November proposed budget
Please note that I am editing this proposal as it was deferred from October because of the marketing vertical sputnikdao inefficiencies. Refer to [BUDGET] Marketing Vertical DAO Budget Request for November 2021
Further note that there a few developments regarding our Legal registration. Our paper work is already underway. However, the Uganda Registration Services Bureau(URBS) mandated us to have a running website. I will therefore add this cost on the registration budget.
Bearing in mind that this budget is a continuation of our initial proposal with 4 milestones, this is our proposed budget for November.
It is also worthwhile to be updated with our Guild Monthly report (September), also milestone one for purposes of transparency.
• With advice from the Sankore and NPK Guilds, the Blockchain Club of Uganda found it inevitable to register with the National Registration Bureau.
• This has impelled us to take this importantly in the smooth running of our guild activities.
• Therefore, our monthly budget will include registration and tax dues.
• This will require us a budget of $1200
• As already noted above, we shall add $1300 for a website, which is a prerequisite to register with URBS
• The sub total for this is $2500
• In reference to our September milestone, we came to realize that we need some equipment in execution of our work.
• These include Projector set and a portable public address system. This is because we realized we shall hold future events in some facilities that lack such equipment.
• We shall also need a wide pull up banner to elect at our events.
This is a breakdown of these costs.
Projector Screen 80
Portable PAS 300
Sub total 1900
Note here, for further clarity, that this equipment will be purchased once and will be used for the rest of the Guild events.
November Workshop( Was carried forward)
• In fulfillment of our Guild proposed 4 months mile stone, we shall hold a workshop with the National Information and Technology Authority (NITA) for our second milestone.
• We found it befitting to consider this group as a priority because the government is in its preliminaries of laying down a legal framework to regulate blockchain and cryptography which will need a great deal of benchmarking.
• We hope to position our guild strategically to be involved in this cause.
• This will equally imply being involved in future blockchain based research. We shall therefore engage NITA in a workshop this month.
• This event will target the formal sector including government bureaucrats, bankers, and researchers.
• We shall also take the audience through creating Near wallets
• A total of $500 will be distributed to the audience on their newly opened Near Wallets.
For reference, this was our September event BCU Guild Convention - Google Drive
This event will cost us $2000
Maintaining Near Local Social Media handles and channels.
• We have social media channels for twitter and telegram where we share Near related content, articles and announces in both English and the major dialects (Kiswahili and Luganda). Telegram: Contact @BlockchainClubUg https://twitter.com/BlockchainClubU
• These channels are managed and handled by the Blockchain Club of Uganda Head of Communications.
• Added to social media maintenance, we have established close relationships with mainstream media. We are on the look to maintain these relations.
This will cost us $500
• Centering Near at the center of the Uganda Blockchain legal framework
• Having more Ugandans (approximately 50) create Near Wallets.
• Growing our online audience by 30%(twitter and telegram)
• Establishing close relations and Featuring in Mainstream media https://campusbee.ug/news/blockchain-club-of-uganda-to-set-up-blockchain-developers-hub-in-kampala/
• Getting Ugandans to enroll on the Near Academy https://near.academy/
Final November Budget
ITEM COST ($)
Guild Registration + Website 2500
Workshop (milestone 2) 2000
Social Media 500
Guild Equipment 1900
Total 6,900 (690N 1N = $10 at time of posting)
Target wallet: bcuganda.sputnik-dao.near