[Approved] Launch of Near Mexico City Meet Ups & Nodes

Hey @Montero – sorry this was your experience. We are always looking to improve processes, so the feedback is very helpful. Thank you for posting.

For you or anyone who is reading this in the future, the next steps & payment instructions (KYC, Google form, links, etc.) are available in the post pinned at the top of the Forum and we encourage anyone who needs help to reach out directly to any of us on the council. Council members are:

@so608 @Klint @satojandro @cryptocredit @Dacha

Thanks and have a good weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you @so608 :smiley:

Sorry for the bluntness. I´m generally pretty direct. Also I have had multiple bad experiences with the leadership team of NEAR Hispano. So that affected my response. I wrote a private message to Alejando to communicate this in more detail to him. Which is what I should have done to begin with. Only replied on here to the relevant issue of being confused about the process.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Martin

Good evening! Looking forward to seeing report . Thanks
Cc: @Montero

1 Like

Howdy y’all,

Here is an update. Given where the Web3 world is at. We made a shift from general meetups and onboarding to focus on fostering the builder community. Partnering with key partners to help us with this. The only way to get out of a bear market is to build products and services of deep and long-term value. That is how you build a strong, healthy, and legitimate market.

1. We hosted a dinner with Edge & Node (The 1st protocol to integrate with The Graph was NEAR) https://twitter.com/Montero/status/1537824573873340416?t=_59GyDflKYlUUG2FT1vnSA&s=09

2, We hosted a meetup and a lunch with the Build Space team. In order to start creating more worships to support folks who want to learn to build. https://twitter.com/fiavera_/status/1544139571511836672

1. We introduced the Robotos NFT team to the Mintbase team and we are working collaboration between Rotobotos & Cine Tonala using Mintbase & MintTkts. Doing workshops there for creatives in film, music, and gaming.

2. We supported the 1st event of the Web3 community in Merida, Espacio Cripto: Merida. with a $250 USD sponsorship to support their local builders. Espacio Cripto Mérida - Google Slides

I have just been given a VIP ticket to https://www.tractionconf.io/ as a guest of launch VC. In Vancouver. To present our work & strategy for Web3 Builders in México City & the Vancouver tech bridge.

More info & details later.

cc: @Dacha

Thank you kindly!

Martin.

2 Likes

Hello Martin, congratulations on your proposal approval, count with me for Meetups help, I live in Queretaro, but I can help to create the community in CDMX.

Best
Nacho

Thanks for the report and update - totally agree with your sentiment about:

BlockquoteGiven where the Web3 world is at. We made a shift from general meetups and onboarding to focus on fostering the builder community. Partnering with key partners to help us with this. The only way to get out of a bear market is to build products and services of deep and long-term value. That is how you build a strong, healthy, and legitimate market.

2 Likes

@Dacha,

2 more updates:

1. We are going to a conference in a nearby state about the Metaverse to talk about Blockchain & Crypto integration. Also to offer rust courses to Web2 devs.

2. We are partnering with a Hacker House & Lounge during ETH Mexico.

1 Like