[APPROVED] Twitter campaign - 1500 $N

TLDR of the proposal:
Twitter campaign to grow and engage our Telegram/token holder community

Detailed proposal - max 450 words, if more info is needed link to docs:

Small proposal, details not needed. Link to winners (top 10): 4NTS/Dora Giveaway - Google Docs

Tweet: https://twitter.com/block_xplorer/status/1349147494387748864?s=20

Potential ROI/impact on the NEAR Ecosystem:
Boosting awareness around our ticker $NEAR on Twitter. Impact in the order of 10s to 100s of M$ but not directly measurable.

Amount of funding:
1500 $N and 10% (150$N) additional as bonus. 1500 will be distributed to winners of the campaign.

Project lead (internal/external):
Royo from 4NTS Guild
besavage.near
d@4nts.com

Voting and quorum thresholds:

- <2K$ - 1X Yes - no minimum quorum (* quorum defined as min number of members needed for the vote to be valid)
- 2-10K$ - 2X Yes - no min quorum
- 10-30K$ - 3X Yes - min quorum 4 of 7 - 4X members should vote in either direction
- Above 30K$ requires Erik or Illia's additional approval
- Above 100K$ requires NEAR Foundation Council approval 
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

I realize that they (4ANTS) have good intentions but I would like to point out that NEAR supporting token “giveaways” is really opposed to the best practices of ecosystem against scammers (from the ETH side we always asked people NOT to do those).

At least they are not asking them to make transactions. This kind of stuff is what opens us up to the scammers that run that fake telegram (and that some people believe was us).

Also if each prize is ballpark 100 $N (which is approx $250 USD) I hope they’re asking for participation that’s more in-depth than just a retweet. On Instagram they do things like photo contests, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Any additional thoughts @mattlockyer @ashert?

Good points. We are trying to run many small experiments and see which ones stick.

I encourage you to come up with a leaner and meaner :wink: version of this in a proposal and ask 4NTS or others to run it and see the results. :v: