[Closed] The BlockChat @ NEARCON 2022

Thanks for share your impressions about this here with us, @LulucaL.

Since my proposal was denied by a marketing council member, I received a few messages of support and outrage, and I’d like to thanks again all of them, this time here at the forum. Some of them suggested me to change this post category from Marketing to #Community and see if this bring another point of views fro this proposal, so I’m trying this.

Today I’ve been through all travel stipends proposals for Nearcon 2022 I could find and they looks very different both in content and the way they’re handled by the people who can approve or not them. And that’s making a lot of people questioning a lot of things, which can be good when this is done without personal attacks and having the ecosystem good health as an end.

From all proposals that I read, I saw just two from Brazilians: one “kind of” approved; other (a collective request with one person from Brazil) is without any response yet, as some others proposals from creatives representatives. But, as a “side effect” of this research, I discovered some Brazilians developers — the first ones I’ve heard — on Near!

I also read this post with updates from Nearcon stipend proposals, so I’m updating my funding request based on all I saw to give a last try to be part of Nearcon 2022, counting on another look from marketing team or a fresh one from @CommunityDAO:

flight tickets + nearcon ticket + 4-day hostel/food/transport
1750 + 300 + 400 = $2450 USD

I also made a short version of my proposal deliveries; please keep in mind that all of them are focused on Portuguese speaking people (specially Brazilian), both inside and still outside the Near ecosystem, that’s why I’m using more Instagram than Twitter (even planning to also post there).

BEFORE

• Event related social media content (reels and stories on Instagram)

DURING

• Six special live episodes from The BlockChat (about 15 minutes each, longer depeding on guest availability; twice a day)
  • Social media content (reels and stories on Instagram) during the whole conference

AFTER

• One live BlockChat episode (around 45-60 minutes on YouTube) sharing my impressions and answer questions about my Nearcon experience.
  • One Medium article, in Portuguese, sharing my impressions about Nearcon

If needed, for a better understand, please check the posts above.

That’s all, folks.
Thanks again for your time!

P.S.: for people who likes numbers, metrics and all that, here’s a print of my forum summary (I saw someone talking about this and that made me look to mine as nice ones, specially the reading related.

2 Likes

I hope this project is approved @bagadefente . Besides other things, your work contributes to a historical record of Brazilians in Near. I’m cheering here.

1 Like

Hello, @bagadefente. The proposal was assigned to Marketing DAO. If you have decided to change a category, you need to close it and create a new one under a new category. Thanks , not its closed in Marketing DAO.

• Actually, 4 days, not 10.

• By the way, as a suggestion - maybe your friend @hevertonharieno can pay for the trip so far as he was excited to support your project.

I see $3700 in Cudo DAO treasure.

1 Like

The CUDO DAO does not accumulate funds. Our treasury exists as a result of payments that have not yet been made, but have been forecast in recent proposals and described in our monthly reports.

We are very willing to find ways to support interesting initiatives like Bloc Chat, but obviously we cannot do this by sacrificing the entire budget (which is currently $5000). So as moderator of the creatives we suggest to the community members other means and sources for these funds.

We would love to have more funds, but we do the best we can to make more and more activities happen within our community.

=/

3 Likes

My god, it just keeps getting worse. Help! What’s up??? :scream: I can’t believe I’m seeing an amazing and important project being treated this way. What happened to our Near community? It’s sad…

1 Like

Hello all,
even though it is closed, I want say a few last words over this topic.

@Dacha, thanks for telling me that I need to create another post if I want to change to change its category, I wasn’t aware of this, but now I am.

About your suggestion to CUDO DAO, @hevertonharieno explained very well and, once again, I thank him, but having been here (I guess) longer than we have, you must know how those things works, so your “suggestion” sounds unreasonable — again, not to say, nonsense.

To finish, I appreciate everyone who interacted with this thread, but I won’t open another topic on Community category and I quit of trying to be part of Nearcon 2022: it seems a very little “creatives-friendly” and full of marked cards event — and I don’t have a beer truck or anyone close with decision power to quickly approve me with little to no questions.

So, happy conference to everyone and, maybe, I can join next year.

1 Like

Sad, Sad, sooooo Sad… Tsc tsc tsc :pensive: