[Closed] Looking for Workshop Hosts for the Theme: Symbols of She

Symbols of She; a Journey through Feminine Symbolism

Theme

The focus of these workshops will be “Symbols of She; a Journey through Feminine Symbolism.” We are seeking three facilitators who can create engaging environments where participants can explore the symbolism of femininity across cultures, eras, and personal experiences.

Objective

We aim to create a foundational space for the exploration and understanding of feminine symbolism. The workshops will serve as a platform for further engagement and creativity, inspiring participants to create art pieces for our up and coming art contest of the same theme.

Facilitator Requirements

• Submit a detailed agenda outlining the structure of the workshop here on the forum.

• Prepare a structured online presentation that participants can easily follow.

• Record the workshop for archival purposes.

Eligibility

Open to all women and those who identify as women.

Fees

Facilitator fees are set at $250

Activities & Timelines

• Submission Deadline: October 14th

• Facilitator Selection Announcement: October 16th

• Tentative Workshop Dates: October 30th, 31st, November 1st

Participant Information

• Maximum of 10 participants per workshop, with a waiting list.

• Each participant can only attend one workshop.

• Facilitators may provide additional resource materials as they deem necessary.

Impact

We believe these workshops will act as a catalyst or ‘springboard,’ encouraging women to further delve into their artistic capabilities. The knowledge and insight gained during the workshops will empower participants to refine and deepen their understanding, which they can then apply in creating their art pieces for the contest.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS WE CHOSE FOR OUR WORKSHOP HOSTS

The Ina DAO council met this morning to choose the winners for the workshop host.
We have selected @LUVRworldwide and @ssplash_near to host the workshops. Although we were hoping to have 3 workshops the other 2 proposals did not fit our mandates but we hope you will not be discouraged to try again. Because there are only 2 workshop hosts we will be splitting the total payout in 2 so each host will be paid $375 each. @GeminiRising will be contacting the winners to discuss logistics.
Thank you everyone who participated! :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

19 Likes

we all welcoming all of female artist guys! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hi

I would like to propose BIPOC women and non-binary folks self-representation in digital media/AI/XR With special emphasis on #afrofuturism and #latinxfuturism

How long do the workshops last? How many sessions are there? :brown_heart: :facepunch:t5: :black_heart:

1 Like

Wonderful initiative as always!
I created this event page on eventbrite for submission purposes only. Details and dates can be changed & adjusted accordingly if my workshop is accepted. Thanks so much for this opportunity!

It is a Mandala-making project loosely based upon the herstoric feminine wisdom of the 5 Dakinis.
:raised_hands:t4:

Alissa Christine
:heartpulse:

I am unable to upload a pdf or post a link… so here is the reference of a link:

eventbrite(dot)com/e/symbols-of-she-mandala-project-tickets-729346965407

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Alissa :blue_heart:

Here is my proposal, I hope you like it :heart_eyes:

Facilitator proposal for “Symbols of She: A Journey through Feminine Symbolism.”

Workshop Facilitator: Paloma Etienne.

Duration: 3 hours.

Target Audience: Open to all women and those who identify as women.

Workshop Goals:

• To create a foundational space for the exploration and understanding of feminine identity symbolism in digital media/AI/XR coming from a personal (multiple) identity place in the artist’s approach.

• To provide a platform for further engagement and creativity, inspiring participants to create digital media/AI/XR projects about the chore theme (Feminine Symbolism), illustrating the workshop with examples of artists and works that explore BIPOC women and LGTBIQ+. Women’s self-representation

• To build a community of women who are interested in using digital media/AI/XR to express their creativity and share/explore their stories drawing from their identity experiences.

Workshop Activities:

Introduction:

• Welcome participants and introduce myself.
  • Review the workshop agenda and goals.
  • Provide a brief overview of feminine symbolism in digital media/AI/XR, with a focus on identity representation.
    *Discuss with participants the concept of “feminine symbolism”. What does this concept mean to them?

Activity 1: Digital Media/AI/XR Inspiration:

• Share examples of digital media/AI/XR projects created by BIPOC women. I’m bullish on afrofuturism, latinxfuturism and LGBTIQ+ (queer) work, which is the one I’ve researched the most, and I do my work around.

• Lead a discussion on the ways in which these projects explore feminine symbolism and self-representation and empowerment by thinking of shared experiences with the artist’s community. Think collectively about how these shared knowledge and emotions can be personal/political.

Activity 2: Digital Media/AI/XR Skills:

• Introduce participants to basic digital media/AI/XR tools and techniques.
  • Provide participants with the opportunity to practice their skills by creating short digital media/AI/XR projects.

Activity 3: Digital Media/AI/XR Project Development:

• Help participants to develop their own digital media/AI/XR project ideas and explore their roots and the communities they belong to in order to make work around the symbolism of the feminine.

• Provide guidance on how to draw from sexual/racial/tribal/country identities to source their artistic work and express themselves.

Wrap-Up:

• Share the workshop highlights and takeaways.

• Answer questions from participants.

• Encourage participants to continue exploring feminine symbolism and self-representation in their digital media/AI/XR work.

Platform:

I can use just about any platform. I like Streamyard because I can use OBS, but I’m flexible.

Requirements: No special requirements asked from participants.

Paloma Etienne’s bio:

Paloma is a versatile artist and tech advocate, uniting technology, art, and social justice activism. She lives in Spain and is of Spanish and Haitian heritage, and is devoted to her visibility as a queer BIPOC artist. With a background in film and fine arts, she champions Web3, AI, and blockchain to empower diverse communities. As the founder of DAO ASHÉ, she fosters innovation, curates experiences, and builds alliances for artists and activists. Paloma’s work delves into her biracial identity, sexual dissidence, mental health, and caregiving, crafting compelling narratives through film, AI and 3D art.

She is bullish on NEAR as she feels it meets Web3 decentralised commitment, and fosters artists participation. She has been a committed participant of INA Dao for the last few months, being awarded 2nd Prize on the Sisters of the Earth competition, and her work will be showcased by INA Dao in ETH Milan. She’s currently following Marma J’s NRC workshop to learn more about BOS and NEAR. Paloma would like to contribute to the community developing projects that encompass AI/3D and XR.

Paloma belongs to a BIPOC artist’s community in Madrid called Intersticios, with Conciencia Afro and La Parcería : https://www.instagram.com/intersticios.proyecto

Paloma’s Social Media:

NEAR account: palomaetienne.near
Web: paloma_etienne | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook | Linktree
Ashé: Memories of Love (short) https://bit.ly/AshePaloma
DAO Ashés Virtual Gallery in Spatial: EXPO ART ASHÉ 2023 | G LINKS | Spatial
X: https://x.com/ssplashh
Instagram: https://instagram.com/paloma_etienne
LinkedIn: Paloma Etienne - Artista visual - DAO Ashé | LinkedIn
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/palomaetienne y http://www.youtube.com/losangelesdecarla
TikTok: Paloma Etienne (@paloma_etienne) | TikTok
English Urban poetry blog: openwiththis.tumblr.com

6 Likes

Hi there, the workshops this time around are focusing on Feminine symbolism. The workshops should last at least 3 hours, but if you need more time that is fine as well. We are looking for 3 hosts, so there will be 3 different online workshops around this theme. So 3 workshop hosts, that provide 1 workshop each, lasting 3 hours or more.
If you are interested please provide your proposal here, describing in detail what you would do hosting a workshop with this theme, what platform you will host it on, how long it will be and if participants need specific materials. These are online workshops only, so people from all over the world can participate.

2 Likes

Thanks Alissa, we will definitely take a look!

Sorry, I wrote the answer to your question and then saw that you submitted your proposal. Thank you! We will look at it shortly. We will be posting the results October 16th.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I need to touch it up with more details then. I have just resubmitted with extra details. Such a beautiful project :blue_heart: Looking forward to participate one way or another.

@Nikita.15 i think you should try it my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
All the best :fire:.

1 Like

Nice idea I’ll give it a try

Great and interesting idea I’ll give a attempt :sparkles:

Workshop Title: Symbols of She; a Journey through Feminine Symbolism

Workshop facilitator : Nikita kumari

Workshop Duration: 3 hours (with short breaks)

Platform and Tools:

Video conferencing platform (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet).
Presentation software for slides (e.g., PowerPoint, Google Slides).
Online collaboration tools for discussions (e.g., chat, virtual hand raising).
Workshop Outline:

1. Introduction

Welcome participants and explain the workshop format.
Share a brief overview of the workshop’s goals and agenda.

2. Understanding Feminine Symbolism

Provide a concise introduction to the concept of feminine symbolism.
Highlight the significance of symbolism in photography.
Share a few key symbols from your series.

3. Symbol Exploration

Briefly discuss three or four symbols from your series and their meanings.
Encourage participants to share their interpretations and thoughts in the chat or by raising their virtual hand.

4. Symbolic Photography Exercise

Assign participants to choose a symbol or archetype from a list you provide.
Instruct them to take and upload one or two photos representing their chosen symbol.
and discuss about them.

5. Group Review and Discussion

Facilitate a discussion on the symbolism conveyed in the photos, allowing participants to comment on each other’s work.

6. Wrap-up

Invite participants to briefly share their thoughts on symbol of she
Summarize the main takeaways from the workshop.

Bio :

Nikita Free Horse
I participated in contest in royal rumble, smash cart, poker and stumble guys.

Professional Experience
Proven experience as a Trail Phase Engager for FDAO(freelancer dao) , active participation in Discord channels, and achievements in Near India Rakhi competition and Near Korea DAO monthly tweet engagement.
Also i am a verified voter in NDC election.
Enthusiastic and dedicated individual with a passion for front end developer .Proven

Summary
I play an active role in my university’s media club, where I manage all media-related information for the institution. Currently, I’m a part of the Bhavana club, where I mentor students for placements and organize seminars to share knowledge and insights.
X :- https://x.com/NikitaKumariSh2?t=k5nW6aD9i5Co05uMfRuFAg&s=09

Telegram :- @Lucy2845

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your post :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, Alissa :blue_heart:

This will be a good and interactive session :eyes:

Hi Nikita,
Could you also provide a bio or link to bio? Thanks

1 Like

I will also try to participate

Bio :

Nikita Free Horse
I participated in contest in royal rumble, smash cart, poker and stumble guys.

Professional Experience
Proven experience as a Trail Phase Engager for FDAO(freelancer dao) , active participation in Discord channels, and achievements in Near India Rakhi competition and Near Korea DAO monthly tweet engagement.
Also i am a verified voter in NDC election.
Enthusiastic and dedicated individual with a passion for front end developer .Proven

Summary
I play an active role in my university’s media club, where I manage all media-related information for the institution. Currently, I’m a part of the Bhavana club, where I mentor students for placements and organize seminars to share knowledge and insights.
X :- https://x.com/NikitaKumariSh2?t=k5nW6aD9i5Co05uMfRuFAg&s=09

Telegram :- @Lucy2845

4 Likes

Facilitator proposal for “Symbols of She: A Journey through Feminine Symbolism.”

Workshop Facilitator: Vishali

Duration: 3 Hours.

Target Audience: Open to all women and those who identify as women.

Workshop Goals:

1. Creating a Foundational Space:
    One of my goal is to create a foundational space for the women to explore and build knowledge for female symbolism in technical world.

2. Artistic Expression of Feminine Symbols:
    Guide participants in using artistic mediums, including digital art and multimedia, to express their interpretation of what is the feminine symbol.
    Helping them create artwork that communicates a personal and collective message related to femininity and that artwork can also be used in contest.

3. Promoting Female Role Models in Tech:
    Showcasing the achievements and stories of women who have excelled in tech, inspiring participants to view them as symbols of potential.

4. Building a Community:
    My other goal is to build a community of women who are interested in Showcasing their artistic skills with the help of tech and to represent the Symbol of feminism.

Workshop Activities:

1. Introduction:

1.1 Welcoming of participants and facilitator Introduction.
1.2 Checking and discussion on the agenda and the goal of our workshop.
1.3 Getting deep into the concept of Cyberfeminism and discussing the same with the participants to get their views on the topic.

1. Cyberfeminism:
    Historical Overview: Firstly I’ll start by providing historical context for cyberfeminism, tracing its root and milestones.
    Feminist Activism Online: Displaying some real-world examples of feminist activism in digital spaces.
    Intersectional Storytelling: Encouraging participants to share personal stories and experiences related to technology and feminism.
    Ethical Technology Use: Discussing the ethical use of tech and how participants can ensure their tech practices align with feminist values. Explore issues related to privacy, consent, and security.

2. AI and Gender:
    Feminine Voices in Virtual Assistants and Symbolism: Dive into the use of feminine voices for virtual assistants and consider the symbolism behind this choice. Discuss how this relates to the idea of femininity in tech
    AI and Feminine Symbolism in Healthcare and Education:Examining the use of Ai in healthcare and education with an emphasis on how it impacts and symbolizes aspects of femininity.

3. Digital Art and Feminine Symbolism:
    Intro: Starting with an Introduction to the realm of digital art and how it can be powerful medium for exploring and expressing feminine symbolism.
    Case Studies and Showcasing Arts: Showcasing the work of artists who have successfully incorporated feminine symbolism into their digital creations . One of the work example is :-
    Jenny Holzer: Jenny Holzer is known for her use of LED signs and projection tech to display provocative text-based art. Holzer’s work frequently addresses issues of power, identity, and gender.

Tools and Platform:

1. Tools that can be used for 2D and 3D Digital Art:
    1.1 Autodesk Sketchbook
    1.2 Canva
    1.3 Blender

2. Storytelling Through Digital Media: Discuss the power of storytelling in digital art and how it amplify messages related to feminine symbolism. Consider the use of animation, video, and multimedia art.

3. Empowerment through Tech Education: Showcase the importance of educating and empowering women and girls in technology fields. Discuss initiatives and programs aimed at closing the gender gap in tech.

Wrap-Up:
Answer questions from participants.
Encouraging participants to empower the feminine symbolism in tech and exploring more about Cyberfeminism.

Platform:
Platforms like zoom and Google meet would be my preference.

Vishali’s bio:

“Hi, I’m Vishali, a tech enthusiast and a passionate learner. Currently, I’m diving into the world of React.js and studying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. I take joy in creating innovative tech solutions and recently crafted a component on the Near platform. My journey includes a trial phase engagement with FDAO where I leveled up my skills, and I’m proud to say that I’ve now reached the novice level. I’m an active member in the Near forum, always seeking new opportunities to grow and contribute to the tech community.
Additionally, I’m deeply interested in Web3 and blockchain technology and am excited about the possibility of building decentralized applications (DApps) in the near future. The world of blockchain holds immense promise, and I’m eager to explore its potential and create meaningful contributions in this space.”

Vishali’s digital social sphere:

Near account: vishali.near
X: https://twitter.com/Vishali90

1 Like