[CLOSED ] Near Digital Fashion Podcast Series Funding Request For January 2023

Greetings @marketingdao-council and Happy new year.

I am Ojukwu Johnson @styleherbalist a web3 fashion designer, a Digital artist and the co-founder of Near DigitalFashion Dao also a member of Graffiti Dao, I have been into the fashion industry since 2012, I’m the creative director of a fashion brand based in Abuja, Nigeria.
I’m here to build, promote and collaborate with other creatives and DAOs to activate the presence of Fashion in Near Community.

Near Digital Fashion Dao is a community of fashion designers and craft makers in Web3 Ecosystem collaborating with each other to develop digital arts and fashion crafts as a wearable NFTs and as well educating other Fashion designers and craft makers who are still operating in web2 the need and benefits of switching to Web3 in this digital art revolution and onboarding them into Near Ecosystem.

Council Members
@styleherbalist
@Pallo

For more details about Near Digitalfashion Dao

As a Dao we put up our first project [APPROVED] NEAR DIGITALFASHION DAO funding Proposal for September, 2022 in October 2022, A 2 days Digital Fashion Workshop where we trained up to 10 fashion designers on the tools they needed to enable them operate as web3 digital fashion designers and to enable them create wearable NFTs.
Here is the report
[REPORT] Start Creating Digital Fashion Workshop and masterclass for Near DigitalFashion Dao, September Edition
In November 2022 we summited a proposal on this same topic and it was closed. [Closed] Near Digital Fashion Podcast Series Funding Request For December2022 and January2023

We were encouraged to find a minimum viable way to produce some episodes which one way or the other still requires funding. So on the other hand we understand how narrow the allocated funding budget of marketing Dao is, so me and my team decide to request for minimum fund to enable us experiment this project and show the community the value which this project will create in promoting and marketing Near and it Ecosystem.

Project Description (Content)
Near Digital Fashion podcast series is an audio and visual podcast series that will be stream on our YouTube channel and other streaming channels to educate and sensitize digital fashion designers, digital/NFT artists about Near and it Ecosystem, the future of Digital Fashion designers and NFT artists in Near Ecosystem/community. It will be an interactive podcast with Digital fashion designers, NFT/digital artists and Near Community members. Discussing the impacts of Near Protocol on Digital/NFT artists, Digital Fashion designers and in Web3 Ecosystem at larg. Analyzing the NFT market places under Near blockchain like Mintbase, Paras, Apollo42 and many more DApps. That’s includes how they can optimize these markets places and their side benefits.

Project Total Budget : $1,480

Given amount is per two week

• Near Digitalfashion Dao Telegram and Twitter promotions - to increase our audience $20
  • Community growth and Team work: $50/2weeks(Team of 5) = $250
  • Twitter daily Tweets (About The podcast series) publisher: $50
  • Graphics design for publicity: $50
  • Youtube video/Audio creation: $100
  • Softwareand Editing: $100
  • Guest work: $100/guest(one Guests/series) = $100
  • internet subscription: $20

Subtotal per week: ($690 × 2 series in 1 month) = $1,380

• Printing of Backdrop: $30
  • Set design (for one month) : $70
  • Total Cost: $1,480

Project Goals
Near Digital Fashion podcast series major goal is to educate and sensitize digital fashion designers and NFT/digital artists about Near Protocol and it Ecosystem, the benefits and what the future holds for them in the Ecosystem.

Metrics FOR SUCCESS

• Growing a large audience and engagement in all our social media platforms and streaming channels.

Instagram: grows from 42 to 342 followers(In
1 month)

Twitter: grows from 36 to 106 followers(In 1 Month)

Telegram: grows from 85 to 120 group members(In 1 month)

Facebook: grows 14 followers to 100(In 1 Month)

YouTube: grows from 4 subscribers to 150 subscribers(In 1 Month)

• Having guests that have influencing power in Digital art and NFTs
  • Having our YouTube channel place on a very high internet traffic where mostly be reached by web3 digital artists and digital fashion Enthusiast.
  • Having minimum of 1k views per month.
  • Attracting new users and creating a minimum of 10 new wallets
    Project Team members
    @styleherbalist - Podcast Host
    @Pallo - podcast series Co-ordinator
    @beatrice - social media manager (Twitter, discord, telegram, Facebook and Instagram)
    @HONCHO - YouTube and streaming channels manager
    @jenniferjustice - logistics manager

Target Wallet : styleherbalist.near

Funding scheme : 2 series in a Month

Project Time : January 2023

Targeted Wallet: Styleherbalist.near

Our linktree

Tagging @marketingdao-council for visibility

4 Likes

Hi.
Is your offer not related to the creative section? I don’t quite understand the usefulness of this project for the ecosystem. Could you describe what your project will give for Near?
Thx :blush:

2 Likes

I have already done that above, where I described the project and what it tend to offer to Near and it Ecosystem

Specify the expected metric for the period requested by the grant. Are you not planning to attract new participants to create Near wallets?
Thx :relaxed:

1 Like

I have specify that… Thanks :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Styleherbalist

We’re not able to support projects with generalized budgets for unclear tasks. Proposals that receive funds outline the deliverables including:

• Number of posts
  • Media types
  • Frequency (posts per month / week)

The new KPIs for future funding require projects to show to how they will do some of the following (examples):

• Bring more builders (of projects to Near)
  • Help bring more transactions, TVL, and volume to specific Near projects
  • Creation of more wallets

While this project is definitely interesting, it’s just not clear how it will bring traction to the ecosystem. It’s a no from me.

3 Likes

Hello, i think you should reconsider because majorly of what you said are definitely going to be done during the podcast. Listeners/viewers are going to be advised to create wallets and we’re going to show them how to do that too. And definitely they’re going to be builders joining too.

We’ll really appreciate if you can go through it and reconsider.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello! Could you please fill out the form

Marketing DAO Proposal Application ?

1 Like

I will do that right away… Thanks

@Styleherbalist like the proposal but as Klint said, it’ll help to have more clear KPIs.

It would help to either

a) mention how many times, where, and how you will encourage listeners to enter NEAR’s ecosystem

b) mention what your podcast segments look like

e.g. intro, ad, guest, ad, conclusion and durations

Also love to offer support in terms of content, expanding the podcast on short-form platforms, and anything else you might need help with.

And didn’t see costs for editing or software subscription but internet cost was there. What tools will you use to record, edit, and publish? Who’s covering a cost - another grant from a different dao?

2 Likes

Thank you @pooriaarab on your contributions on our proposal…

In terms of how many times the podcast will be happen. Initially the podcast was made to be a weekly podcast series, but due to a fresh project, me and my team have decided to make it 2 series per month… But has we progress with positive feedback, we can make it weekly podcast series.

As for where the podcast will hold. Due to we will be producing this project on a tight and low budget at this early stage, we will be setting up our production studio on our home…

As how we intend to encourage listeners to enter NEAR’s ecosystem. We will major our discussions on the benefits of web3 Ecosystem over web2 in this digital art revolution, what makes Near Protocol and it Ecosystem standout from other blockchain and benefits that await digital artists and Digital Fashion designers on Near Ecosystem.

The podcast segment starts with introduction( introducing the podcast, the host and the guest)

Having a backdrop with Near logo and signage as ads.

Podcast guest will always be someone who is rooted in web3 and Near Ecosystem.

The podcast will last at most 1 hour and conclusions will have the summaries of what have be discussed all through the podcast segment.

We really appreciate your support to help make this project a success… Please I will love to know your telegram username so that I can always reach out to you for mentorship… And e don’t mind executing this project under your supervision…

Thank you for the observations… I will include it now… It was oversighted…

As for the tools we will use to record, edit and publish. At this stage, we will be using a lapel mic, connected to a sound recorder and camera…

This tools will be provided by one of us who also run a podcast, all to support this project to kick start.

1 Like

The application form has been filled and submitted.

2 Likes

@Styleherbalist sent a dm

1 Like

Tagging @Dacha @so608 @satojandro @cryptocredit for visibility

Hi @Styleherbalist i have reviewed your proposal and the comments from council.

I dont see the concrete benefits that this will bring to help achieve Near ecosystem goals and therefore am unable to support your proposal in its current form.

Wow… This project in it form and goals has a lot value to Near Ecosystem, and is quite unfortunate that you can’t see that…

All we just need is the support of the moderators to make it come to existence and for the Ecosystem to witness the value it brings…

1 Like

Hi @Styleherbalist thanks for the proposal. I’ve had time to review what you’re proposing, as well as your past work and efforts in the ecosystem. I’ll say upfront that I cannot support this proposal. I can see in previous comments that you are frustrated with the response from the council, and I want to try to explain my reasoning.

Here are my thoughts:

• You’re obviously very knowledgeable about fashion design, and I don’t doubt that your work to educate designers (Oct workshop) is valuable to the designers who took part in that event and those who are a part of your DAO.
  • That said, we are allocating funds to projects that give us confidence that they can bring a significant impact and growth to the NEAR ecosystem, and your project and audience size is very early stage. When you break down the cost for the project vs. the number of new people who could potentially join the NEAR ecosystem, the cost-benefit comes out more in favor of your project vs. the NEAR community. When I am evaluating proposals under our new funding structure and in current market conditions, a question I am always asking when I review is: “If funded, who is deriving the MOST benefit from this project?” If the answer is NEAR or the proposer and NEAR are equally benefitting, then I am more inclined to support the project. In this case, however, give the early stage and small audience, funding in my view would more clearly benefit the proposing team. It would help grow your audience, your creative reach, your authority, etc. more than it will do the same for NEAR.
  • I also don’t see the level of detail I would want around episodes, subjects, topics etc. outlined in the proposal.
  • In reviewing past content published on YouTube, there are audio quality issues – I can’t hear the first speaker that comes onto the video clearly. There’s also not a narrative or clear explanation of what the content is, how it is related to NEAR and why the design platform shown in the video has to do with NEAR as a protocol. I’m not saying you have done anything wrong exactly, but the level of quality that I am looking for in order to support funding is not there for me.

I encourage you to keep growing the DAO, building an audience and keep an eye out for bounties we are planning to issue this year. They may be an opportunity to demonstrate your content creation and secure funding in the future.

1 Like