Trove Labs is a web3 development and consulting firm specializing in the NEAR Protocol ecosystem. We have been deeply involved in the NEAR community since 2021 and have firsthand experience building two of the strongest NEAR native communities; Jump DeFi and Neko, which lead engagement and active user analytics. Trove Labs has created NEAR at NIGHT, the #1 Twitter Spaces Show on NEAR that serves as a platform for founders and team members of NEAR Native projects to showcase what they are building and discuss important topics within the ecosystem. Trove labs is dedicated to building the NEAR infrastructure while encouraging and enabling others to do the same.
Near at NIGHT has been extremely successful in providing a platform for NEAR native projects with over 60 unique guests being hosted on N@N so far. NEAR at Night has run 80+ spaces with an average of 126 views & 2090 impressions per show since its creation in August.
Last year Trove Labs was given the amazing opportunity to travel to Nearcon from the marketing DAO (NEARCON Proposal & NEARCON Report). While attending NEARCON we were able to strengthen existing relationships within the NEAR community by meeting up in real life and witnessing their achievements and passion firsthand. We were able to schedule multiple N@N AMA sessions with different projects and hackathon participants to highlight their work and innovations.
One of the most impactful experiences we had at the conference was the “NEAR Founders Brunch” thrown by Apollo 42 and the ASAC team. We were able to meet with ~20 team members from different projects and businesses and make lasting connections that have resulted in strong project relationships with teams like Tradeport, Apollo 42, and more. Ecosystem-led networking events like this are the most effective at encouraging members of the NEAR community to work together to build the NEAR ecosystem.
We believe in the importance of IRL events and conferences and know that with proper marketing, social media amplification, and genuine engagement, we can maximize the effect of events like NEAR APAC and NEARCON.
In an effort to support NEAR Protocol’s focus on global scaling and accessibility, we are looking to travel to NEAR APAC 23’ to meet active NEAR project teams, coordinate with NEAR Vietnam Hub to hold multiple “Founders Brunch” events, , and host multiple N@N spaces during the conference to provide social media for exposure project teams during the conference, and to promote/market NEAR APAC a reasonable amount of time before and after the event is over. (edited 06/06/23)
Community Events > Meetups > Networking/Educational
Community Events > Events > Hackathons/Conferences
Content > Social media > Distribution
Objective: Provide a spotlight to developers participating at NEAR APAC through N@N AMAs, Founder events, and sufficient marketing required to distribute content made from the above activities to a large audience.
Marketing Activity (edited 06/06/23):
- Host 3 NEAR at Night AMAs (2 During the event, & 1 Round up AMA) in collaboration with NEAR Vietnam Hub, focusing on spotlighting new projects & Hackathon participants present at the conference. We will coordinate with NVH to procure guests from the event.
- Throw 2 NEAR Brunch Events in collaboration with NEAR Vietnam Hub, with a highlight video of the attendees. We will ask the attendees a few questions about their experiences with NEAR and what they are building (attendees will be prime candidates for potential N@N AMAs). We will interview founders on camera and ask questions and create a highlight video of both days including footage of founders and the events.
- Utilize the N@N twitter platform to spotlight NEAR APAC and important events. We will interview founders on camera and ask questions and create a highlight video of both days including footage of founders and the events.
Metrics for Measuring Success (edited 06/06/23):
- Host 3 N@N twitter spaces during NEAR APAC (Sept 8-12) to cover notable updates for NEAR protocol and highlight new/upcoming projects & protocols coming to NEAR. (sufficient engagement)
- Quantity of Near Projects teams committed to speaking in future N@N spaces
- Target: 5-10
- Hold 2 “NEAR Founders Brunch” events
- Target: 10-20 guests per event
- Short Video showcasing events is created and distributed through crypto twitter and NEAR channels.
- Consistent engagement, impressions, views for respective content. (Satisfactory impressions being ~500-1500 average)
Expected Impact (edited 06/06/23): Drive awareness to NEAR protocol projects (With a focus on the NEAR APAC community) and provide social media coverage of the NEAR APAC conference for the NEAR/Crypto Twitter community. Establish relationships between existing NEAR projects & new NEAR projects present at the conference through live meetups during the conference to promote cooperation within the NEAR project ecosystem. Drive momentum from NEAR APAC and establish a relationship between Western & Eastern Near communities.
Requested Funds (edited 06/06/23) : We are requesting funds for trove labs to perform the following marketing activities at NEAR APAC :
Total Cost (edited 06/06/23) : ~2420 NEAR ($3630 USD) One-time
3 x N@N APAC AMAs $780 ($260 x 2)
2 x Founders Brunch events $2000 ($1000 x 2)
1 x APAC event highlight video $400
Marketing before and After event. Consistent twitter/telegram engagement before and after event ($450)
Wallet ID: trovelabs.near
Owner: Brandon & David
Brandon & David
- https://twitter.com/NEAR_at_NIGHT 8 1606 Followers
- https://twitter.com/dleer_defi 4,957 Followers
- https://twitter.com/Brand0mand0 1086 Followers
Trove Labs Projects - Twitter Links:
- https://twitter.com/jumpdefi 1 25,300 Followers
- https://twitter.com/goodfortunenft 25,400 Followers + Verified on Twitter
- https://twitter.com/ClassyKangaroos 2,843 Followers
Brandon is the co-founder of Trove labs and a former Laboratory Manager with extensive experience in managing project teams and developing business operations. Brandon has recently begun working in web 3.0 full-time, and oversees the product development of Jump DeFi, Good Fortune Felines, & other projects from throughout the crypto ecosystem.
David is the Co-Founder of Trove Labs; developer of NEAR native projects Jump DeFi & NEKO.
David began investing into crypto seriously in 2020; learning how to utilize DeFi to reach financial freedom. David started making crypto content in 2021 to teach others about DeFi and NFTs.
David was a first mover in many alt-layer 1 ecosystems before discovering NEAR in December 2021. At that time, David realized NEAR Protocol is special and he decided to devote his life to building in the ecosystem. David transitioned from a career in engineering to focus on Jump DeFi, NEKO, and the growth of the NEAR Protocol ecosystem full time. David is a passionate leader who works hard to empower people within the NEAR Protocol community.
Past Spaces Links: