Hello Hello! Big hug to the friendlier on-chain Community all over the Blockchain Space
So, we had an unsuccessful upgrade, and we all can learn from it and improve.
Here is the record of what happened
Upgrade: before May 25th!
We all get my own wallet fritzwagner.near approved as a council because it was the way to create the upgrade proposal.
Then to allow more speed in order to approve and to clean up the DAO proposals dashboard we created a new group on May 24th.
Unfortunate, when we finally did it there was impossible to upgrade it on May 24th at approx 5 PM UTC because the network upgraded, which changed the cost of deploying smart contracts thus is no longer possible to upgrade any DAO from v2 to v3 anymore.
I removed myself from the council position on the DAO the same day.
We can continue all the operations as if nothing happened, the DAO will still work as always, at least for the next 6 months. We will decide in time how we are going to manage the migration.
So, for the DAOs applying for funding next month, please continue creating a poll on the same Creatives DAO.
For the DAOs creating a poll this month who were still waiting for approval, please create a new poll. This is regarding the following:
We have to remember we are a big community so we might take steps more slowly than little communities.
And everything is good, we will learn from this and improve our communications to be more effective for emergency voting or to resolve fast decisions.