Gamifying quests in the wallet through on-chain interactions with ecosystem players
We aim to bring forth an innovative system of on-chain quests. This system is designed not only to enhance user engagement across the ecosystem but also to cement their loyalty through an array of rewarding experiences.
We began with the Tinker Union NFT as an OG collection and one of the few remaining active NFT collections on NEAR. Then, we made Eneleap, a tool that helps launch new NFTs like the Tonic Goblins collection. Today, Meteor Wallet is used by over 40,000 people with more features than alternative wallets. We also look after the official MyNEARWallet.
- Develop a system that allows projects to set up on-chain quests, motivating users to engage more.
- Use gamification to boost user retention in various ecosystem projects.
- We want to be the easiest way for users to get into Web3 on NEAR. By fostering cross-dapp interactions, we activate users within the ecosystem, making their journey enjoyable, educational, and rewarding.
Here are some features of Meteor Wallet that make it easier to navigate the NEAR ecosystem:
- DEX aggregator for the lowest swap fees
- Standard & liquid staking within the wallet
- Easy-to-read transaction history.
- Only wallet on NEAR that allows you to rotate your private keys
- Social DB Integration (sync pfp, bio and twitter to BOS)
- A section to see and explore NEAR ecosystem projects.
- Available on web and browser extension
- Android and IOS mobile apps
- Meta Transactions and Single sign-on
- Smart Contract Accounts (enabling 2FA, social recovery etc)
- In Wallet BOS Integration / Gateway
- Build Quests for integration in Meteor Wallet to provide incentives and rewards for users
- Work with projects to integrate on-chain quests into Meteor Wallet
- Provide rewards for initial quests for the launch of the quest ecosystem
- Stake Near
- Swap on Ref.finance.
- Borrow Assets on Burrow
- Follow accounts or post on near.social
- Mint/list/purchase a NFT on Mintbase/Paras.
- Claim 10 sharddog links.
Dev Centric Examples
- Deploy your first components
- Deploy a component that utilizes NEAR APIs JS + External API Call
- Deploy your first smart contract
- Deploy a component daily
- Deploy your first subaccount
As an original developer community, we believe in bolstering not only developers but also projects so they can achieve product market fit. This is why we are leveraging both project and developer-based quests. Our metrics are around project retention, builder consistency, and user engagement.
Number of projects and quests created
Number of quests completed
Active users who regularly do quests
Number of developer-centric quests
- User Engagement Challenges: Projects within the ecosystem are grappling with effective user engagement strategies.
- Limitations of Current Platforms: Existing quest platforms aren’t native to NEAR and often require cumbersome manual reviews.
- Wallet’s Pivotal Role: The wallet serves as a primary touchpoint for newcomers in the ecosystem. Consistent with our mission, we aim to provide seamless onboarding into web3.
- OnChain quests section in Meteor Web, Extension, and Apple and Android Wallet
- Rewards section to verify and claim rewards
The following are features not covered in this scope but ideas post hitting our milestones that would be great.
- Streamline the way to create self-service quests for on-chain actions
- Marketing portal for keeping track of conversion of users
- Live event activations and coordination with Regional Hubs
- BOS components
At each milestone, we will be giving updates via NEAR Social and also on the governance forum outlining the success of the quest program. We are expecting the payment upon payment to initiate the development and put rewards on the associated smart contract.
The Marketing DAO grant will be allocated as follows:
- Development and Enhancement: A significant portion will be directed towards the development of quests, from an Indexer framework, front end, and design.
- Partnerships and Marketing: Onboarding NEAR ecosystem partners and communities to create quests
- Quest Incentivizes bootstrap initial incentives, pools, and matched amounts for projects.
Milestone 1: Design and Development (4 weeks)
- Design of Quests & Rewards Section in Wallet Features
- Development of Indexer framework to verify on-chain Quests
- Integration into Web Wallet, Extensions and Meteor Wallet v2 in Mobile and Web
Milestone 2: Testing & Partnerships (2 weeks)
- Partner with 3 initial quest partners in the ecosystem
- Design developer quests and team up with projects like DevHub, Build DAO and Jutsu.ai for developer engagement
Milestone 3: Product Launch (2 weeks)
- Launching initial quests with incentives
|Line Item||Description||Estimated # of Hours||Traditional Hourly Wage (based on Levels.fyi)||Estimated Total Cost Per Line Item|
|Graphic + Product Designer Designer||Create graphics/illustrations in the application, social media announcements. Design quest features on the wallet.||`10 hours||$50 an hour||$500|
|Product Manager / Solutions Architect||Project management, proposal writing, daily scrums with the team. Holding engineer’s accounts. Developing specifications for products.||5 hours||$70 an hour||$350|
|Community Manager / Partnerships||To advertise and team up with projects to create on-chain quest campaigns.||15 hours||$40 an hour||$600|
|1 Front End Developers||Develop wallet integration of quests.||80 hours||$50 an hour||$4,000|
|DevOps / Backend Engineer||Developing Indexer to Keep Track of Solution. Smart contract for quests.||40 hours||$70 an hour||$2,800|
|Quests Incentives||Subsadized quests incentives for onboarding projects in the eocystem||$2,500|
- We’d like to emphasize that we aren’t seeking full coverage of development costs from the Marketing DAO; we’re offering our services at a reduced rate.
- Additionally, these proposed features align seamlessly with our broader product strategy. Independent of this grant, we are committed to further developing and enhancing these functionalities.
Payout Wallet: meteorgrowth.near
Telegram handle: web3hedge
Thank you, MarketingDAO, for considering our proposal. We’re enthusiastic about the positive changes we can drive together and eagerly anticipate the next steps.