Community Squad Weekly Update: 2 FEB 21

Metrics

Discord total members: 8485 → 8814 (+329)

Telegram total members: 8147 → 8194 (+47)

Total number of guilds: 26

Our effort last week:

• 2021 community strategy feedback/revision and budget
  • NEAR Sandbox reactivation and introduction meeting with all guilds
  • ETHDenver volunteering / planning
  • Paras CNY event proposal
  • AngelDAO proposal [TL;DR: decentralised venture grants funding using SputnikDAOs]
  • Social token group chat launched https://t.me/socialtokens
  • DAOcademy launched to fund educational projects in our ecosystem: https://sputnik.fund/#/academy.sputnikdao.near
  • Sputnik website and UI project with MagicPowered

This week’s initiatives:

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 5.28.00 PM

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 4.41.23 PM

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 4.41.23 PM

1 Like

As we are stepping into February, let’s take a quick look at some key changes in one month.

• Total number of guilds: +3
  • Discord total members: +700
  • Telegram total members: +269

TLDR Insights (Credit to @tiffanygyj)

• There is a move away from Telegram and focus more on Discord and forum for the purpose of gathering information in central places. (That’s why we see a faster growth of discord server than our telegram channel).

• In January, there’s actually a huge increase of new accounts created on MainNet Wallet. From the country breakdown, it shows that Vietnam and Thailand accounts for most of the increase. I think the the Vietnam community (led by @RileyTran) has contributed a lot to the growth.

• We could explore on the Asian community (outside of China) such as Singapore, South Korea and Indonesia as they are more active telegram users and we don’t have much appearance in these areas atm. The Paras CNY event is believed to be another growing point later this month. And we should use this as an experiment for many our upcoming initiatives in the future, in order to prepare for the launch of Flux and Mintbase.

1 Like

Open commentary … what do y’all think about shifting more of our focus towards Discord and Forum (i.e. more resources dedicated to Discord/Forum) and less on Telegram?

My personal preference is the forum. I think this thing is super well done. Would love to make this the center of activity in terms of discussions and opportunities then link to Discord / Sandbox.

1 Like