[Approved] Near Tribe (University Social Club)

Hello Community,

West Africa is endowed with a lot of brilliant minds and the youth generation is fast evolving.
The target of this proposal is to engage and directly chart the course of these potential young enthusiasts to a future in web3 and the Near protocol.

In achieving this, we have decided to pioneer this social club community titled: Near Tribe which we look to be established in Universities across west Africa that is focused on empowering these creatives with the right information to harness their skills and groom them to their fullest potential.

Nigeria’s total number of privately owned universities was estimated at over 170 schools to date with Lagos State estimated to have over 11 universities inclusive of privately-owned schools.

Near Tribe will kick off it’s first-ever event in Pan Atlantic University, Lagos State, Nigeria, with the goal to establish this club across West Africa.

Contents generated from each club will be minted under Blaqk Stereo Mintbase store and the revenue will be distributed to the creative / artist’s wallet. 10% of funds gotten from the sales of the NFTs will be used in aiding these creatives to purchase equipment for a better learning experience. This 10% will go to the dedicated club wallet.

We will be doing this in partnership with Lagos State Ministry of Education and as we expand, Near Tribe will be established in Universities in other states and countries.

Breakdown Of Event

• The first event will be held in Pan Atlantic University, Lagos State.
  • Introduction to Web 3 and Near protocol
  • Training in digital art and 2D animation
  • AMA session
  • Talent discovery
  • Wallet activation and establishment of school club wallet
  • Appointment of Pan Atlantic University Near Tribe Officials.

Duration
This entire event from planning to inception will take a week duration.

Budget
Requesting a sum of $1,140 to successfully complete this event.

Description Cost ($)
Graphics including Near tribe logo design 100
Near cover letter magazine for (LG) 100
Refreshments for the event (Food and drinks) 300
Near Tribe Booklet for 100 club members ($3 per copy) 300
Sound for event 100
Facilitator 100
Branded Near tribe T-shirts for 3 club officials ($5 per shirt) 15
Logistics (transportation) 25
Banner print 2x ($50 for a banner) 100
Total 1140

@marketingdao-council @Dacha

6 Likes

Hello @Hawwal, thank you for the proposal. You seems mentioned to established a club, what will be the club activities? how many initiate members?

Can you elaborate more about this? what kind of event are you going to organize? how many people intended to join? when is it?

Is this a contest? can you give more detail on this?

1 Like

Thanks for your review @williamx
The club activities would be about

• Having weekly meetings on the new happenings in web3 and the Near protocol.
  • Having some fun and games with rewards
  • Organizing of art contests
  • Outreaches to fellow students

We estimate to have a minimum of 20 students on its start up in this university and over time, the numbers will grow.

The event is a formal introduction / orientation of web3 and the establishment of the Near Tribe. We will be reaching out first to the Department of arts in this institution which in coming months, we would grow to other departments.
The entire population is the school is over 400 students so we are looking to invite a minimum of a 100 students. The event will be held in the school’s auditorium.
A date for this will be fixed as soon as we’ve received confirmation from the ministry of education as well as the school authorities.

This is not a contest, it’s a social club. Lemme use a case study of Ikoyi Club of Lagos. this is an association where the elite come together to socialize, connect and make new partnerships. They organize events and contest on some occasions but their main purpose to build a community of the same class of individuals, sharing and growing together. Another example is
Polo club of lagos
We are trying to plant these Near tribe clubs or cells in each university whereby we provide information for them in which they can pick and grow with. And we want this cells to be established in these schools in such a way that, after a set graduates, the graduating students would pass on the information to the current students in the system that way keeping the tribe in posterity.

We are trying to provide a bases where creatives in institutions can build a fellowship where like minded people like themselves can come together, connect, share knowledge about web3, gain new partnerships, grow and receive rewards on certain occasions for their crafts that they wouldn’t normally receive on their own.

1 Like

Hi @Hawwal, thank you. Will the members onboarded?

This is online or offline? where will it take place?

I don’t think NEAR should spend money on rewards for a club of students to have some fun and games if we don’t know the value added to the community. Given the fact that this is a new club, how it is related to Blaqk Stereo DAO?

1 Like

Hi @williamx
it’s funny you ask this question “Will the members be onboarded?”. of course, all club members must be onboarded. it’s written in the proposal. The meetings will be offline, they will be held on their campuses, and a detailed report will, however, be given on a weekly bases after each meeting with photographic evidence.

You are very right, Near shouldn’t spend on this and I never said near would spend on this. The only funding Near would be spending would be on this orientation bringing near to the campus after which, the contest, quiz, and other activities will be funded from the revenue made from their NFTs. Blaqk stereo Dao goal is to organize events to bring creatives from all fields. Now, this is just a step in the path we have clearly paved. we want Near to have a foothold in each campus/institution thereby expanding our reach.

Hi there,

Just want to confirm because onboarding people is not a simple & easy step, the reason I asked is to know more if those belongs to part of any on-chain community. Photographic report is great, however you can’t say you onboard people with just offline meetings, they should belong to some on-chain group to operate within the ecosystem.

You may feel I’m asking too much, but I want to open discussions so that your proposal can be stronger for reviewing.

I just want to help you save your time by respond to you very quickly with questions to build up the proposal (because I like the I idea, which has potential to introduce new young people to NEAR). I want to inform that an offline event to introduce a new club and meet students to introduce web3 and Near Protocol falls under Marketing Vertical.

Kindly tag @Dacha for your advise here.

You can refer to some similar proposal here and revise accordingly, submit the proposal under Marketing vertical by changing the tag and working with Marketing DAO council then:

5 Likes

Hello @williamx
You have spoken well.
I have had several projects that involved onboarding and each time has been a learning experience for me. I won’t say I know it all but I have found a really great means how to onboard people with ease and that is through airdrop links.
absolutely, each campus will have a group with their Twitter page and all but the main purpose of this is to establish something strong that will last not just some random event that after onboarding them, they did just be wallets presented and there is no foundation for grooming them. You must agree with me that online has its limitations as much as its advantages, these campuses will be part of the blaqk stereo groups and social media pages, as well as their campus Near tribe groups but they will also have physical gatherings weekly to meet with themselves and share. I can refer this to the marketing vertical but I bet the creatives Dao in particular will greatly benefit from this project cause this one is designed to last. I see new Dao’s being created from just this single move and a more rapid and sustainable Near growth in west Africa through this initiative. However, if you insist, I could refer this to the marketing vertical and see what they have to say.

1 Like

Hi @Hawwal,

Glad you bear this, totally agree!

We all do our best to generate value to the ecosystem as a whole. Please do & Marketing councils will have necessary inputs with their expertise & experience. Besides, please revise the main proposal accordingly. Glad to help! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Hi @williamx
Thanks for the reply. I will do as advised. :slight_smile:

Hi @Dacha tagging you for visibility on this. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @satojandro @cryptocredit tagging for visibility

Good evening! Could you please fill out the form ? Thank You

3 Likes

Hi @Dacha would do that right away

1 Like

Hello, @Dacha Here is a link to the google spreadsheet as requested. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You! Happy to support! Have a great day.

2 Likes

Also happy to support

1 Like

@cryptocredit thanks so much for the support

Thanks so much @Dacha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Hawwal can you clarify for me what the NFTs you’re planning to mint are? You mentioned contents in the proposal. What contents?

Can you let us know if you are receiving Community funding for any other projects you are involved right now?

What team members will be working on this project with you?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @so608 thanks for the feedback.

• The contents I mentioned above are the contents the creatives in the clubs will be creating after we have introduced them to the Near protocol and established Near Tribe in their school. The NFTs are basically arts or physical items like sculptures they create which would be sold as unlockables.

• Yeah sure, there are projects that I’m involved in that will be be receiving funding from the creatives dao through “Blaqk stereo July Budget”

• For this project I will be working along side with @BennyB & @TIMI in the execution of this project.

Thanks

2 Likes