[APPROVED] NxM DAO - July 2021

CREATIVES DAO MONTHLY FUNDING REQUEST

In Post: After a fun and exciting June, with the creation of DAO and guilds by community members we are looking to start structuring things a bit more as we move into our first official month of Creatives DAO support.

Events:

• NxM Live 3 (our month artist showcase)
  • Strictly Ballein (a weekly DJ party)
  • Beat Kitchen (a weekly beat challenge from djnana.near)

Collaboration:

• NxM Anthem (a collaborative audio nft release)

Community Building:

• Bounties Program (for marketing, onboarding, tips & memes)

DAO/Guild Management:

• Social Media
  • DAO duties
  • Bounty Payouts

Council Members:
vandal.near
zeitwarp.near
grace.near
joep.near

Target: nxm-dao.sputnikdao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount: 2000 N

Projects & Timelines:

NxM Live 3 - End of July (30th?)
NxM Anthem - Release by July 30th
Beat Kitchen - Weekly starting July 17
Strictly Ballein - Kick Off July 21

Proposals will be attached shortly

6 Likes

This looks great @vandal! Once @mecsbecs and I have had a chance to look over it we will leave comments here if needed or we will simply change the title to [APPROVED].

Once [APPROVED] you are free to submit this proposal on-chain to the Creatives SputnikDAO!

3 Likes

Thanks!

A couple more proposals to link, but they’re being prepared now!

3 Likes

@chloe @mecsbecs we’ve got all the proposals in!

3 Likes

Hey @vandal, this all looks awesome and I sincerely hope NxM Live 3 is held on July 30th because then @chloe will get a way to celebrate her birthday! :wink: :partying_face:

This budget of 2,000 NEAR is approved. Please proceed to posting your payout proposal for this amount and linking to this Forum post to the Creatives SputnikDAO.

Looking forward to seeing how all these initiatives pan out and be sure to keep track of how you are planning on reporting on your success for them (ex. # of attendees, # of artists supported, etc.) in time for your next budget request!

2 Likes

Thanks @mecsbecs! Submitting to the DAO now. Also yes NxM Live 3 and @chloe’s birthday sounds like a lot of fun!!!

2 Likes

-MONTHLY REPORT-
I believe I’m posting this in the correct place, if I need to move it, just let me know!

Project Name: NxM
Project Status: In Progress
Project Accounting: 700 NEAR
Updated Project Timeline: Ongoing, month-to-month
Highlights: This month we’ve seen big growth from our community. Both in terms of numbers and in projects we have running to get people involved. Specifically, I ran our community playlist which saw expansion to include guest curation. This resulted in bringing in four new artists into the space by providing an opportunity to participate along with their introduction to the community. This also assisted the on boarding program I’m working on with three other community members. Not only did we add in an additional collaborator for the project, we ended up on boarding 3 more people that our initial goal. We did a lot of learning and adjusting for this program to make it more accessible, inclusive, and sensitive to how overwhelming some of this stuff can be for newcomers. I feel that this has resulted in deeper engagement and feelings of real community, and am encouraged about how we can improve in a second month and with new ideas being brought in. I also worked with another community member on pre-production for an event program (DAOdrops) that will start airing in cryptovoxels every Friday in August. We have successfully booked out two months in advanced, and have already shot the first four interviews. Honestly, I don’t think this project could have gone any smoother for us so far. We have been so fortunate in the way the community has been excited about participation, and I think we can do some really great things with that excitement and ambition. Outside of projects, I’ve also been working to manage some of the community social media, as well as writing bounties to engage the community, as well as to engage crossover engagement with the create base community. So far, we have used the bounties as a means to set up four collaborations with the createbase community, which is a really exciting highlight to me. I think the more we get to know each other and work together, the more it benefits the whole ecosystem! I’ve also been lending myself as help to community members with various on boarding aspects to the different platforms and technology available, as well as to get their programs going and help with writing proposals.
Learnings: There was a ton of learning this month! Especially in regard to on boarding. Sometimes it is easy to forget how much there is to learn, and so easy to overwhelm people new to the space as they adjust to the speed that things happen and how much conversation takes places. I’ve also learned a lot about different programs and initiatives that are going on, and ways that we can connect things to help realize ambitions. I expect the next month with bring even more knowledge, which will lead to more adjustments.

Next Steps: The big next steps for me are getting events going for the community. Starting with the DAOdrops August 6th, as a way for us to all get together in the metaverse and get to know each other and enjoy some art and music. I think once we start seeing the realization of these events we’ve been planning, we will see these become even better channels for on boarding new artists into the community, and getting them involved right away. I’m hoping that this coming month will also see me getting some of the new members more involved in writing grants and starting their own programs for the community. As well as find more ways to engage the community via bounties. And use the bounties as a way to also further familiarize the community with the governance forum and the grant process, make it less intimidating to new members.

6 Likes

Thanks @bonepolice! Can you put this in it’s own topic post and tag nxm, we want more people to see all the great work you’re doing for the community!

4 Likes

Done! Should I send that link to the nxm-dao sputnik for payout?

1 Like