’ll be relying on is ecosystem collaboration. We are and will continue to actively work to reach out to key ecosystem stakeholders, understand their current goals and marketing needs and then help work as integrators and connectors supporting the pursuit of those outcomes. We have many talented people in the ecosystem, and it’s exciting to look forward to what will be possible under V1.

We welcome anyone who is interested in collaborating or discussing marketing initiatives with the MarketingDAO to reach out via Telegram or marketingdao@proton.me.

3 Likes

@johanga Thanks for providing more context. The new proposal looks fine, though the scope looks too wide and not specific enough. Yet, I want to clarify that I was commenting this post and it already quotes NDC v1 values and metrics and I did not see those applied, so I voiced it - I hope to see NDC to be more purposeful.

3 Likes
2 Likes

1.House of Merit approved MDAO request
https://near.org/astraplusplus.ndctools.near/widget/home?page=dao&tab=proposals&daoId=congress-hom-v1.ndc-gwg.near&proposalId=4

2.CoA not vetoed it
https://near.org/astraplusplus.ndctools.near/widget/home?page=dao&tab=proposals&daoId=congress-coa-v1.ndc-gwg.near&proposalId=4

3.MDAO Request to NDC Trust:
https://app.astrodao.com/dao/ndctrust.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/ndctrust.sputnik-dao.near-100

4 Likes