[Closed] NEAR BOOK CLUB GUILD MARKETING FUNDING REQUEST

NEAR BOOK CLUB GUILD MARKETING FUNDING REQUEST

Following our inaugural event (Report ), we will like to consolidate on our success by building out a full-fledged community, hosting targeted activities, bounties, etc.

Main Activity 1.

“Get In Character” Bounty

SUMMARY

A book reading marketing initiative with the two-pronged aim of generating content for social media marketing and awareness for Near and Near Book Club, and
fostering community engagement, participation and activity.

MODALITIES

A book or material or article is selected and announced on the Forum, and all our Social Media handles and accounts. The tasks are simple:

• Open a Near Wallet (wallet.near.org)

• Open an account with Near Governance Forum (gov.near.org)

• Read the book (title to be disclosed later)

• Make a 1 minute video of yourself stating the book title and the author, summarize your favourite points in the book or material.

• Attend a Metaverse Meetup for AMA on Near Protocol, premiering the entries, further discussing the book and announcing the winners.

GOALS

1. Creating awareness for Near Protocol, its ecosystem and the possibilities available

2. Build out an active community of readers who are enthusiastic about books, sharing knowledge and discussing innovations.

OBJECTIVES

1. Generate material for social media marketing and awareness through the submission of entries.

2. Onboard every participant

3. Create a vibrant Telegram and Discord community.

METRICS

1. Secure at least 15 video entries

2. At least 15 attendees of Metaverse Meetup

3. Opening a store on Mintbase

4. Minting at least 3 NFTs

5. Onboarding at least 5 new members

6. Getting at least 500 views across our Social Media platforms.

7. Getting at least 50 followers across our Social Media platforms.

BUDGET

Graphics, Animations for awareness - $100

Logistics (Airdrop for opening of wallet, cost of internet) $50

Prizes $320 (1st $100. 2nd $70. 3rd $50. First best 5 submissions $10 each, video with most engagement $50)

Creating a store on mintbase 6.5N

Total - $510

Main Activity 2.

Near Book Club Metaverse Meetup:

SUMMARY

Near Book Club members and book lovers everywhere will gather in the Metaverse to discuss a preselected Blockchain themed book, sharing insights and ideas. This month, the Metaverse Meetup will also serve as the the hub for premiering the entries for the “Stay In Character” bounty and many more Near-centric discussions (AMA and workshop for new “Nearcomers”.

GOALS

• Educate noobs,

• Create footfall and participation in the Metaverse

• Create a virtual hub for Web 3, literary, academic book discussions

OBJECTIVES

1. Organise an AMA with no less than 15 people in attendance

2. Mint recorded discussion for archiving, development, etc.

BUDGET

Graphics and animation for Awareness - $100

Moderation Fee - $100

Total - $200

Social Media

We are kicking off all our Social Media Platforms this month.

MILESTONES

• To raise membership and followership across our Socials to at least 600.

• To make posts daily.

Budget:
Content creation: $200

Renumeration
$300

TOTAL BUDGET

$1210

Wallet ID
nearbookclubguild.near

2 Likes

Hey @FabDab,

Thanks for including the report. The format is a bit tricky to review.

The latest concept as I understand it is to create a wallet, read a book, and then encourage people to record videos of their thoughts on the book.

Then the proposal jumps to having a meetup in “the metaverse” for an AMA.

This concept is a lovely thought and I genuinely support reading and education.

But I’m just struggling to get a clear indication of how this will result in more Near Wallets, engagement in this ecosystem, and overall growth of the brand at scale.

It’s a no from me.

1 Like

Hi @Klint

You said:

Also you:

Obviously, even according to you, more wallets will inherently be created as a direct result of the project.

You actually provided a good summary of the proposal, albeit leaving important features behind. Hence the difficulty in understanding.

As you correctly said, the bounty involves reading a book (to be announced later). This bounty will be widely publicised to ensure a wide coverage of participants, most of whom will assuredly be strangers to Near. Participants will necessarily have to open a Near wallet to be eligible for submission and consideration.

At least 15 videos will be submitted and posted on our Socials with dedicated hashtags #NearProtocol
#NearBookClub
#Read_A_Book_Today

This will generate some footfall and traction.

The Metaverse Meetup is specifically designed to, not only engage Near’s Metaverse infrastructure, but as a follow-up event to educate newcomers; announce the winners of the bounty; create engagement amongst existing book club members; and serve as an avenue for further discussions on the selected book.

P.S.:

It may be a better approach on your part to ask for clarification when concepts are unclear than outrightly reject them without dialogue or effort to understand.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks for your proposal.

I love books and connecting with other readers. However I do have to note that running a book club can be done in very inexpensive ways (basically free) and that the impact it seeks to create is not a high priority for the Marketing DAO at the moment.

We have a global community of contributors doing work daily to grow the ecosystem. Not every initiative requires an initial or ongoing budget, although we do encourage applicants to reach out to M DAO when the impact they have is significant.

For an idea of ALL the things happening on the NEAR ecosystem on a daily basis that we are seeking to amplify subscribe to the NEARWEEK newsletter.

1 Like

Hello :+1:

As far as I know, there are 5 marketing council members.

Am I to understand that this proposal was closed based only on the verdict of @Klint and @satojandro?

Does @Klint have the authority to arbitrarily close proposals without the input of others?

@cryptocredit @Dacha @so608

Please do not diminish my authority by suggesting that Klint alone decided to close this proposal.

Council members talk, this proposal has also been flagged and rejected by other council members in our internal spreadsheet. Thanks for flagging that they also have to drop by and reject it here publicly.

For the sake of efficiency, the proposal remains closed for now. Thanks