[Approved] DiscoverbOS The B.O.S reference from resources to marketing - Q4

Preface

Hello BOS community and @marketingdao-council

I’m happy to share with you what we’ve prepared for our first proposal under the upcoming project: DiscoverBOS.Our targeted marketing channels include content creation, social media management, tutorials, advertising, and community giveaways.

But before we get into it, let me introduce you to our project.

:people_hugging: [1. ABOUT US]

Who are we ?

DiscoverBOS is a project at the core of the nascent BOS ecosystem, bridging creativity and communities. Our mission is to empower builders and users to design their own digital spaces in the open web, by offering a curated world of user-friendly tools, projects, resources, and events tailored just for them.
Imagine shaping the future of online culture, where you have the power to design your own decentralized space, an opportunity to be at the forefront of a new era in digital expression and connection.

Team

Ola- Project Lead
James - Developer Relations
Elliot - Lead Developer
Sun - Head of Content
PlugRel - Component/Project Library Curation
Manza - Developer
Zeeshan- Back-end Developer
Nicole -Front end Designer
Elijah - Product Developer

Core Contributors
Kent
Robert

:scroll: 2. PREVIOUS PROPOSALS

We are launching this month.This is our first proposal*

:bow_and_arrow: 3. MDAO KPI’s

Our goal is to become the official reference of BOS. We want the first time users to discover BOS through our gateway for a seamless experience.

We are Everything. Picture a blend of Wikipedia’s knowledge, Google’s search functionalities, and MySpace’s community, all on the BOS platform.

By our intrinsic design we intend to achieve the key dao objectives as follow :arrow_heading_down:

Increase the number of devs

•Providing high value insights and visuals displaying the unique advantages of developing on BOS.
•Participate in ‘’external’’ devs communities.
•Write the content that will serve as future workshop where devs can learn about BOS.
•Produce high quality and valuable video tutorials of the buildOS segment
•Actively reach out to devs on GitHub and talk about BOS’ React.

Increase number of activity on chain and BOS

•Promote through visuals and friendly content
•Create video tutorials on how any user can leverage DiscoverbOS
•Provide rewards or incentives for users who actively engage with the platform

Increase number of tools on BOS

•Make exclusive content BOS related on any grants and hackathon
•Showcase the library of tools to inspire builders
•Make soft SDK’s for average devs to onboard on BOS

Increase number of people aware of BOS

•Solidifying cross-partnership in NEAR
•Hiring ambassadors to propel the word in various communities
•Create high value curated content
•Promote Use Cases for Non-Technical Users via engaging visual posts and social games

We are not requesting retroactive funding, as we view ourselves as passionate contributors to the ecosystem. We genuinely anticipate onboarding a substantial number of users on BOS by Q1 2024. To achieve this, we require funding to assemble a structured team for our extensive content production; achieving this goal alone would not be sustainable nor respect our ethos.

:bar_chart: 4.METRICS

Following our rebrand, our Twitter page has experienced a 9.22% increase in impressions. Notably, we’ve been working within tight financial constraints, funding content creation personally. At present, expanding our team of creators is limited. Our primary goal is to achieve a minimum of 40,000 impressions on our Twitter page for October. At the same time, we are diligently working on creating a substantial library of tutorials and guides that will serve as the foundation for our launch. These resources should be actively shared and promoted across all platforms by the end of November or early December.

We also expect to use our personal twitter account for more impressions, which should help in our goal to achieve the KPI’s.

:motorway: 5. ROADMAP

Detailed roadmap Q4

:palm_up_hand: 6. FUND REQUESTED

Fund Request: $9,949

Justification:

• The funds will primarily be allocated towards content creation, devs engagement, and marketing efforts to accelerate DiscoverBOS’s growth.

Budget Breakdown:

• Content Creation (Video Tutorials, Visuals, Threads, Post, Written Content ): $6,500
  • Developer Engagement (Workshops, Community Outreach): $1,800
  • Marketing (Ambassador Program, Cross-Ecosystem Partnerships): $1,500
  • Typefully: Creator plan: $149

Milestones and Deliverables:

• Produce a minimum 5 high-quality video tutorials showcasing the advantages of developing on BOS.
  • Conduct 1 successful workshops in external developer communities, demonstrating the potential of BOS for their projects.
  • Create a minimum of 15 visually engaging and informative posts promoting DiscoverBOS.
  • Reach out to and engage with developers on GitHub to discuss BOS’s React integration.
  • Implement an ambassador program, recruiting and training 3 ambassadors to spread awareness of BOS in various communities.

Return on Investment:

• Anticipate a 15% increase in developer onboarding and commits on BOS within 6 months, leading to a more robust and vibrant ecosystem.
  • Anticipate discoverbOS to be a top 5 gateway by the end of Q4 2023 and reach over 5000 visits by mid-Q1.

Possible Mitigations:

• Risk: Limited reach due to budget constraints.
    • Mitigation: Prioritize high-impact activities and leverage partnerships to maximize exposure.
  • Risk: Delay in content production or workshops.
    • Mitigation: Allocate sufficient time for planning and execution, with buffer periods for unforeseen circumstances or difficulty recruiting committed valuable creators
  • Risk: Limited effectiveness of ambassador program.
    • Mitigation: Provide comprehensive training and clear KPIs for ambassadors, with regular check-ins and support.

By allocating funds strategically, we aim to accelerate BOS’s growth, solidify our position as the leading reference for BOS, and drive increased engagement and activity within the ecosystem.Funding us means financing all the other ecosystems within NEAR. Our goal is to create synergy around BOS through our gateway. The impact of this investment will be tracked through KPIs, ensuring a measurable return on investment. We are the relay point for all NEAR projects and communities.

• :inbox_tray: discoverbos.near

In closing, DiscoverBOS is AwesomeNear2.0, it represents a dynamic leap into the future of decentralized experiences, poised to transform the way we interact with the digital world. It will play a major role in user retention as it offers an intuitive user experience for any type of individual from the builder to the regular enthusiast. Our goal is to massively contribute to the 1B users onboarding to BOS.

Thank you for your consideration @marketingdao-council

For any question it’ll be pleasure to answer on TG: sun03life or Twitter :sun_with_face:

10 Likes

This is a well laid out proposal.:gem:

I have personally seen the quality of posts you guys have been putting out lately.

The metrics are visible.

Would love to see the council support this initiative.

4 Likes

Hi Sun,

Excited to see a proposal that brings together several of the most active BOS developers to create content. It is a well known fact that we (community in general) have been struggling to identify the core value proposition of BOS and to communicate it in a way that both reaches the target audience (developers) and is actionable (technical).

My only question would be: is there an overlap, or could some elements of this proposal be directed at DevHub instead? I’m thinking perhaps the Workshops (Hackabox) and the Ambassadors components (Travelling Dev Rels). This line of thinking is mostly around finding the most optimal way to allocate resources from the best source available, specially acknowledging that MDAO has had some budget limitations.

Overall, I am excited to see this proposal and support it! Would encourage MDAO Council to take a similar favourable view, perhaps reviewing some of the amounts and deliverables as they may see fit

2 Likes

Hi Satojandro,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our proposal. Interventions like these, which contribute to the growth of our project and community as a whole, are always appreciated.

I’d like to start by mentioning that the ambassador program is a component of our roadmap closely tied to marketing. I’m not sure if you’re aware of programs like the ones utilized by other projects such as Popula and Meta Pool to expand awareness of their projects within multiple communities. The goal is to hire individuals whom we carefully train on the benefits of bOS so they can spread the word in their respective communities. As far as I’m concerned, this has absolutely nothing to do with DevHub, unless they’ve changed their focus in the types of activities they support.

Addressing your second concern, Satojandro, about the workshop; Let me highlight one of the KPIs for the MDAO in October:

-Increasing the number of active Developers

Do you know a more effective way to attract developers than inviting one to showcase our product on our social medias?
Additionally, it’s crucial to recognize a facet often overlooked about workshops: their dual function as both educational and marketing tools. Their versatility is evident in the fact that workshops not only foster connections within our community but also generate a wealth of content, ranging from photos and videos to testimonials and case studies.
This content can be repurposed for future marketing efforts. We plan on using it for our libraries, but also as a marketing segment on our social media platforms. Our workshop should be engaging and appealing to both developers and users.If non-technical users find the content appealing, it could potentially motivate them to delve deeper into learning how to develop on BOS. I believe you know better than anyone …

Furthermore, I share the expectation that the MDAO will be able to manage its budget constraints by prioritizing the actual potential for return that each project has to offer, while achieving the four KPIs for the month of October. This should benefit the entire ecosystem while also having positive effects on other members of the BOS community. Our project is community-driven and doesn’t target just one individual. We expect our content to help others to try BOS and spread the word on BOS.

I believe our proposal adequately addresses all the KPIs for October, and no overlap applies in this scenario. The presented roadmap is clear and aims to encourage people such as devs and users to onboard onto bOS.

Sun
:sun_with_face:

1 Like

i support this initiative

1 Like

Thank you for your proposal

Please read our most recent update and make sure you are aligned with [Marketing (Eco) DAO October's funding round]. (Marketing (Eco) DAO October's funding round)

Is it just for the month of October or for the entire quarter?

Hello @Bakaka ,

Thank you for requiring us for the latest updates.
In reponse to the new Key Metrics our strategy doesn’t change significantly.

The DiscoverBOS team believes that with the funding, we will be able to allocate the resources to improve account retention on both social media and DiscoverBOS.org itself. The initial plan would be as follows:

•Engaging Content: Create and share engaging, valuable content that keeps users interested and coming back. This include videos, tutorials, and other forms of educational and entertaining material.

•Personalization: Personalize the user experience as much as possible. Use data to tailor content and recommendations to the individual user’s preferences and behavior, which is what DiscoverBOS aims to do, offer every possibilities to the user to design and shape his own experience.

•Onboarding: Ensure a smooth and informative onboarding process for new users. Our team applied for the FastAuth SDK Beta for a seamless onboarding experience for our new users

•Regular Updates: We plan on keeping our social platforms and product fresh with regular updates and improvements.

•Feedback and Support: Offer easy ways for users to provide feedback through polls and support on our social platforms like TG and Twitter

•Gamification: Introducing rewards and giveaways to keep users engaged and motivated.

The DiscoverBOS team also believes that with the funding, we will be able to implement measures to reduce acquisition costs. The plan would be as follows:

•Optimize Landing Page: Our team is extensively working on the landing page to optimize the conversion rate of visitors into users.

•Content Partnerships: Collaborate with other communities from NEAR ecosystem for mutual beneficial partnerships that can help acquire new users.

•Social Media Advertising: Use social media advertising platforms, like X and TG (for now), to reach a large and relevant audience at a low cost.

•Ambassador program: Partner with ambassadors to promote discoverBOS to their communities

•Targeted Advertising: Invest in targeted campaigns to reach the right audience. This reduces costs by focusing spending on potential customers.

The DiscoverBOS team again believes that with the funding, we will be able to implement measures to improve the median number of dApps used by P95 accounts. Our plan would execute as follows:

•Diverse DApps: Promote a diverse range of dApps, gateways and components within our platform. DiscoverBOS offers the options to attract a variety of users, either they are looking for DeFi or NFT’s projects or simply to learn on BOS, or connect with people, DiscoverBOS is the product for everyone. Builders, users or just crypto enthusiast will find all the informations needed in our curated resources.

•Interoperability: Ensure that the dapps, gateways and components showcased on our platforms are made in a way that allows users to seamlessly switch between them.

•Tutorials: Create comprehensive tutorials and guides on how to use the BOS

The DiscoverBOS team believes that with the funding, we will be able to implement measures to improve the social engagement. This segment completes the measures that we’ll apply for the acquisition cost reduction as the plan would be as follows:

•Analytics: Use X and TG analytics tools to track the social engagement score and adjust our strategy accordingly. We plan on analyzing data and user feedback to refine our approach and measures and consider experimenting with different tactics to optimize even more.

So far, October has been a great start for us. We plan to launch our product in November and anticipate that the funding will enable us to expand our content and create guides and tutorials.
This proposal is designed to cover October and November. We would like to leave the door open for December and assess how November progresses before making a commitment to the sufficiency of this proposal for the entire quarter.

We hope that we’ve answered accordingly to your needs and wish you a nice beginning of the week.

Thank you for your consideration @marketingdao-council

For any question it’ll be pleasure to answer on TG: sun03life or Twitter :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Hi @Sun thanks for the proposal – from my point of view, this aligns with the KPIs set out for the community by the NDC, and I agree that workshops have a dual educational and marketing function that has the potential to create significant/compounded impact. This is also a well-presented proposal that builds on an initiative that previously existed in the community and I believe we need to reimplement in an updated format.

This initiative is coming from a solid team, and I would like to support you in getting this off the ground. I note that you’ve said this is intended for Oct/Nov – Oct is essentially over (as if approved, funding will not be remitted until November), so I would think this request would need to cover the rest of Q4. In any case, in a scenario like this where the development and production process is a little uncertain (which is understandable), what the MarketingDAO council will need to review in order to consider future funding is real milestones, metrics, etc. to show how the funding has been used in support of ecosystem growth before considering future funding. I mention that so, if this is approved by council majority, your team can keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying and echoing what @so608 mentioned.

You have my full support.

@Sun Could you please update the proposal to include the rest of the quarter?

1 Like

Hello @Sun

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi @Sun thank you for submitting a clear and detailed proposal that, in my opinion aligns well with the current KPIs. I note your replies to comments from council and the community and am happy to support. Now moving to Approved

1 Like

Good morning Lorraine,

The proposal to change the duration of the allocation from October-November to November-December, covering the entire Q4, was recognized as something logic by the team. We have changed the title from OCT. to Q4. The same goals and tasks will remain.

We are also delighted to learn that you support us in our project and are excited about the opportunity to turn this support into a tangible and beneficial project for the various communities within our ecosystem.

Thank you @so608 @Bakaka @Dacha @cryptocredit and the others.

Sun

1 Like

Dear Marketing (Eco) DAO contributor, your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO. The approved proposal included in October’s request to NDC Trust.

Please advise that during this transition period (NDC v0-v1), the following applications’ approval procedure:

1. :green_circle: October 21 - 25th time for proposals from the Community, updates accordingly to NDC Metrics;
  2. :green_circle: October 26 reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (House of Merit , CoA, NDC trust);
  3. :yellow_circle: October 27-31st, House of Merit (HOM) will review your proposal;
  4. :red_circle: October 31 – HOM will vote for your proposal on-chain;
  5. :red_circle: November 1, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to COA to vote on-chain;
  6. :red_circle: November 2nd-6th – CoA will review your proposal and vote on-chain (can veto);
  7. Once the CoA gives its approval, the NDC Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC KYC Request Form (if not yet)
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. please get in touch with me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.
1 Like

Dear @Sun!
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023

1 Like