[APPROVED] The Penmanship Guild February Funding

Project Proposal: Connect the Coast NEAR Tape Vol 1.

Council/Treasurer: ConnecttheCoast.near

Members:
Duwop.near
DBANKS.near
DJBrothaC.near
JayReilly.near
Hititmrbutter.near
NikoChochise.near

Target: ctc-dao.sputnik-dao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount: $4,000

Summary of last months activities

Our approved January proposal

Projects & Timelines: The Penmanship Guild educates independent artists on how to conceptualize, produce, market, distribute and promote musical releases from the early production and writing stages to the final album release and event, our 3 phase plan will cycle every 6 months.

PHASE I (Jan - Feb): Writing and producing music
PHASE II (Mar - Apr): Strategy and distribution
PHASE III (May - June): Marketing and Event Production

TPG in conjunction with Connect the Coast will partner with independent black and brown artists from Califonia’s central coast to attend a writing camp, produce and release a 4-10 song original EP complete NFTs, and host an official hybrid IRL/metaverse event to celebrate and promote the project. In January TPG selected 10 artists to attend our first writing camp in Las Vegas, NV we were able to complete four and 2 strong ideas during the retreat. February’s budget will be used to finalize the production of the songs we wrote in Las Vegas (i.e. mixing, mastering, featured artist etc.) We’ll also be securing placements on web2 platforms to bring more attention to the NEAR ecosystem. Lastly we hired a videographer to help us create a short form NFT documentary, that we’ll be released as short NFT segments throughout all 3 phases.

• Mix engineer $300
  • Mastering engineer $250 (per version 4 versions recommended)
  • Feature deposit $800
  • Hire NFT artist $650 (+ 5% of forever royalties)
  • Music video director deposit $500
  • Hire community manager $350
  • Secure non-visual web2 placements (Thizzler, UGHHBlog, etc.) $1,150
  • Research venues for the finale event
3 Likes

Hello Penmanship Guild!

It sounds like you all had an awesome retreat in January, I love to hear it! Could you please link your January report to this proposal?

Also, it would be helpful if you could format this proposal to follow the guidelines more closely. You can take a look at the format here:

Lastly, please create separate posts for each individual project you are requesting funding for with a little more information and then link each project to this overall February proposal. For example, if you are creating an NFT project, what is the name, idea/concept? Is securing a no-visual web2 placement a part of that same project or a different one?

Let me know if you need any help!

3 Likes

Thank for you for the feedback, I’ll make these adjustments and re-submit :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks so much for adjusting! It is looking great so far, just needs a few more tweaks and we are good to go and in alignment with the proposal format:

• I see you linked your January proposal, could you please link your January report

• Please create a separate post for each of your projects. This is mostly for organization and to allow moderators and community to easily see / understand each project you are working on and how the funds are distributed. These separate posts do not have to be extensive, the information you provided here is good, just in a separate post for organization! My suggestion would be to perhaps make each 6 month plan into one overall project. This way, if the Penmanship Guild would like to work on a another project it can be easily organized and distinct from the current one. Or if you would like to distribute some of your funding for the guild itself (rather than specifically on a project) for things like council work, that can be clear too. A great example of how this looks is the Cudo DAO. Notice how they created a separate post for each project and linked it to the overall budget proposal: [APPROVED] CUDO DAO February budget overview

4 Likes

Thanks fo adjusting the proposal! It now follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators! Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO astrodao [link: Astro ] so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guidelines: [New Process] Community Payouts

5 Likes