[REPORT] Onboarding hybrid NCA/NCD at Universidad del Bio-Bio, Concepcion ,Chile

After 4 days with activities to motivate attendees to learn and internalize the blockchain technology. I will make a general conclusion also I will indicate the important steps to be able to continue to carry out activities of orientation and follow-up to the attendees.

objectives:

• follow up and create groups within a specific community.
  • provide the opportunity for participants of the NCA or NCD certificates to attend face-to-face activities where they will be guided on how to complete the project to pass the course.

Methodology (4 days of classes):

1st Day : introductory where they will be introduced to basic concepts such as DEFI, DAO, Smart Contract, Rust, Assembly script .

gifts

2nd Day: review objectives of the previous class, creation of Near wallet and funding of accounts, review of the Dapp available in the NearWallet, metapool, rainbowbridge, aurora and awards ceremony.

polo shirt for participation

3rd day: summary of past classes, show examples of possible applications in Web 3.0, delivery of questions for the How to make a proposal, awards ceremony.

Student Win prize

4th day: optional presentation by a participant (prize),
Demonstration of projects carried out, answering questions and answers, support for the submission, recording of the proposal, awards ceremony.

Exposure of a participant

For the 5th day there are no classes since the recording and delivery of the proposal should be done, together with the answers to the questions of the same delivery. Follow-up is done via Discord.

To conclude with the methodology used I will give my appreciation:
During the week I noticed that even though people did not know anything about cryptocurrencies, they only knew more about the technological and developmental end rather than the speculative (trading), they were encouraged to learn more, asking more questions and internalizing on their part.

The totality of the attendees committed themselves to deliver their proposal to pass the NCA thanks to the motivation that I gave them, as well as the support among the students themselves. This caught my attention since they were autonomously advancing in what was to be the NCD course.

drive.google.com

WhatsApp Video 2022-05-18 at 9.14.37 PM (1).mp4

Google Drive file.

Taking this into account I consider that it is necessary to carry out only courses which orient, help and guide the participants of the NCA to create a proposal, each month to take between 10 to 18 participants to include them in near and then leave them to their choice whether to continue certifying with the NCD.

student feedback

drive.google.com

WhatsApp Video 2022-05-21 at 4.04.57 PM.mp4

Google Drive file.

Metrics:
i will give the numbers achieved with this activity.

Near wallet created: 29

16 T-shirts and sweatshirts were given to the participants.

Attendees were between 9 and 14 people, approximately half of them (6) delivered the project for the NCA.

I will be updating the reports with more data that I am still analyzing.

2 Likes

Hello @iroxi ,
Thanks for the events you organized, and thanks for the quick report.
Great job! I hope you will continue.

1 Like

Thank you for your support, I will be drafting the proposal to make another one in June with another methodology focused on approving the NCA, I hope to have the support and approval of the board. :pray: