PotLock is a funding platform with direct donations & onchain referrals completely built on BOS. In Q1 we will be rolling quadratic funding rounds in which donations from verified humans will be matched. The following proposal is asking to go completely to redistribution to Creative communities in one of the first pilot rounds.
- Create new funding mechanisms for creatives outside of bottom down proposal approach, rather than top down funding by council
- Drive external capital outside of NEAR Foundation & NDC to creative communities
- Setup project profiles for creatives community
- SIgn up more humans and improve NDC sybil resistance
- pilot first quadratic funding on NEAR
- Create engage for onchain activity through direct donations, matched amounts
- Reinforce narrative of creatives dao supporting new funding mechanisms and public goods in the space
- Create social media hype sharing through social.near contract
- Gauge how much support each creatives community has and use as reputation in future funding rounds
- Enroll projects to get year round donations and not be dependent on entirely CDAO funding
To this date
- We have direct donations live with onchain referrals
- 25+ projects registered
- 100 unique donations
- Quadratic funding contracts done
- Team of Ops Lead, Architect/PM Researchers, Full Stack Dev, and Designers
- Proof of Regen SBT & BOS Dashboard
- 270+ telegram
- 500+ followers on NEAR Impact and Potlock
- 2 week round
- Application Period Start of January 1st - 14, round from January 15-30rd
$5,000-$10,000 to go entirely to redistribution to rounds: Up to your discretion, considering that all will be reallocated to creatives dao communities building public goods
PotLock and NEAR Impact has never received funding before from Creatives DAO, GenaDrop and Minority Programmers team has. This is a separate entity.
300 unique donations
20 creatives projects onboarded
300 posts on social.near from funding
10,000 + social media impressions
$1,500 raised in external donations (Expecting at least 15% generated through external funding)
300+ accounts (that are high value as they donate)
$17-$33 donor acquisition costs (not including project acquisition cost) (from Total Budget $5,000-$10,000)
Expecting easily 10,000+ social media impressions score from twitter alone with over 300 posts also on BOS. Expecting 600+ on chain engagements from this post form not only official PotLock & NEAR Impact accounts, but donors, project pages and project founders.
We are expecting that projects actively engage their community to donate (thus bringing value to the chain) in order to get funding rounds. Additionally in the future this will serve as. We will be guiding projects and profiles on how to sync twitter with BOS, and utilize our share feature to gain egnagement on BOS.
- Create a project today at potlock.io/app
- More about potlock docs.potlock.io
- Join our telegram at nearimpact.org/telegram
- All payment shall be given to DAO Wallet on approval
- Facilitating this round will be Plug who is working with CDAO projects to build public goods. He will not be taking anything for the facilitation of this round.
- For more about the team check out nearimpact.org. Our team consists of people with product, development, community, and venture experience. As well as building green, Web3, and fintech.