We are sharing details for March funding from the Marketing DAO.
Reminder: Use the Marketing DAO BOS page for all new proposals + reports
Please note the new 2024 process for submitting proposals
- Proposals: Starting in January, we accept proposals on the Marketing DAO BOS page via the Proposal & Report Submission Form.
- Template: Paste your proposal into the Description area using the NDC Application Template (make a copy of the and use it to create your proposal for a MDAO grant).
- Reports: To submit a report for previous funding (a requirement for future funding), toggle the slider button at the top of the page to select “Report” option and complete the form.
- Watch: Marketing DAO Guide to Proposals & Reports
Visit the Marketing DAO BOS page to:
- Learn more about the Marketing DAO + funding opportunities
- Find Office Hours
- Schedule 1:1 meeting with Marketing DAO Council via Calendly
- View submitted proposals
- View submitted reports
- View grantees
March 2024 Timeline:
- 2nd - 7th of February: Applicants submit proposals on the BOS page
- 8th - 12th: Review and feedback by Councils
MDAO Councils thoroughly assess proposals, actively provide feedback and make decisions on proposal support or rejection, publicly posted.
- Proposal Decision: The proposal passes or is rejected based on a minimum threshold aligned with 51% of votes from MDAO governance members.
- Proposal Approved/Rejected: A proposal receiving 51% or more positive feedback is marked as approved [Approved]. Rejected proposals can be revised and resubmitted in the next month.
- Closed Proposals: MDAO Councils can close [Closed] proposals for various reasons. Please request to provide feedback.
- 12th - 13th: Budget Compilation and Submission. MDAO Council members compile the final budget for NDC and submit funding request to the House of Merit.
- 13th - 17th: HOM Review and Voting.House of Merit members review and vote on funding requests, providing feedback to Grassroots DAOs and applicants.
- 17th - 23rd: CoA Review and Voting. Council of Advisors reviews and votes on funding requests. Once approved, Grassroots DAOs initiate a transfer to NDC Trust. * Currently, HoM and CoA are considering changes to speed up the step. You can find the draft here: MEMO - Google Docs
- NDC Trustees Transaction: NDC Trustees execute the transaction if expenses align with the Trust’s objectives.
- Post-Transfer Execution: Payments are disbursed to Grassroots DAO wallets and then to approved applicants who completed KYC/KYB. KYC/KYB procedures are determined by the House of Merit.
** NDC is not responsible for losses due to Near price changes. Delays may occur beyond NDC procedures and due to force majeure events.*
Funding focus for MDAO
The current focus is on marketing that supports and amplifies founders and teams behind high-performing ecosystem projects, as well as attracting new founders to the ecosystem and helping them get acclimated quickly and effectively.
Additionally, we support marketing focused on outreach to new audiences outside the existing ecosystem.
We are focused on transitioning the majority of content creator funding to the bounty program. Please reach out to us with questions on the transition.
To evaluate the results, please use the following metrics that will be used for tracking individual initiatives’ performance by DAO.
All the metrics must be attributable to the relevant project/initiative through on-chain activity and off-chain reporting, ensuring GDPR compliance and preserving privacy:
Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on the chain over a given time period (higher is better).
Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better).
Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better).
Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)
Social engagement score — some compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by the users.
Use the formula (Total Likes, Shares & Comments / Total Followers) X 100 = Average Engagement Rate (AER) %
Content Creator Bounty Program Details
As outlined in the Content Creator Bounty Program Announcement, the Marketing DAO is continuing to work with applicants on the initial round of bounties for ecosystem content creators.
To apply, we recommend reaching out to MDAO council via the MDAO Telegram Hub to discuss your bounty application before applying on Heroes so we can help you through the process.
- You can book a 1:1 meeting with the council here: Calendly - Marketing DAO
- Join our Office Hours here: Marketing DAO Calendar
- Submit a proposal or report on Marketing DAO BOS 2
- Learn about Marketing DAO Bounties on Heroes here
- Connect with Marketing DAO on Telegram
- Email Marketing DAO at marketingdao [at] proton [dot] me