[APPLICATION] Programa de Bolsas Artísticas 3 - comofas.near

Olá equipe da IncubadoraDAO e toda comunidade! Aqui está a inscrição em português and English (below).

1. Nome e Near ID (Carteira NEAR)

Baruq | comofas.near

2. Localização (cidade e país)

Belo Horizonte, Brasil

3. Contas das redes sociais (se houver)

Baruq Instagram

4. Site ou Portfolio digital quando aplicável

www.baruq.art/ilustracao/

5. Artist Statement - conte-nos sobre a sua prática artística e intenção poética:

Sou ilustrador, tatuador, editor independente e morador de ocupação. Desde o início da pandemia, tenho estive afastado do meu trabalho com tatuagem devido à necessidade do isolamento. Tenho desenvolvido ilustrações e serigrafias no papel, fazendo o caminho inverso do que meu trabalho normalmente demanda: em vez de saltar do papel para a pele, transformo tatuagens em ilustrações, gravuras, imagens digitais e zines. Distribuo meu trabalho em uma loja cooperativa dentro de uma ocupação de moradia e centro social em Belo Horizonte, buscando sempre aliança e apoio entre outros artistas independentes, seja das artes visuais, gráficas ou literárias. Todo meu trabalho até aqui, tem sido autodidata e independente, sem qualquer aporte de bolsas ou incentivos de pesquisa/produção. Priorizo o trabalho manual com caneta e papel, tanto para a tatuagem quanto para confecção de serigrafias. Temas mais recorrentes são a flora, a fauna, a mitologia, os detours e iconoclastias, apropriando-se, recriando e alterando o contexto de símbolos e tradições nas obras de arte.

6. Sinopse do projeto - de que modo esta bolsa contribuirá para o projeto? Que tipo de trabalho artístico está a pensar concluir com esta bolsa?

Pretendo executar o projeto “Rússia dos Trópicos”, onde faço uma releitura de tatuagens russas imortalizadas no livro “Russian Criminal Tattoo” (2004) com elementos e símbolos da cultura popular brasileira atual/tradicional e contraculturas como o punk. Como ainda estou afastado do meu principal trabalho com tatuagem devido as idas e vindas da pandemia no Brasil, pretendo produzir uma série de 3 serigrafias a serem comercializadas como posters e camisetas, e transformadas em renda, mas também 6 imagens digitais a serem disponibilizadas, se possível, como NFT na plataforma IncubadoraDAO. Futuramente, pretendo editar um zine/brochura com as ilustrações e imagens do processo. Essa bolsa será fundamental para poder confeccionar as 3 telas para impressão de serigrafia, papel para receber a impressão, tinta serigráfica e conseguir um novo berço para o processo de estampagem que ficará disponível tanto para mim, quanto para uso coletivo da cooperativa na ocupação onde vivo e trabalho.

7. Exemplos de trabalhos artísticos recentes ou não - max. 4 obras (se já não estiverem disponíveis no portfolio/website/mídias sociais)

Minha última coleção no Vertebra Poject

ENGLISH

1. Name & NEAR Account ID
Baruq | comofas.near

2. Location
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

3. Social media handle(s)
Baruq Instagram 3

4. Website/Online Portfolio if applicable
www.baruq.art/ilustracao/

5. Artist Statement - tell us about your practice and artistic intent:

I am an illustrator, tattoo artist and editor. Since the beginning of the pandemic, I have been away from my tattoo work due to the need for social distancing. I develop illustrations and silkscreens developed on paper, doing the opposite direction of what my work normally requires: instead of jumping from paper to skin, transforming tattoos into illustrations, prints, digital images and zines. I distribute my work in a cooperative shop within a housing occupation (squat) and social center in Belo Horizonte, always seeking alliance and support among other independent artists, whether in the visual, graphic or literary arts. All my work so far has been self-taught and independent, without any grants or research/production incentives. I prioritize manual work with pen and paper for production of either tattoo digital or screen printing. The most recurrent themes are flora, fauna, mythology, deviations and iconoclasm, appropriating, recreating and changing the context of symbols and traditions in works of art.

6. Blurb of Current/Planned Project - what kind of work will this stipend allow you to pursue?

I intend to execute the project “Rússia dos Tropicos”, where I reinterpret Russian tattoos immortalized in the book “Russian Criminal Tattoo” (2004) with elements and symbols of current/traditional Brazilian popular culture and countercultures such as punk. As I am still away from my main tattoo work due to the comings and goings of the pandemic in Brazil, I intend to produce a series of 3 screenprintings to be sold as posters and t-shirts, and be a source of income, but also 6 digital images to be made available, if possible, as NFT on the IncubadoraDAO platform. In the future, I intend to publish a fanzine/brochure with the illustrations and images of the process. This stipend will be essential to be able to make the 3 screens for silkscreen printing, paper to receive the printing, silkscreen ink and to get a new cradle for the printing process that will be available both for me and for collective use by the cooperative in the social center where I live and work.

7. Previous samples of your work - max. 4 pieces (if not already on social media and/or a website or virtual portfolio)

My latest collection on Vertebra Poject 1.

5 Likes

Hey, Baruq! Thanks for your submission!

We hope to announce the results by February 1st. Good lucky :dizzy: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow! This is amazing

Olá, Baruq!

Thanks for your application! We had more participants than ever and the selection process was not easy for the jury of this 3rd edition.

We used the following evaluation criteria: » Quality of Artwork » Past Experience » Fitting with Incubadora concept »Quality of application »Impact of the Stipend on the artist/project

It was a very hard decision, but unfortunately, your application was not selected for this edition.

You are more than welcome to apply again in the next rounds! Stay tuned :crossed_fingers:t5: :hugs:

Cheers :purple_heart::dizzy:

Website | NEAR Forum | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram | YouTube | Mintbase

1 Like

let’s see next time!

2 Likes