[Closed] Represent NEAR at PBWS from 13.-14.04

Wasn’t expected to make things turned into a wrong way - a very much hostile and personal kind of way.

As I stated above, this WAS NOT my intention in the beginning. From just a personal opinion like this

Then somehow some members from Community DAO Members rushing in and singled-out me as spreading hatres and personal attack. That is very sad kind of behaviours as a Community DAO member.

All my points was just trying to analyse the pros and cons of this proposal by put it into a comparison of the recent controversial proposal of @near.insider . Rather we investing $6,000 to one person (without a guarantee that this will benefit the community) or with the same fund can operate the whole team that brings so much value to the community. That’s all

I am very sad because this seems like the environment we are giving out to the Community member when they speak up and share their thoughts and idea.

Please reconsider your words and your actions @zubairansari07 @stanisnear @Kemal, because I know you are contribute something to this community.

Again and again, no words for @IgbozeIsrael , very irrelevant and un-helpful in this post.
Please contribute a better constructive thoughts and words.

Hey brother, Everyone is welcome to share their thoughts but some of your words looked harsh to not only me but others as well, though it might be not your intention.

Also, not every community DAO member came here and rush on you. People commented here their own view as a NEARian, No one asked them to comment forcefully or shared the proposal link to comment.

Edited ! Sorry for saying the whole Community DAO member, it should be just some members.
This bring me to questioning out the quality of @CommunityDAO ?

But again, this isn’t relevant in this post so will leave that question out

I know your type and refuse to use words against you.
Your words here directly to me shows who you are. You can go ahead with your ‘relevant’ contributions.

Thanks.

1 Like

For your information, @CommunityDAO is not a ‘clique’. It’s for the same reason why you are voicing out your own contribution to this proposal.

You should take note that what is been said here is your use of words.

Is it not ‘awesome’ that you are almost taking everyone’s attention from the proposal to your use of words?

1 Like

Hi @IgbozeIsrael , very confusing choice of words you are using right now and confusing me.

Regard on the @CommunityDao topic, please argue that in another post. You are being spammy with your irrelevant contribution right now.

Have a great day!

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Hey everyone,

@chobeo I understand your point of view, and I’m sorry if you think I had some bias for this whole situation, there isn’t any bias, I just expressed my view and everyone is welcome to do that with proper explanations.

As already mentioned, personal attacks and “passive-aggressive” behavior is not appreciated since it does not bring any benefits, for instance I would kindly ask also @IgbozeIsrael to moderate his behavior.

I’m not going to disable comments on this thread yet since it hasn’t been approved/rejected, but let’s please avoid making any personal attacks and let’s try to be more friendly and positive.

Thank you

7 Likes

Hi @Kemal , can you further explaining this maybe?

Thanks.
I have withdrawn myself from conversations with her already.

Thank you @stanisnear , I am grateful for this.

Very constructive thoughts and words which can beneficial us all upon this post.

1 Like

Much needed comment @stanisnear :v:

Peace everyone!

2 Likes

Hi @KriptoRaptor, yes, it was my intention to represent the @ConciergeTeam / Project Ops team as part of NEAR to show the projects that we exist and the services we provide.

Unfortunately not, as I was only made aware of the event by DEIP’s request. But I can definitely imagine something like this for future events, but for this, you have to register much earlier, unfortunately, I did not have this time

I was thinking mostly of projects that are already active on other blockchains such as Solana and to show them that with little effort and our support they can become a multichain project to reach even more people.

Why projects that are already active on other blockchains? Because these projects already have a community that is active. That means if we could get the project on NEAR as well, we would grow our community without much extra effort.

And of course to deepen the relationships with already existing projects from our ecosystem, like DEIP Protocol.

4 Likes

Hi @cryptocredit, No, me and my team from @ConciergeTeam are not direct employees of the NF, but we have signed a contract for our work, otherwise we would not be paid by the NF. So there is a contract between us and the NF, but we are not direct employees, even though we do things like an employee, such as daily reports, shift schedules, and/or vacation requests. Does this answer your question?

3 Likes

Hey @chobeo, Please check above!

Hi @marketingdao-council, the event is already in two days and I would have to book the hotel and flight for tomorrow. Prices for hotels (~$30+) and flights ($120+) have already gone up, and I think tomorrow will be more expensive as well. I would be very grateful to get feedback on my proposal as I need to book very soon if it gets approved.

Flight costs

Hotel Peyris Opera in my initial post is not available from 12th-15th anymore, so I looked for another one close by.

Hotel costs

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.04.11-13_17_48

I’m happy with whatever decision is made. If it doesn’t work out this time, at least I’ve drawn attention to something important, because I think it can be of great value to NEAR to have the Project Ops team consisting of @FritzWorm, @HaiVu, @LarryLang, and myself actively speaking at Regional Blockchain events to other projects.

And in case some are wondering about my professional experience or wanna proof of that as well, here is my LinkedIn profile. Feel free to connect with me! :slight_smile:

Kemal Gökdogan

4 Likes

Hi @Kemal thanks for your reply to my question. I understand that you need a decision to be made quickly and I I happy to support your plans.

Tagging @satojandro @Klint @so608 to add their comments and expedite this asap.

4 Likes

Hi Kemal, thanks for your proposal.

My only thoughts with this proposal are around - why isn’t the NEAR Foundation covering these expenses directly if you are an NF employee and will be there on official duties?

As someone who recently attended ETH Denver, I can attest how important it is to have active, knowledgeable community members representing the ecosystem. Just walking around with a NEAR/Aurora hoodie attracted a lot of attention and resulted in the onboarding of many high quality leads. Naturally I am happy to support the travel expenses for the community members and events that satisfy this criteria.

Also worth noting that while the ticket of the conference is expensive, the flights are relatively cheap - one of the many advantages of living in a neighbouring country.

Finally, I would like to remind everyone that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and while we promote healthy discourse, it is a waste of time to feed the trolls. It is well known that these kind of never ending arguments and attacks from anonymous accounts with questionable intent have historically put off high quality applicants from engaging on the forum, ultimately resulting in much more value lost from alienating these honest community members than what would’ve been lost even if the proposed funds didn’t yield the expected results.

10 Likes

Hey @satojandro, that’s a good question, I asked @David_NEAR a few days ago if we could get discounted tickets and unfortunately, there were none left. I asked David if I can write a proposal to the Marketing DAO regarding this and he said that I can do that but it is at the discretion of the Marketing DAO if this will be approved. I did not know that NF also covering such expenses as well. If this is the case, I would definitely consider this for the next proposal. I just think that for this proposal it will be a bit tight in time to add NF now. What do you think?

That’s right, the presence alone brings a lot. I’m planning to print a QR code on the back of the hoody so that people can request onboarding support directly from the Project Ops team. I hope I can get that done in such a short time.

Hoody back - Project Ops onboarding

Thank you for the strong words. Of course, I will not let that stop me from continuing to be active in the forum and providing value to the community.

5 Likes

Hey @marketingdao-council, I just created the poll in Astro DAO, as supposed by @satojandro. Thank you :pray:

3 Likes