NEAR Editorial Academy Proposal
The NEAR ecosystem is a fully open-source ecosystem that thrives on the collective knowledge, collaboration, and continuous education. Recognising this, I’m excited to propose the initiation of ‘NEAR Editorial Academy’: a 6-month program that seeks to empower any participants interested within the NEAR ecosystem to enhance their content creation skills, while fostering the growth of the NEAR community.
Under the mentorship of NEARWEEK, ‘NEAR Editorial Acadamy’ curriculum will focus on:
- Harnessing the capabilities of AI (GPT-4, waifu2x, Hemingway, Fireflies, etc.) to enhance content output.
- General editorial mentorship rooted in the principles of the marketing landscape, learning how to produce dev-related content (without needing to be technical yourself), and copywriting.
Eligibility & Enrollment:
- Open to anyone interested in the NEAR ecosystem.
- Possession of a telegram account is required. (all workshop discussions will be made in a public groupchat /TBD/)
- Willing and able to join public (and potentially recorded) Google Meetings
- GPT-4 subscription is highly advantageous but not essential
Feedback & Quality Assurance:
At the end of the program:
- Participants will be given an anonymous notion questionnaire to evaluate their experiences at the end of the program.
- Feedback will be consolidated and a summary of the findings will be shared publicly by NEARWEEK to ensure transparency, room for evaluation, take-in criticism and learn about any failures and potential improvements.
- NEARWEEK views itself as a stepping-stone for ecosystem growth, not as an end product or platform in itself. In practise, this means that we’re on the constant look-out to cultivate talent and ideas within the community, and to connect them to opportunities within the NEAR ecosystem (not just NEARWEEK, as a media platform).
- Where relevant, NEARWEEK will strive to make meaningful introductions and recommendations to our partners for outstanding participants.
Budget & Deliverables:
500 $NEAR a month for educational content (3,000 $NEAR)
- x1 2-hour public workshop each month: 300 $NEAR
- 1 on 1 sessions as required: 100 $NEAR
- Adhoc feedback on student writings by Hero: 100 $NEAR
2,000 $NEAR x1 for marketing distribution across 6 months (2,000 $NEAR)
Total: 5,000 $NEAR
- A singular 6-month education term with potential for renewal based on outcomes and feedback.
The program will commence on 1st September 2023 and span 6 months.
About Myself ':
As the Editor-in-chief of NEARWEEK, I hope to make my experience and insights available to the wider community:
- Helm NEAR (BOS) editorial content on Medium
- Stewardship of the Official NEAR ecosystem newsletter (subscribe.nearweek.com)
- Advocacy for both emerging startups and established players in the ecosystem
- Dedication to fair and unbiased coverage, and transparency around decisions where this has been impossible to uphold (find a recent example here)
- A passion for public goods within the NEAR ecosystem
- Deep community integration and insights
- A vision to make NEAR BOS the first and best Layer-X of the Open Web, drawing both liquidity and talent.
- BA, English Literature (King’s College London)
In essence, NEARWEEK envisions the academy as a perfect way for nurturing the next generation of NEAR writers and contributors among the community. Given the nature of NEARWEEK operations + variety of funding sources, we’re in the fortunate position where any success within NEAR translates back to us hitting our KPI’s and milestones.
To be clear - 5,000 NEAR is being asked from Marketing DAO for a 6-month proposal with no specific KPI’s or deliverables. However, if community feedback is negative - this will be made clear at the end of the 6-month term.
I hope the council, advisors, and rest of the NEAR community make known if they would like to see ‘NEAR Editorial Academy’ funded.
If you do not think this is a good expenditure of ecosystem recourses, please let your voice be heard. That’s completely okay - believe it or not - we can go ahead and give that NEAR to an opportunity the community would rather see funded.
Hero - Editor-in-Chief, NEARWEEK
NEARWEEK Wallet ID: heroes-vault.near
- 11/08/2023 : fixed budget breakdown after posting.
- 11/08/2023 : Ibid.