Introducing ArtDAO

That works, happy to help facilitate that if it’s how you guys want to proceed

2 Likes

Will wait on @carrapatoso 's response.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I am against it.

Tks!

1 Like

Why not? I am an open, friendly and fair, there is nothing to hide, I am ready for any kind of discussion, even behind a chessboard :slight_smile: If I need, always with you next to you!
Thanks for the offer
The best way to change the situation, start changing it!)
:upside_down_face: :v:

Because I prefer to keep the history of the conversation as it was.

Tks!

1 Like

Hey, @jlwaugh! Happy New year!

First, I’d like to apologize for the delay in responding. Thank you very much for the excitement about the first Vergo Index seminar proposal. I am also very excited and have many ideas and plans for the future. One of them is ART DAO with @carrapatoso , who is an amazing friend and professional with experience in working with art and technology.

Answering the great questions:

1- Long term goals.
When we facilitate and create bridges between the art and tech sectors, we are in constant development of a culture around tech that wasn’t initially there. In doing so, the museums and cultural institutions feel more comfortable to explore new methods of creating their artistic work, such as exploring the metaverse and doing projects using blockchain. One good example is a Brazilian institution, Museu de Arte Moderna de São Paulo, which recreated their site and activities in Minecraft. (mam no minecraft | MAM) After their internal restructuring and the definition of new priorities – and tech was on the top list --, they expanded their activities not only to their physical space, but also to the metaverse. After this step, to insert blockchain in the process is extremely easy.

2- Which institutions and why?
To develop a pilot and our methodology, in this first phase we will work with museums located in Lisbon, Portugal, as we both are based here. Our initial plan is to work with max 3 institutions, with different typologies (eg paintings, sculptures, contemporary, memorabilia, etc), so we can have a diversified data collection for the pilot.

In a second phase, we will anonymize the data collected for the pilot and check the common points to structure what will be our official methodology.

In the third phase, we will be able to apply the methodology around the globe.

The museums will be our main focus as they are the ones to be more conservative in the use of technology, but at the same time they are the ones responsible to the knowledge production in the art sector. In this way, at the same time that we are having a hands-on experience with the museum, we are guarenting the content and research production (one of our DAO’s verticals)

3- Workshops and conferences
Yes, these activities are also contemplated in the process. However, we want to tailor them together with the museums. We believe that we can’t go to a conservative institution with a ready-to-apply package (eg toolkit) without considering their interests and topics to develop. So the workshops and conferences will be developed based on their desires and inputs.

It was great to be able to clarify more about Art DAO based on the questions raised in the forum. Thank you! :smiley:

5 Likes

Just a quick update that we are working in our first research and soon will post our next steps and rodamap. Tks!

Roadmap and AstroDAO address added!

1 Like