[CLOSED] Marketing OctopodeDAO November / December 2022

Project Name: OctopodeDAO

Funding Scheme: Monthly

Initiative Summary: OctopodeDAO is a cultural production company specialized in Innovation, Education, Art, Technology, Collectivity, Research, Communication and Social that are the tentacles of DAO. To learn more about our goals, follow the link with our updated introduction.

Through the help we received from marketing it was possible to create important initiatives, such as the creation and development of the dao website, keep social networks being managed.

Our communication channels:

https://twitter.com/OctopodeDAO

https://www.instagram.com/octopodedao/

https://octopodedao.com/

Telegram:

OctopodeDAO store on Mintbase (4,703 NFTs):

Marketing and communication tasks/funding details for November/December:

CONTENT CATEGORY

WRITING

NFT / NEAR BLOCKCHAIN / AURORA AND ENDEMIC / UNIQART / ARTWORK - 200USD

In the last two months research and studies on UniqArt Near | Endemic / Aurora were carried out with the aim of creating new actions for our followers and lead them to know other marketplaces | Art and Technology, production of artworks with VR | NFT and the world of Art.

All this content will be published on our website and promoted in our social media.

The amount requested is for 4 articles.

Articles: reach 2k views

TOTAL CATEGORY CONTENT - 200USD

SOCIAL MEDIA CATEGORY

PROMOTION / DISTRIBUTION

TWITTER - 200USD

Increase engagement on social media by producing content with links that will lead to the NEAR ecosystem. Create two to five posts and retweets per week to increase our visibility to art and technology enthusiasts and attract new audiences to our activities. Our Twitter feed has the reach for 2,000 people.

INSTAGRAM - 200USD

Increase engagement on social media by producing content with links that will lead to the NEAR ecosystem. 4 posts per week (includes design, copywriting + posting and MANAGEMENT), 5 to 10 stories and connect with related pages and refine the target audience, research and publicize the initiatives our community partners are promoting. Our Instagram has the reach for 1,288 accounts and 7,355 impressions.

• PLUS CREATION OF EXCLUSIVE END OF YEAR OCTOPODE INSTAGRAM FILTER (BOUNTY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE FILTER)

note: for the last two months we are studying about Instagram filter and we believe it is a tool for spreading the word about the Near ecosystem reaching diverse audiences.

Here is the link to our current DAO filter

Last 28 days: 859 impressions 9.8 thousand opens 12 shares.

Filter with artwork for Near:

COMMUNITY CHANNELS

DISCORD - 100USD

Maintenance and monitoring of the channel with frequent updates of the news generated by the community. Maintenance of the welcome bot and sharing of site information will be on Discord to inform the community.

TELEGRAM - 100USD

Monitoring of messages and questions from the community helping members in Near’s ecosystem. Update with information and news from the OctopodeDAO and Near community. Invite new participants in order to increase the community and the dissemination of the whole ecosystem.

Note: we remove the SITE category and insert the CATEGORY COMMUNITY CHANNELS - DISCORD AND TELEGRAM where we will distribute the content generated on the SITE and Maintenance and monitoring of the channel with frequent updates of news generated by the community + Maintenance of the welcome bot and sharing of site information will be on Discord to inform the community + Monitoring of messages and questions from the community helping members in the Near ecosystem. Updating with information and news from the OctopodeDAO and Near community. Inviting new participants with the goal of increasing the community and the dissemination of the whole ecosystem.

TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA CATEGORY - 600USD

BOUNTIES CATEGORY

COMMUNITY PROMOTION

Social Media

50 USD of the requested amount will be distributed in a bounty of sharing content from our social networks (release as soon as the fund request is approved).

TOTAL CATEGORY BOUNTIES - 50USD

TOTAL amount requested: 850 USD

NEAR Wallet ID/ DAO: octopode-dao.sputnik-dao.near

Previous marketing report:

Thank you for your attention.

Following the DAO Marketing guidelines:

4 Likes

Very nice to see the return of the possibility of Marketing-DAO requests. Congratulations to the team for all the work that is being developed. We are looking forward to this new moment and hoping to continue with our work to add value in the dissemination of the NEAR ecosystem :star_struck:

2 Likes

let’s go OCTÓPODE :rocket: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Hello, @Natashacremonese could you please split the total budget for each category?

For example

Content → Writing → guide > $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics
Social media → Twitter → $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics/
Etc.

And exclude not supported categories.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Yez thank you. One moment please

3 Likes

Hello @Dacha , how are you?

Ready, edits completed according to the new Marketing guidelines.

Thank you very much for your attention. :heart:

4 Likes

Hi @Natashacremonese thanks for your proposal and your understanding during the pause in funding.

The DAO is now actively working to clear the backlog of proposals.

I see that you have adjusted your proposal, but before i can support it would be useful if you could complete this form .

To assist you please take a look at the new Marketing DAO proposal funding guidelines .

2 Likes

thank you soo much, yes sr, im go completed form

2 Likes

Thank you very much sir, I have filled out the form. We are still working with hope, we invite you to visit our physical space in the Innovation and Technology Park, who knows, maybe we will be the next big, beautiful and self-sustainable DAO :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Natashacremonese
These projects are so much fun and really interesting when it comes to creative artists engaging with NFTs. The challenge of the new KPIs is that the nature of the projects need to draw in new talent, builders, and projects into the Near ecosystem.

While this project is definitely a passionate one, the reality is that it’s been funded by both the Creative DAO and Marketing DAO since April. The overall success of the project as it pertains to the new KPIs leaves me struggling to find a way to continue to fund this project. I cannot support OctopodeDAO at this time.

3 Likes

@Klint Our goal is not to be fun. We are building something professional and getting attention from public agencies by taking NEAR’s name forward.
Yes, our goal is to attract new talent, builders, and projects to the NEAR ecosystem.
For this to happen we need NFTs, events, and actions that generate engagement from the artist community and make the sale happen.
I still don’t understand why the effort to demotivate, a shame not to count on your support and we wait for a position from the other members to know how we will move forward.

1 Like

Hi @Natashacremonese i have reviewed your proposal and read your comments.

However i am unable to support your request at this time. In the current market conditions we have had to make some hard choices on which projects to allocate funding. Please feel free to resubmit in the future.

1 Like

Hi @Natashacremonese – thank you for your proposal and submissions.

I’ll be straightforward at the top of this reply that I cannot support this proposal at this time. That said, I want to give you my reasoning and a few things to note about the future and possible avenues for funding going forward.

• This project has so many great, socially positive elements that I respect. But we are now working within new guidelines and parameters that we must meet as part of our relaunch and goal to align with NEAR Foundation KPIs.
  • While you have brought in new members to the ecosystem, I do not see enough traction or growth since the beginning of funding to continue viewing this as an experiment. The growth is organic and ongoing, but it’s not rapid, and we have already allocated a lot of funding.
  • We have to make some really tough choices with which projects to fund right now. We have a significantly reduced monthly target amount. In the interest of aligning with the KPIs we are trying to meet and the fact that your project has already received significant funding, I think this is a good time to pause and reassess.

A few additional things to note for the future:

• There are other avenues for funding events – we are no longer able to allocate funding to them at this time. Perhaps requesting funding for your future events is a possible way forward? If so, you can DM me or email marketingdao@proton.me.
  • This could be a candidate for Creatives and their initiatives.
  • We are working to issue bounties around specific campaigns and initiatives, which will open up new avenues for funding next year.

I know you are dedicated and a sincere contributor to the ecosystem, and I know there has been a lot of shifting and changing along the path over the last six months. I encourage you to keep building and pushing forward.

2 Likes