[CLOSED] Writers' Guild Funding Proposal for September, 2022

I’m also interested in reading a reply to your question. I have been waiting for days now.

1 Like

Hello @FabDab

I appreciate the solidarity.

Let’s keep working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Folks,

Fernanda and I @palomak talked it over and decided to resubmit the proposal to execute the 2nd stage of the “Propulsion Writing” project only after the completion of the first stage.

Thanks

4 Likes

Hello @sheadyyy

I am aware of the decision of my partners, and i just want to manifest my opinion, that i disagree with the majority.

Discussion it’s a very important part for this process of re-think organization, in our goal of decentralized organizational structures to come, and I wanna to do it here (why not?)

Moderator’s are not directors, in the end we are just members of this community on this duty of filtering what is acceptable or not to be voted by the community. So far, when Moderators approve, all community have being approving, cause we wanna to be supported back from our partners, right? Then moderators have to be as critical as possible on this first step of approving. The way my colleges done that, at the actual proposal, was vote agaist, and my way to be critical was write that comment. Unfortunately could generate more misunderstand, be i still worth try to share thoughts over here.

Our system is far from perfect, and this is also beautiful, so how are part of the community are also responsible to make it grow.

I wish next month Writers Guild could be accepted, hopefully by the improvements that will be done by Writers Guild, based on the other mods suggestions.

Let’s keep on developing our conversations here in the most kind way as possible.

Thnks Community

8 Likes

Okay,

I have this to say to Writers Guild.

The @creativesdao-council are working hard to be honest, and I’m sure they are not being biased, no one is above the law.

When a proposal get Closed, it’s for the community to grow and improve, pls don’t let us see it as personal attack,
Will be calm to pay attention to the advice left as a reply on Guild’s proposal while we are closed, so we can actually improve, bless the everyone.

3 Likes

as I am the council member that posted this proposal (even this being a council construction), I guess it makes sense to give my two cents to all that discussion — talking more as community member than a person part of WG’s council.

yeah, the refusal of our proposal was a really cold water bucket in our heads during a cold winter night. after our first six months, we’re finally getting a better understanding on how things (can) work here: community building, projects funding, reports, decentralization, web3 and all that come along. we were sharing a feeling that things was getting more “professional” — and I still feel that.

this doesn’t mean that the things appointed by the moderators are senseless, of course not! yeah, some projects lack more tangible metrics, ecosystem integrations and ways of expanding out of our bubbles (the guild, Near, web3, etc.) and I thank you for putting this into words.

but one thing that bothers me are, actually, two: the harsh tone of the appointments, and the quick close without arguing.

even with almost propositive suggestions by the mods, the feeling of having our work disqualified is now a common sense in our guild, including council and the whole community. and I’m not saying that everything should be approved, specially without questioning, but wandering around the forum we see other funding proposals and/or projects, with similar issues, but having a different approach from the Creatives moderators.

things like “5000k to write poetry is absurd” makes me think that the sent proposals weren’t even read, as we have only 2 in 8 proposals related to this…but, trying to see the good side of things, all this discussion is showing that we have an active community, getting stronger everyday.

at least, now speaking as a councilier, we asked the project leaders to re-adequate their projects having in mind all these discussions and suggestions. some seem to have had a quickly comprehension and did better than others, but just for having done this exercise, I believe it was valid and all mebers will be more aware for the next projects, nt only here, but through the whole ecosystem (and, I hope, even outside here).

we’ll keep doing our work and return next month with these learnings assimilated.

peace.

18 Likes