[APPROVED] RealBirds social media marketing campaign budget

RealBirds are the first NEAR native Omnichain NFT building on LayerZero Labs. We are a fun pfp style NFT on the outside themed around the conspiracy theory of birds being government surveillance drones. On the inside we are working directly with one of the most innovate projects in crypto called LayerZero Labs. We are advocating on behalf of NEAR with the support of NEAR Foundation through a grant, to establish a NEAR endpoint on LayerZero’s stack. This would open NEAR protocol up to the incredible world of adoption and liquidity that are only accessible to multichain integrated protocols.

This would fall under the marketing category of Social Media

What to include:

• Funding scheme:
  • Monthly
  • Initiative summary, be sure to include:
  • This would be an initiative to spread the word on what RealBirds is building. I think memes are incredibly powerful in terms of shifting narratives, being light and fun, and spreading messages. It would be great to make this campaign meme focused as it coincides with our brand. We could hire artists to make viral meme style images, gifs, videos, which would have potential to go viral within crypto twitter.
  • Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community
  • This would be a social media campaign, mainly on twitter to spread the word about what RealBirds is bringing to the NEAR ecosystem and how big of a deal the Omnichain integration would be for the entire NEAR protocol. I’m picturing really high level content made by well known meme posters on crypto twitter that create incredible high quality content like this: https://twitter.com/copie_eth/status/1426983527623573511?t=J71Mg7INp2BwgIWaTlrQUQ&s=19
  • Metrics for measuring success
  • Follower count on twitter would be a great metric. We have never paid for any promotions, reposts, followers, etc. so our current follower count is 100% genuine and it would be a great metric to track
  • Estimated timeline and achievement milestones
  • It would be great to keep this churning monthly with monthly milestones being based on tweet impressions exposure and follower count increases
  • Funding Details
  • Funding will go towards content creators and potentially SEO promotions for the content created
  • Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting)
  • $10,000 or 2,331 NEAR ($4.29 per NEAR at time of posting)
  • NEAR Wallet ID / DAO
  • realbirds.near
  • Wallet owner’s name
  • RealBirds treasury wallet
4 Likes

May I see links, MVP, milestones ? Thanks

1 Like

Our links:
https://twitter.com/RealBirdsGOV

Milestones agreed to with the NEAR Foundation for our grant:

Milestones
Start of program: August 11, 2022

Milestone 1: August 31, 2022 Milestone 1. RealBirds NEAR mint

• On Aug 11th we will be minting 1,000 of that total supply on NEAR. These will be
    normal NEAR NFTs for a period of time until the NEAR endpoint is added to LayerZero, during this time we will look to add utility and value to the NEAR NFTs for holders similar to other projects (staking partnerships being one option we’re exploring).

• Educate our NEAR NFT holders and the rest of the NEAR ecosystem about Omnichain on LayerZero to benefit the NEAR ecosystem and bring in additional users from other chains. Ongoing education preparations of users from other chains to eventually migrate their RealBirds NFT to NEAR once the endpoint is live.

• Conduct the mint for free on NEAR. Receiving this portion of the grant prior to mint on August 11th would allow us to mint for free, which we are willing to do. The NEAR NFT ecosystem has no liquidity right now and good projects are not minting out, which then stops their development. We would mint for free and use the grant money to pay our developers for the contracts they’ve already built as well as their ongoing collaboration with the LayerZero dev team in preparation for endpoint integration. A free mint for this project could be what the NEAR NFT ecosystem needs to get interested again.

• After our NEAR mint we will move on to Solana, as mentioned this mint will be within the same collection and the SOL endpoint will be live in LayerZero’s stack by the time we mint (confidential). We will also use funds from the grant to establish Solana project collabs, partners, relationships with Solana influencers that will advocate for Omnichain interoperability and specifically the movement of our NFT within LayerZero from SOL to NEAR (when NEAR is integrated). Influencers, Partners, Collabs, explaining how and why liquidity in our project can move around chains (specifically other chains to NEAR) will be very valuable for NEAR cross-chain adoption.

• Reach 5k followers on Twitter

Milestone 2: November 30, 2022
Milestone 2. NEAR endpoint integrated into LayerZero stack (time undetermined, but

eventual integration guaranteed by LayerZero team)

• NEAR implementation on LayerZero: Post NEAR endpoint integration every NEAR application and project will be able to benefit from Omnichain features because of the work we did. Specifically for RealBirds we will integrate all Omnichain features especially ones that incentivize movement of liquidity from other chains to NEAR.
  • Provide evidence to show the movement of 800 existing blockchain users to NEAR
  • Start a separate brand under the RealBirds umbrella called “RealBirds Labs”. RealBirds Labs will develop Omnichain focused tools and applications that make the user experience better, these tools will all prioritize NEAR adoption and include unique ways for movement to occur across chains (other chains to NEAR). RealBirds Labs will also incubate other projects looking to go the Omnichain route, this could include a large percentage of $SOL, $ETH, $AVAX, $BNB, native projects after going Omnichain through us, will now have a direct path for their users to transition to NEAR
  • Reach 10k followers on Twitter
2 Likes

Additional links (can only put 2 per post as a new user)

1 Like

Hi @CurtShilling,
There’s not enough clarity on specific projects, channels, and execution that warrants the total amount requested. Without utility baked into the project, it’s hard to justify the expense.

It’s a no from me, unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi Curt,

Thanks for your proposal! I’ve been following the project closely for several months. There are several things that stand out that influence my decision making:

• Team working for months without any rewards or remuneration
  • Real technological innovation, Layer Zero partnership will add A TON of value to NEAR. Real birds is doing the work that would be suitable and expected of a Business Developer at NF
  • Grant from NF serves as strong validation
  • Proven and active commitment to community; content to date is excellent, participation almost daily on twitter spaces, etc.

I am happy to support this proposal on a monthly basis. My only observation would be that as a first time applicant, we should reduce the amount to build a working relationship a track record with Marketing DAO. I believe there is still a lot that could be achieved with a smaller amount. I would suggest the $5-7k range - let me know if that seems suitable or let me know what would be reasonable numbers from your end.

2 Likes

Hey AVB! Yes you’re right that makes more sense. If $6k feels like the right amount on your end that works for us. Once we know the final amount we can start to explore content creators within the budget.

Best,

2 Likes

Ok , happy to support. It would be great to hold AMA with your project in Near Games community.

2 Likes

Hi @CurtShilling – thanks for the proposal. I’ve read about your project, learned more via @satojandro podcast episode with you, and I think the frightening-funny bird premise in a cool one.

That said, in order to support this, I need to see some additional details about the metrics/goals you have for the funding you’re requesting. We ask proposers to outline:

• Specifically how will you use the funds (i.e. what kind of content, on what platforms, how often, who will create it)
  • What metrics you will use to track the progress and performance so your team and the MarketingDAO can evaluate what is working in the future (i.e. wallets onboarded, social followers, email sign ups, event attendees, new users…it will be specific to your project obviously, but we need metrics posted publicly on the forum)
  • A breakdown of why you are requesting the funding amount posted here. Do you have any estimates around production costs for the marketing activities you plan to do with this funding?

If you can provide details on the above, that would help me come to a conclusion about the proposal. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes lets do it! Please reach out to me on twitter @curtshilling13

1 Like
  • Funds will be used to hire content creators, types of content will be images and videos both memes and educational / summarizing graphics etc. Social media platform we’ll be focusing on is twitter.

• Best metrics used will be twitter followers over the medium - long term, and shorter term metrics will be audience reach and impressions weekly or based on specific content created.

• The good content creators I’ve explored so far that make memes, images, graphics etc. seem so be pricing services around $500 for a few pieces of content or a week of time. The great viral content creators I’ve found and ones that focus on videos are more expensive, around $1000 for a campaign or video. These are just estimates around the general conversations I’ve had so far.

1 Like

Hi. Your proposal is interesting, but it is not clear where you get the amount of $ 10,000 from? Why should you be allocated such an amount? How many employees do you have? Could you give more nonresidents to your company?
Thx :blush:

1 Like

Apologies I don’t understand the question, above @satojandro mentioned that an amount closer to $5k-$7k would be a more appropriate amount, which I agreed with and said $6k sounds perfect. I also mentioned above where I got the idea for requesting that amount - it seems in line with the pricing I’m seeing from quality content creators in the space.

1 Like

Hi.
His one opinion is not the result of satisfying the offer and fixing the payment for your work. You correctly noticed that you did not understand the question. The question is, what kind of work will you do for $6,000? Your offer specifies your project and after that you write the price for your work. How did you evaluate your work? How many new users can you attract to the Near ecosystem?
Thx :blush:

1 Like

“What kind of work will you do for $6,000?”

• As mentioned above the $6,000 will be used to fund content creators to make RealBirds focused memes, graphics, educational material, both images and videos.

“How do you evaluate your work”

• I’m evaluating the cost of this content based on content creators I’ve spoken to personally. The pricing ranges from a few hundred dollars to $1,000 based on quality, length, reputation of the artist, etc.

“How many new users can you attract to the NEAR ecosystem?”

• I think it’s very hard to say but content that is meme driven, based on a project with large upside (we had a free mint), and made by established crypto twitter content creators has huge potential to go viral, at least in NFT / Crypto twitter. I think this combined with our actual project ethos of being the leading advocates for NEAR to enter the Omnichain future could bring alot of potential new NEAR users to the space.
1 Like

Hi @CurtShilling thanks for answering the questions – I can support the revised amount. You have the support of three council members – moving this to approved. You can submit to Astro.

Appreciate it! Would you mind sharing the Astro link I need to submit?

2 Likes

Good evening.

1)Proceed to Poll on AstroDAO.
2)Once the poll is approved, you need to submit THIS form Ironclad.

How to create a poll? Here is instruction.

Have a great day :blush:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/realbirds.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/realbirds.sputnik-dao.near-0?fromCreate=true Here is the poll for approval

3 Likes

Ironclad form submitted as well

2 Likes