[Report] CREATIVES DAO MARCH FUNDING REPORT

We’ll be hoping on the community call on March 20th (3 days from now on) to get community discussion on that, with AMAs & potentially following DAO calls

4 Likes

With 5 council members “Apex Trybe Dao” got zero on decentralization
Attended all community calls
While the whole proposal was focused on Artist development and Dapp usage

I really feel we weren’t scored properly
Not even sure our proposal was attended to

4 Likes

Burlesque Dao got 0,375 on decentralisation when we have 2council members and 2moderators, in just 2 month of existence, we got 152 members on telegram, 1.2k followers on Facebook, 680 followers on Instagram, over 300 followers on Twitter, plus 480 organic followers on YouTube yet we got 0,25. Burlesque Dao created a telegram quiz channel have over 30 active members interacting and engaging with daily quiz dropped by moderators yet we got 0. I guess this process isn’t perfect enough. I pray @creativesdao-council to look into decision in approval of proposal in next funding round

1 Like

Thanks for ALL dedication and hard work!

5 Likes

Thank you @williamx and the rest of the @creativesdao-council team for all of this hard work and the transparency in this report. I think this opens things up for a healthy discussion and I’m looking forward to revisiting this post. Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

Peace @creativesdao-council and everyone, congratulations to the approved DAOs :mending_heart: can someone explain why C1 got less of $5k that’s proposed pls??

2 Likes

Can you double check here in this proposal? the number was accumulated by the content written here.

3 Likes

Thank you for your work and objective criteria for evaluation. It is a pity that Philosophers DAO’s funding proposal was not approved. I feel it is a little sad, because I had no feedback on the proposal itself. And this would be a way for our community to engage. The lack of funding made everyone to be away, to not trust NEAR, to not give more time to create near products. We felt that this app we were proposing was the way to make the community interact, generate new interest, create a new service, and make our intention of bringing more academics and academic products to the blockchain. We cannot make the community active again without a new approach to the community. Philosophers and academics are people who do not trust easily, so the sudden lack of funding to activities made them distrust even more. They are not going to be active in the community unless there is already something to bring them to activity, as the app we were proposing. I feel that evaluate our proposal in terms of lack of internal and external communication would not help us to grow, but to die as a near dao. And create even less interest for them to participate. And while I feel objective criteria are good, they talk more about how you would like the DAOs to organize and communicate with each other than about the projects themselves. It is ok to follow this path, but I feel that the proposals themselves are not being accounted so much. Thank you for everything.

See you on web3.

4 Likes

Hi Philosopher,

Thanks you for sharing your thoughts.

The funding has been granted based on proposals being inline with NEAR’s strategic goals measured by the metrics system shared months back.

I do understand it takes time and effort to create proposals and it isn’t a positive feeling to see the proposals rejected however funds can only be allocated if there is alignment between NEAR goals and DAOs goals.

We hope to see more Philosopher’s DAO and other communities building together and creating proposals keeping the metrics as their guide to achieve more scores and a likelihood to get funded.

Beginning next week, we will have community calls in creatives telegram where we can discuss how as DAOs/communities, we can align better to get the higher scores.

5 Likes

Thanks Creative DAO mods for all your hard work. I would not want to be in your shoes! I thought creating the proposal was hard, but reading and assessing 35 would be excruciating. I am sorry to the DAOs that did not get funded. Hopefully the next one in April will work for you.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @Cryptonaut, for your answer and feedback. We appreciate it a lot. It is sad to see our community leaving near ecosystem. Unfortunately, we cannot satisfy your metrics, given our community is not trusting near very much right now, so they do not seem to have the interest of engaging in that way (telegram and blockchain like), and I dont have the courage to tell them to build things, because I dont know if they are getting funded. So our group is acting more like an academic research group, as it was, than a dao with activities. We were 3 main people making our works to grow the dao. I dont know if @jsc2022.near or @adrimobbs will have the time to keep this project going with the approved metrics and without resources. I know I dont have. It is sad, but true. But I appreciate a lot you had taken the time to read the proposal, and all the support given to us during the entire time we had been here. See you on web3. :pray: :sparkling_heart:

Thank for the update. There’s a mistake in the score for Near x art.

Decentralization:
We have 4 council members. Our score is suppose to be 2 and not 1.25.

Activities are focused on artists support

30% of our proposal is for council work.

• Our proposal is focused on onboarding 100% web 2 artists and creation of wallet which we have done in the past with good Prove of work to this. ( Find report here!

• Internal interaction with Near Dapps

If you read our proposal closely, you will see that we plan to interact with nothing less than 6 unexplored Dapps built on Near.

Moreover, our proposal is focused on educating newbies on how to use Near Dapps and tool to their business and creatuve activities. (Reference: Spoken word bounty, paint & chill with Near, pet & wildlife contest)

I honestly don’t know why we were score 1.875 here. Please kindly address this.

DAO/Community Growth

• Near x art has a legal wrapper

• Near x art has over 30 on chain members, 1000+ online and physical memeber.

• We presented our roadmap for the year.

Internal Community engagement

We attended all the community calls and I have 3 claimed NFT from the community call. @kc_sollano can attest to this. I don’t know why we were score 1 for this instead of 3 See community call NFT below

External world engagement

I understand that the moderators may have made mistake with Near x art score, which is fine.

Near x art hosted the biggest art and cultural event in the web 3 space. ( See report and activity if this is not enough brand awareness for Near then you are definitely right to score us 1

Please, this is not coming out of a place of anger but to make things clear to the @creativesdao-council for an adjustment. We believe mistake can happen. We hope this see correction in our score at least.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Near x art.
cc @DammnThatsCrazy

3 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work & commitment! @creativesdao-council

I was really hoping MastermindsDAO would score some brilliant points in this funding round, based on proposal being inline with NEAR’s strategic goals & clear road map as to Artist support and interaction with Near Dapps. Nevertheless we hope for the best as we keep growing on Near :handshake:

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

@chloe @tabear @vandal @vandal @Wiswiz @mokshaa @frnvpr @GeminiRising

Hello,you haven’t provided your reports for March yet. Please do if you don’t want to miss your opportunity to get funds in the future. Due new Creative DAO guide, all applicants who refuse to do a report will be terminated from the Creative DAO grants program.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Are you able to assist us in receiving the funds from March for us to execute our project? We haven’t received them yet. Or should we submit a report regardless? Do advise.

1 Like

Our project starts in April and ends the end of May. We only received our funding a few days ago. The last time we received funds was August and our report is complete. May I ask if you are on the creatives council? I have not seen your name before. @creativesdao-council

2 Likes

Dear all, please be advised that you only need to report once all activities in your proposal are done. You are expected to submit a report before coming up with a new proposal, but this is not a monthly-based report.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, muti will report once all activities are done. We’re sharing projects and updates regularly in TG and on our social channels.

3 Likes