[APPROVED] Secret Humanity Society Cards

NOTION CARD AND COMMENTS: https://www.notion.so/Secret-Humanity-Society-Cards-605d17be7b224067a8b611125e9790a2

DESCRIPTION

My name is Jose but I also go by my designer/artist’s name, Rorschach. I’m currently splitting my time as a tech entrepreneur and as a designer, creating NFTs for good purposes.

I’ve been working on an NFT collection called the “Secret Humanity Society Cards”. I want to create a network where donors or “SHS members”, make their resources matter for good, bring solidarity and kindness to the world as well as committing ourselves to creating a healthy and sustainable planet.

The items essentially are a series of trading cards where most of the funds collected can be used to raise money for charity and environmentally friendly projects.

I’m planning to create 91 unique cards in total, divided by 5 different triers of scarcity; each with different value, design, and complexity.

For more info: https://rorschach.design/shs

How does your project benefit the NEAR and Mintbase NFT ecosystem? *

I want to work on projects that not only provides value to the NFT community, but also to the society in general.

The idea is to create a new NFT market which provides value to donors, our society and our planet by combining IP uniqueness, collectibles and similar to real-world membership status.

I believe that if there are people that are willing to spend thousands of dollars worth of crypto for a piece of IP, I’m sure there are people that will also value a piece of IP that is thought to do good and bring solidarity & kindness to the world.

Please provide a timeline and milestones for your project (funds will be granted after completion) *

I already started designing the items and launching the website. I expect to finalize all the designs by the end of April.

I believe these type of projects need huge marketing efforts. I think the project is valuable enough to succeed; the quality of the design is there and the mission/values are there as well. If I can get this project out there and have a lot of exposure, I believe I can make it work.

Proposed by:
Jose Diaz

SOME RELEVANT COMMENTS FROM NOTION:

• What is the advantage of donating through the project, instead of directly donating to a charity of someone’s choice?

To start with, I don’t believe that most of the people who are currently buying NFTs are philanthropists; they probably buy NFTs for the same reasons people buy art, or Pokemon cards — they are scarce and provides a unique connection to the creator, some sort of value that only each of us understand.

I will not be trying to sell a donation approach or method, I’ll still be trying to sell an NFT. The donation is simply an added value or UVP; a value that most of the rest of NFTs won’t have.

Selling the NFTs will be a channel for donations. millions are currently being spend on NFTs that don’t provide any value at all for society; most of these funds are not being used for good porpuses, so I believe that by creating this channel, positive impact can be created, even if it’s just the concecuence of the act.

I’ll be selling a collectible that grants you access to a sort of club. A network of people that know what they have done to adquire these items, and know what value they have provided to society.

I’m also considering to create physical cards that reflects the virtual, frame it like the PSA rating cards and send it to donors; this will improve even more the feeling of membership. However, this will require even more energy and resources obviusly.

• Would it be possible to have cards with a lower price for people who have a smaller donation budget?

Yes. I think it’s a good idea, because obviously every kind a donation is welcome. However, I also believe creating a premium/VIP feeling to the cards is also important, so I think there should be a balance. Maybe 1 ETH can be a good base price point.

PLAN:

• Phase 1: Complete Artwork designs
  • Phase 2: Mint artworks on Mintbase and other platforms.
2 Likes

Thanks for reposting your approved project from the Notion board to our new forum system here :pray:

We’ll take it on from here, and will be paying you for each completed phase through our Sputnik DAO.

Feel free to repost some relevant comments from the Notion as well.

1 Like

Here’s a recap of the comments written on this project in the Notion board:

11-04-2021

Thank so much for the support @Lenara and Mintbase team! Excited to collaborate with you and give a try to this project! Some questions from my side at the moment:

• Will my items be restricted to be minted on Mintbase/Near platforms only?

• Will my items be restricted to be sold in $Near or other currencies?

• What’s the timeline for Near.Mintbase platform/stores to be launched?

• How does the funding work? Is it paid at project completion? if so, what does project completion means?

Some other notes: Thanks also for supporting on marketing efforts. I’m not sure what kind of initiatives or best marketing practices can be applied for the project, but I assume conventional and non-conventional PR, such as news articles, interviews, blog posts, podcasts, web features and/or other channels might work. Happy to hear suggestions on how we can spread the word out. Thanks again and let me know if there’s any other question. Jose.

12-04-2021

Hi Jose. Being funded by Createbase does not require exclusivity. But we ask that you dedicate a significant part of the love and effort put into the project into using Mintbase and NEAR. One of our goals with the financial support given by Createbase is to showcase what is possible, serving as examples and inspiration for the whole ecosystem. The mainnet launch date is getting close. Although we don’t have a firm date, it most likely will happen by the end of April. Meanwhile feel free to prototype and test on testnet. We pay at the project completion, but you can also break down the project in several phases, propose deliverables for each, and we can pay partially when each phase is completed.

12-04-2021

Thanks for the quick reply Lenara. All clear now; however, how do I prototype on tesnet? I think I’m still in line with number #3582. I already can think of the project to be split in half:

• Phase 1: Artwork designs (5)

• Phase 2: Minted artworks on Mintbase and other platforms.

13-04-2021

Let us know what is your testnet account and we will send you a store deployer NFT so you can start prototyping.

Would be interesting to have a FAQ section to explain the project. I was showing the website you have up already to some people and questions that came up were:

• would it be possible to have cards with a lower price for people who have a smaller donation budget?

• what is the advantage of donating through the project, instead of directly donating to a charity of someone’s choice?

(I personally think this last question is quite important, and a good answer will help market the website. It’s the value added to the donation that will make this a successful project)

16-04-2021

Great! I think this my testnet account is: rorschach.testnet

To answer your questions:

• What is the advantage of donating through the project, instead of directly donating to a charity of someone’s choice? To start with, I don’t believe that most of the people who are currently buying NFTs are philanthropists; they probably buy NFTs for the same reasons people buy art, or Pokemon cards — they are scarce and provides a unique connection to the creator, some sort of value that only each of us understand.

I will not be trying to sell a donation approach or method, I’ll still be trying to sell an NFT. The donation is simply an added value or UVP; a value that most of the rest of NFTs won’t have. Selling the NFTs will be a channel for donations. millions are currently being spend on NFTs that don’t provide any value at all for society; most of these funds are not being used for good porpuses, so I believe that by creating this channel, positive impact can be created, even if it’s just the concecuence of the act. I’ll be selling a collectible that grants you access to a sort of club. A network of people that know what they have done to adquire these items, and know what value they have provided to society.

I’m also considering to create physical cards that reflects the virtual, frame it like the PSA rating cards and send it to donors; this will improve even more the feeling of membership. However, this will require even more energy and resources obviusly.

• Would it be possible to have cards with a lower price for people who have a smaller donation budget? Yes. I think it’s a good idea, because obviously every kind a donation is welcome. However, I also believe creating a premium/VIP feeling to the cards is also important, so I think there should be a balance. Maybe 1 ETH can be a good base price point.

11-05-2021

Hi Jose, thanks for reaching out. Yes, I think the idea of belonging to a club is very appealing. Since you’re offering people the possibility of selecting a charity of their choice, maybe one interesting idea is to have the members of the club propose charities and select not just individually but as a group. I personally enjoy receiving info about interesting charities doing good work from people that I know and trust (not so much cold calls though, so that’s a way in which being part of such club/group could definitely add more value)

If you like the idea, I suggest you look into creating a DAO for the NFT holders. This feature can be eligible to receive additional funds from the hackathon starting this week: Open Web Governance Challenge | Build better communities

23-05-2021

Thanks for your suggestion, sounds worthy for a try at least! Glad to hear still believe in the idea. I’ve been very busy the last couple of weeks so I haven’t been able to finish the designs of all the cards yet; need to restructure the number of cards as well so I still have some work to do. Do you have any suggestion or ideas on how to best target marketing? You mentioned before you can look into connecting me with initiatives that can be of help in that regard. Would be great to learn from experts how to best approach this. Thanks again! J.

24-05-2021

Yes, would be great to get some team matching going for your proposal so you can receive marketing help. We are moving the proposal workflow to the gov.near.org forum and one of the reasons is to get more eyes on them and connect them better to people who can add to the projects. Here in the Notion they are a bit hidden. So, if you could move your proposal there it would be awesome. Just copy-paste the card text below, and include a link to this Notion card, mentioning it was approved already by us.

1 Like

@rorschach I talked to the team this week and they suggested that the best way for you to reach out to marketing helpers is to come to the next Createbase Community Call and do a quick presentation of your project.

The calls are every other Thursday at 7PM CET. Hope the time works for you? Here’s the event details: https://createbase.community/community-calls/

1 Like

Thanks for the summary and the suggestion @lenara!

As mentioned before, I’m quite busy at the moment with other projects, but whenever I get the chance I’ll be probably registering for the call.

Thanks again!

2 Likes