Guild name: NEAR Games
Guild Leader(s): [@garikbesson]
Guild SputnikDAO Address: -
Guild Location (if focused on specific geography): International
Guild Details: Community of game creators and gamers based on NEAR Protocol
The world of gaming is rapidly changing. The NEAR Protocol plays a big role in this, which gives technical capabilities to create mechanics of interaction with applications that were not available to other blockchains. In addition the support provided to game developers by NEAR Protocol (ability to use Rust and AssemblyScript for writing contracts, SDKs (including libraries for Unity and Godot), code examples, education projects etc.) enables web2 game developers to create web3 games.
In such circumstances it is very important to help such developers make contact with potential audiences. (@sashahudzilin wrote about the importance of the community for web3 games here). It is important not only to bring gamers to the particular game project, but also to connect game developers with people who can help them to build their project. It can be any roles:
- Script Writers
- Game Mechanics Creators
- Token Economics Creators
- Community moderators
- Subject Matter Experts
If we look at this subject from the other side, the NEAR Protocol community needs a source where they can get news about new games and existing games. At the moment there is extremely scattered information, which is very difficult to find. The only reliable way to get this information is to go Human Guild to Discord. But it is not a convenient way for common users. To solve this issue first we will create informational channels on Twitter and Telegram. As the community grows and the number of games grows, we will create an informational website.
So main goals of the guild:
- Full support for web2 game developers who are interested in creating web3 games - to tell them about NEAR capabilities, to discuss ideas, to give feedback directly from potential audiences, to get help from other sides (like DevRel, Human Guild, etc).
- Connect game developers with gamers. Guild will attract gamers and all those interested in the games by maintaining channels with all available information about NEAR games - telegram channel, twitter, reddit.
- Help game developers to form their own community on base guild human resources.
- Organizations communicate between creators of different games in order to share experience, ideas, contacts.
- Create social medias - telegram, twitter
- Make visual identity - logos for social medias, twitter banner
- Bring to guild game developers from Human Guild
- Get support from Degens and other communities to attract the first participants
- Start collection and sharing all news about NEAR games
- Form a guild team
KPI will be based on the following metrics:
- Total number of participants in all social media
- Number of gaming communities created by guild support
- Number of attracted web2 game developers
- Number of published game prototypes
- Number of people involved in the creation of games
Will be necessary in the future.