[Closed] December - January 2022 Social Media Marketing Budget for Wizards' Guild

What does this mean “sorry guys will vote no”? Are you claiming to represent all of the members who will vote on guild funding or are you trying to influence other voters? I’m unclear on what you are saying here and what you mean exactly.

As to the degens, your comment history suggests that you have been unhappy with their performance and accountability, so I am unsure why all of the sudden you are promoting it as something that is comparable to our proposal, it is not. Future funding of the Degens is in doubt and it appears that that project is being wound down. There are no specific groups promoting the DeFi ecosystem on NEAR and Aurora, and that will impact growth and adoption. Also, could you please clarify how our work and proposal are comparable to OWS one-off payments for memes or medium posts?

1 Like

I’m so Sorry, just my decision. We have other 5 councils in Marketing DAO.

About Degens. NF did huge work to improve and optimize Degens Guild . Now, it’s the best crypto shilling team in the industry. Thanks you @Lolson_tg @SanketN81 and your guys for great job :wave:

3 Likes

Hello Wizards,

Thanks for submitting your proposal and for all the work you’ve done so far.

Would love to learn more about collaboration between Wizards Guild and existing Defi platforms - I know there is a lot of demand for this kind of content and would be great if you had a system that enabled requests from these projects for specific projects (i.e. OIN Finance on how to issue nUSDO, etc.)

I am happy to support this proposal, although would be happy to revise the amount $ if any other council member has objections about it @marketingdao-council Also do kindly note that all proposals are paid out in NEAR but the amount requested and approved is agreed on USD

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and your response.

The Wizards’ Guild created two NFT spells and their accompanying presentations walking users though the steps required to maximize yield on Ref Finance and Ref Finance + Metapool. We would like to continue to develop educational spells that drive users to DeFi DApps and provide support.

As you stated, OIN Finance would greatly benefit from the services we provide (although Ref Finance needs to step up with an incentivized pool for USDT-nUSDO and USDT-nUSDO “stable swaps” to make OIN more functional on NEAR).

Every project is welcome to contact our Admin on Telegram to ask us to promote their DeFi DApp and collaborate. We have provided regular Cheddar and Metapool updates in the past.

In addition to spells and support on our Telegram, we are focused on promoting NEAR and Aurora DeFi on Twitter. We believe that if funded, we can become the premier location for up to date info on DeFi launches, updates, and yield strategies and we will provide requested metrics (which we will be accountable to) monthly as requested.

I believe we could perform the tasks outlined for $2000 in $NEAR per team member and $1000 per month for LiteLiger videos.

That’s a nice proposal, making animation to guide people on how to use Dapp.

1 Like

Hey guys!

Would be awesome to see you guys reaching out to projects, there’s so much going on in the space I can imagine it’s difficult for projects to do the sleuthing required to find initiatives like yours.

Both the Telegram and the Twitter (bar a few retweets) seem pretty inactive at the moment. Are there plans in place to change this?

Can you expand on this, please? Taking into account my previous comments. What are you doing with the NFTs?

Check this out:

4 Likes

Thank you for the response David.

*Some team members moved to a different country with a higher cost of living, which means they cannot devote as much time to doing unpaid work.

*The NFT spells have music and artwork related to the instructions provided in the animation. We have released two spells to date and conducted two NFT spell airdrops to our community.

*We submitted the form for the Guild Tiering System but received no response to date. We actively participate in NEAR Guilds Telegram and Guild calls.

4 Likes

Hey guys, gm,

I think, for the funding amount requested, I’d personally like to see more activity from the Wizards throughout the NEAR Community.

These should be denominated in USD, particularly in light of the volatility the markets have experience recently.

There is no activity on this DAO

2 Likes

Hello David,
We are ready to ramp up but we moved to a more expensive city and can no longer afford to promote NEAR for free. Are you suggesting we continue to work for free until a certain metric is reached before we are eligible for funding?

We changed our funding request to USD in the requisite guild funding application.

There are no funds in our SputnikDAO to allocate and no reason to vote currently as we have been working for free since August and received no funding.

No, but it’s always good to see a community passionate about the NEAR community and engaging with one another without the expectation of funding.

Pinging @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors for review :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

Hi @JThompson123 are the first two members of your guild also on the forum? it would be good to see more details of their past involvement in the NEAR community.

I note that you have been funding your guild activities from personal funds, however the amount requested here seems to me to be on the high side for a new proposal.

3 Likes

Good evening. Still no.

Thank you for the feedback.

In addition to managing the Wizards’ Guild I previously worked as a Degen. Ksenia sells NFT music and started out in NEAR working with Transform Guild. Yana is a Degen, Rhino Guild employee, and is helping the Stars Guild.

Based on the suggested metrics, you will see that we would produce better results than the Degens for a lower fee. Additionally, there is a vacancy in promotion and education in regards to DeFi in the NEAR ecosystem, which we believe is negatively impacting adoption. We have a large number of NFT users that with a little education, could become DeFi power users.

This funding request was created in December and this has dragged on so any funds received would be for work completed by end of February.

It’s a very generalized approach and the biggest challenge is often distribution. I know you’re making an effort and it’s clear you’ve followed a structure, the issue I see is the lack of clarity on distribution. It’s a no for me.

Hello Klint,
Could you please specify what you mean by “lack of clarity on distribution”? This thread states the guild members, responsibilities, payment amount for each contributor, and proposed metrics. Additionally, several members have already completed KYC and are in good standing in the NEAR community.

In our guild funding application we outlined that each team member would receive 2000 USD in NEAR and LiteLiger would receive 1000 USD in NEAR. This total was placed in the DAO proposal. We believe this is quite reasonable considering the work we are proposing and the metrics we must meet.

Hello again,

We’ve spent some time deliberating on this proposal. We don’t really have many data points to go by and the amount requested is relatively high.

I would be willing to support this proposal if we greatly simplify it: we can offer X amount per video and have a clear pipeline of content, for instance:

1. Metapool
  2. Jumbo
  3. Burrow Cash
  4. Rose Finance

The above are just an example and are in no way an exhaustive list. Strongly encourage you to liaise directly with these teams. Also feel free to contact us directly to give us regular updates on progress, ideas, challenges, etc.

I would personally be willing to fund $400-500 per video, and limit it to four or five videos for this funding round so we can assess progress and reassess for next round. Tagging council for their input @marketingdao-council

4 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. Our original request was in $NEAR, which we already switched to USD at a reduced rate in our Guild form. LiteLiger will not work for $400 per video. Thank you for considering our proposal but I believe that your suggestion to reduce our salary places us at a level of compensation that is not competitive with the market. Good luck to the Marketing DAO and we hope you find what you are looking for.

Agreed with this, and would love to see more active collaboration with existing projects in the ecosystem.

I think this proposal could be significantly bolstered if those connections were already made and there was a clear desire from those projects.

2 Likes

It’s come to my attention that one of the members leading your guild may be working as a social media manager for a private company, OIN Finance, that you’re servicing.

This, coupled with their work in Flying Rhino and Wizards Guild, is a concern for me as it appears they’re being rewarded multiple times for the same efforts.

I’d love to hear your views on this, perhaps I’ve misunderstood.