How can we be sure that Skyward will not disappear with the collected money after the sale?

How can we be sure that Skyward will not disappear with the collected money after the sale? I have not found audits on their site and I have not skills to verify the code myself.

5 Likes

So as far as I know,
(1) NEAR devs have reviewed the lock up contract on the Live Contract Review: https://youtu.be/_nbRP6jVxa0

(2) Skyward Finance says they are “fully open sourced and partially audited” here: Is Skyward a Launchpad?

Would someone be able to inform me what constitutes the partial audit and by whom it is done? Is it referring to (1)? (I’m not familiar with the technical side of things so can’t tell ^^;;:wink:

2 Likes

Skyward Finance · GitHub FYI

I’m not in the position to audit the source code. But this project is promoted by lots of Near’s Influencers, will such a shame if it turns out a rug pull.

1 Like

Hi,

Spensa here. I want to clarify a few things:

There were no official audits, since it’s pretty hard to get an audit for the NEAR contracts. There was a live contract review from Eugene for older version of a lockup contract. We’re waiting for the full audit from Eugene for the core contract, but it will take time.

The link to the contracts source code is posted above. The contracts are pretty well tested with the simulation testing. Especially the sale part and the referrals part. Of course, it doesn’t mean there can’t be an error somewhere.

When compiling the contracts for mainnet we used contract builder from NEAR SDK. I’ve added a build script recently that uses the same Docker to rebuild the contract binary and compare it to the one from the release folder. It’s the same binary that was deployed on-chain. Try rebuilding it for yourself using: contracts/docker_build.sh at master · skyward-finance/contracts · GitHub

When we were building/deploying contracts to the mainnet, we have decided to opt-out from the upgradability in favor of full decentralization and autonomy. The contract/account is fully locked: NEAR Explorer | Account It means it doesn’t have any keys. You can also inspect the code to see that there is no upgradability mechanism.

In case we need to upgrade the contract, we’ll have to deploy a new version on a different account. It’s a tough choice, but it was possible because of the way Skyward Treasury works. If there is a need to move to a new contract, all funds can be withdrawn without any penalty from the Treasury by their respective owners (tracked by SKYWARD token).
Finally, if there is a security issue or a bug found in the contract and we are aware of it. The best we can do is to not disclose the issue itself, but disclose that it exists. So the community can withdraw the assets from the Treasury.

P.S. We only two devs on the projects and don’t have too much resources to complete all features yet. That’s why some features are missing from the UI such as treasury redeeming and creation of the new sales. We’ll add them in a coming days/weeks. As well as add docs for the contracts, so they can be accesses from CLI and other contracts. Good thing we don’t need to work on the contracts anymore, because we don’t have control over them :slight_smile:

Thanks for believing into us so far.

3 Likes

Hi Spensa,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Just tried to deposit some Near in Skyward Finance.

Have couple questions as below:

1. After the 1st sale when investors can trade $Skyward? and when it will be available. We have to admit that most investors come for a short term benefits, thus they want to trade as soon as possible.

2. How many projects have registered for a Project Launch in Skyward? and when that function is available?

3. We can burn &Skyward to get a share of treasury. When will it available?

Thanks & all the best for your project.

1. After the 1st sale when investors can trade $Skyward? and when it will be available. We have to admit that most investors come for a short term benefits, thus they want to trade as soon as possible.

It’s available immediately once the sale starts. You’ll be able to click claim and tokens will be transferred to the wallet. If there is a pool on Ref, then you’ll be able to trade.

There are a few projects that are interested. It’s the next priority after adding the treasury redeeming feature. It has some extra requirements, such as registering/depositing new tokens to skyward and some way on the UI to distinguish between real tokens (verified) and fake tokens, e.g. same symbol name, but owned/created by someone else.

Ideally, the UI should support it before the sale starts, trying to do this asap.

1 Like

Normally, the core team will reserve some budget (token allocation) to create the pool at the beginning. As at this stage, few individuals have enough token and can take the risk to create a pool in Ref. How do you think?

Happy with the rest of your answers. Will support your team.

1 Like

jusdao initial a DAO to power the Skyward Finance community governance of avoiding Tragedy of the Commons like Berry club. SKY DAO

1 Like