DeLorean - A Geo-tag Time Capsule

Project Title : DeLorean - A Geo-tag Time Capsule

Project DAO: NFT Gaming

Project member: mansoor.near

DeLorean is a platform where you can create Time Capsules where you need to reach a specific time and the respective geo-tag constraints in order to unlock an NFT which is linked to surprising content stored on IPFS.

I propose this as a fun way of getting early on-boarders on NEAR platform and of course, who doesn’t love old doc and marty!! Giving users a way to reminisce old days of time travel dreams.

The UI/UX experience will be of the retro Back to the future DeLorean Time setter and an attractive trigger which will seal of the time capsule until the given time. The surprising content for the NFT time capsule will be stored on IPFS and the hash to the content will be linked with the NFTs. The position for retrieval will be saved as three words which is generated by What3Words.

What3words is a proprietary geocode system that is designed to identify any location with a resolution of about 3 metres (9.8 ft). The system is owned by What3words Limited, a location services company based in London, England. The What3words system encodes geographic coordinates into three dictionary words; the encoding is permanently fixed. For example, the front door of 10 Downing Street in London is identified by ///slurs.this.shark.[1] What3words differs from most other location encoding systems in that it displays three words rather than strings of numbers or letters.

The Time capsule will be retrievable after the given time period and when the person reaches that specific geo-tag using What3Words plugin he/she will be able to unlock the NFT and enjoy the unique surprising content which you discovered!

DeLorean can also be used for organizing Treasure hunts organized by online platforms which would contain both online and outdoor exposure.

About me: I’m a blockchain developer working in private blockchains but enthusiastic about public blockchains and its direct effect on common people and giving power back to people.

4 Likes

This sounds like a lot of fun, I’ve given it a thumbs up for the onboarding angle. I think you could also propose it to the NFT-gaming DAO which feels like an even closer fit. Either as an addition to this round or for the next round (presentation deck).

Thanks @starpause for suggesting this proposal for NFT gaming, it is indeed a good fit!

@mansoorop I see you made a proposal already to the NFT Gaming DAO, but you forgot to include a link to this forum post.

Could you please submit again with the link included? This way your idea will be on-chain and recorded in the history of this hackathon :pray:

Thanks!

Yes @starpause . It would be a great fit to NFT-Gaming. But I forgot to add the forum link there. And when I tried again I’m getting some error and not able to submit the proposal.image

The tx error says “Description length is too long” so maybe just put one line, since the link will already point to the details.

Also, use the short link: https://gov.near.org/t/2188

Thanks @lenara That was it!! The description was too long. Submitted again.

Excellent, thanks a lot, the council will be voting soon.

(We will vote no in the first proposal that did not include the link, as there is no way of withdrawing proposals yet)

1 Like

Super cool! Looking forward to seeing some mockups of this.