Vital Point AI (NEAR Guild) is building Catalyst - a DAOaaS with social/community features on NEAR. Targeting non-technical users interested in exploring how a DAO (without knowing what a DAO is) can help them build and nurture a loyal community around a common cause. Already Included or on the roadmap:
- Base DAO configurations that are customizable by DAO proposal (democracy, oligarchy, plutocracy, republic, autocracy)
- Integrated NEAR wallet
- Ability to build a persona (decentralized identity) around a NEAR account that can then interact as that persona with DAOs of choice
- DAO discoverability - makes it easy for people to find and participate in DAOs based on interest, values, beliefs
- Everything occurs in app using decentralized technologies (i.e, Ceramic network (IDX), NEAR, IPFS)
- Ability to build up reputation value via DAO specific fungible tokens (tradeable) (social tokens)
- DAO specific NFT capabilities
Our goal is to provide a platform with open web/web 3.0 functionality that feels like the Web 2.0 applications people are used to using. NEAR makes that possible.
open source - all the components that make up the platform will be available to extend for use in other projects.
Has been in development for several months - considerable headway already made - just need to accelerate it towards a MVP - potential to have another useful offering on NEAR that could attract significant attention in relatively short period of time.
when each modular component reaches suitable state of functionality, Vital Point AI intends to use them as projects in educational material on Vital Point Academy to assist with growing the number of developers building on NEAR using AssemblyScript.
Any contracts automatically become composable parts of the NEAR ecosystem, to be used according to the specifications in the contract (e.g., did registry)
Intend to integrate Catalyst and educational material around DAOs with the Open Web Conference and subsequent build phase (sponsor bounties for Catalyst development in relation to DAO build track)
would suggest the end-state of this project will bring new users to the NEAR ecosystem - not because they want to build a DAO - but because it’s going to solve the problems they are having managing their communities in a unique and very open web way.
- small, but active, NEAR Guild operating since June 2020 (Vital Point Guild until recently)
- Paralog - hackathon project for Ready Layer One
- VP DAO - ported Moloch V2 to NEAR for Hack the Rainbow
- NEAR Educational Material - Vital Point Academy - such as in depth dives on NEAR Accounts, NEAR Keys, Textile/NEAR Integration, and much more to come.
- Several RUST to AssemblyScript contract translations (MultiSig, Voting, Whitelist, Sputnik DAO/Factory)
- Active in the NEAR community/ecosystem (as much as possible)
- Encourage you to review Vital Point AI’s monthly contribution reports in the Guild category for more details.
75% targeted for development (~1800 tokens), 25% for project management (PM). (700 tokens). Not possible for PM to dip into development funds. If additional PM funding is required, will require an addendum proposal.
- intend to use to fund bounties (Sandbox) focused on areas in the Roadmap below.
Voting and quorum thresholds:
<2K$ - 1X Yes - no minimum quorum (* quorum defined as min number of members needed for the vote to be valid)
2-10K$ - 2X Yes - no min quorum
10-30K$ - 3X Yes - min quorum 4 of 7 - 4X members should vote in either direction
Above 30K$ requires Erik or Illia’s additional approval (Head of NF/Chairman of NFC)
Above 100K$ requires NEAR Foundation Council approval