[Approved] NADA DAO second budget request (September, 2022)

Our introduction: [Introduction] NADA DAO
Previous report: [REPORT] NADA DAO monthly report - August, 2022

NADA Management Team
@aandz (aandz.near)
@bagadefente (bagadefente.near)
@anacmoura (anacmoura.near)

Target wallet: nada.sputnik-dao.near
KYC: bagadefente.near

PREVIOUSLY, ON NADA DAO…

Hello, Mods!

As you can see in our previous report, most of our proposals were affected by the late receipt of the approved funds (received only after it was posted). But, always trying to look on the bright side of things (something that Monty Python teached us), this made us rethink our way of acting as DAO — which seems a nice thing to do when we’re beginning something new as we are — and that’s something I’d like to share with you in this funding request.

Most of our intended projects and proposals include production and/or material costs, as you will see below. I developed projects with other DAOs and some of them are based on more intellectual and time-consuming tasks, which — speaking from myself — most of the times I’m able to manage and execute even before receiving the funds (even that’s being something essential for this, allowing me to allocate quality work time to do that). \

But sometimes, when we need services from other professionals, companies, or when we need to pay for things like material for a workshop, food for an IRL event and things like that, we need to have the funds (or at least part of it) in advance. I don’t know how those things work in other countries, but here in Brazil it’s how things usually are.

That said, what we are proposing is to present now in September action we are planning to do in October, and so on. We will surely keep fully working on our DAO, as we have a lot to do to get things up and running. I know that this can look different than how other Creative’s DAOs are working, but many of them are DAOs based on incentive for creative/artistic works that helps to spread the blockchain’s existence to the world — which is very, VERY important, and a huge differential from NEAR. But, in our case, just like others onboarded initiatives, we’re trying to build a new way to do creative business, mostly (but not only) related to book publishing.

Once again, this change doesn’t mean that we will only work after the funds arrive, quite the contrary: we will keep working and be paid later, like we did on our first month, but this will allow us to work with more planning, effectiveness and ​​meeting the proposed deadlines with the quality we value in our projects.

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

This is better explained in our August report, but we’re having a change in our DAO team, with one member leaving us after this month. Our intention is to bring two more people to work with us, probably one already inside and other to be onboarded on the Near ecosystem.

These two people will have specific duties, we all will be thinking together how to accomplish our goals, but even intending to be and build a horizontal company, and we’ve been working this way since before became a DAO, we do have different roles based on previous experience, dedicated time and kind of work (strategical, executives and operational, for instance).

This led us to reflect even on the term “council”, because the way we’re seeing it doesn’t express our reality; that’s why we choose to use “team” instead. At first this may seem like a minor question, but that’s not, because this affects us in different ways, like the payout for our team members, or that we have plans to have another kind of council (explained below) in the near future (no pun intended). The name council brings a more equal situation, with fair distributed duties, responsibilities and payouts, that’s not our DAO management reality (at least at this moment).

To make things more transparent, inspired by this post from VN Artists DAO, we made our own team work breakdown. You can see that our core position, with already defined people, are more elaborated; that’s why we’re going to refine the roles of the other positions with the selected ones. If/when needed, this can be reviewed and changed according to engagement, assumed tasks and other criteria.

Then there’s the “council” we intend to create soon, a group of people initially formed by our previous published authors that will help us in some editorial decisions, like selecting the books to be published on our future open calls.

FINALLY, OUR OCTOBER PLANS

Hoping that what was presented above made sense to you, we’ll now share our plans for this requested budget. Here’s the list of projects and actions:

1. [PROPOSAL] The BlockChat (October, 2022) — submitted by @bagadefente (500 usd in DAI)

2. [PROPOSAL] Graffiti Workshop and virtual exhibition with Consp — submitted by @larachangs (900 usd in DAI)

3. [PROPOSAL] Festival of ‘Nightlifer’ Dramaturgy - 20 years of Burlesque Nightlifers - E-BOOKS — submitted by @pvpreviatto (630 usd in DAI)

4. [PROPOSAL] Small batch of print runs — submitted by @aandz (170 usd in DAI)

5. [PROPOSAL] Press Office services — submitted by @com.tato (200 usd in DAI)

6. DAO management team — 600 DAI (equally split between members)

Total Requested Funding Amount: 3,000 usd in DAI

DELIVERIES, BENEFITS, METRICS

According to this proposal we intend to:

• Onboarding and create around 20 wallets among artists, researches, writers, media professionals and general public
  • Support a project from an in-process of creation DAO
  • Mint at least 27 NFTs (07 ebooks and 20 artworks, mostly on Mintbase, but maybe some on Paras)
  • Giveaway at least 20 NFTs (including more wallets creation, if needed)
  • Make 05 live transmissions (03 dramatical readings and 02 talk-show episodes), reaching approximately 40 live visualizations on each (200 in total, around 500 over a month)
  • To impact around 120-150 people with our three-day in-person event proposal
  • Start to publicize our existence as a DAO (consequently, the whole Near ecosystem) on Brazilian media vehicles using our press office strategies

Feel free to leave comments, send suggestions or ask anything.

Thank you,
NADA DAO team

7 Likes

as we’re close to the deadline for submissions, I’m tagging the @creativesdao-council for more visibility.

thanks =)

4 Likes

Dear Nada DAO,
Happy to inform you that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, and it is approved by the Community Moderators.
Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao, so the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts.
Also, feel free to join our Discord Server to Post Your Monthly Reports and Funding Proposals for better organization.

To become more transparent in the decision making I’d like to note some highlights why your proposal has been approved:

• proposal follows our guidelines,
  • a realistic metrics, with the clear next steps,
  • a fair price table proposition,
  • activities focused on the DAOs growth, education, culture, and community.
4 Likes

It always a nice and stimulant surprise receive your approvals, so I thank you, @paul and the other Creatives’ mods :pray:t4:

Thanks, let’s keep growing together! :shamrock:

2 Likes