[Rejected] NDC: User Analytics and Support Services

I am pleased to sponsor the following funding proposal on behalf of Pikespeak in support of NDC Operations for User Analytics and Support Services as outlined below.

The proposed API Endpoints from Pikespeak are intended to be utilized as supplemental backups for data verification in the continued development efforts of the Astra++ codebase.

COST BREAKDOWN:

(Prices listed in USD - Payments shall be made in the equivalent value of $NEAR tokens calculated as described in the payment schedule below)

• Phase 1 - New NDC API Endpoints
â—‹ Requirements 1 & 4 (detailed below) - $1,200.00 USD
â—‹ Requirements 2 & 3 (detailed below) - $8,000.00 USD

• Support - Sputnik DAO Indexer
â—‹ Two months of services at $4,000.00 per month - $8,000.00 USD

TOTAL: $17,200.00 USD in $NEAR tokens

PAYMENT SCHEDULE:

• Deposit - $8,600.00 USD in $NEAR tokens - shall be due and payable upon full approval of this proposal by Congress in accordance with the NDC Governance framework.

Once this proposal has been approved by HoM, and passed the cooldown period without a veto by CoA, I will calculate the equivalent of $8,600.00 USD in $NEAR tokens using the price of $NEAR at that time, and will submit a proposal for payment directly to the Trust on behalf of Pikespeak for the distribution of the $8,600.00 deposit.

• Final Payment - $8,600.00 USD in $NEAR tokens - shall be due and payable upon satisfactory completion of the services outlined in this proposal.

Upon receipt of confirmation from the NDC Operations Lead that the services outlined in this proposal have been delivered to satisfactory completion, I will calculate the equivalent of $8,600.00 USD in $NEAR tokens using the price of $NEAR at that time, and will submit a proposal for payment directly to the Trust on behalf of Pikespeak.

PROJECT SUMMARY:

The NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) has recently expressed its interest in developing further transparency within the scope of its decentralised governance framework. Transparency that can be boosted via: 1. The development of specific data and insights relating to user activity and their engagement through the NEAR ecosystem; 2. The support and enhancement of the current Sputnik DAO indexer—managing the affairs of the decentralised NDC community.

Phase 1- New NDC API Endpoints

Project Goal: Deliver new insights relating to the on-chain activities of NEAR users.

Pikespeak API Endpoint

1. Monthly Active Users
    • Input - Month
    • Output - List of users with at least one transaction

2. Liquid Staked Tokens
    • Input - Block Height
    • Output - List of accounts and their corresponding amount of liquid staked tokens

3. Stake Maturity (Liquid Staking and Direct Staking Users)
    • Input - Block Height
    • Output - List of accounts and their corresponding amount of liquid staked tokens and/or direct staked NEAR, along with the staking age—starting from first day/event of staking

4. Validators
    • Input - Block Height
    • Output - List of Validators

Support: Sputnik DAO Indexer

Project Goal: Provide support to the development and maintenance of the Sputnik DAO Indexer.

Activities include, but are not limited to:

â—Ź Development (examples):
â—‹ Get DAO proposal(s) by voter
â—‹ Live updates when new DAO created
â—‹ Query proposals to get in progress and non-voted by account
â—‹ Get expiration time in proposal lifecycle
â—‹ Display vote transaction ID

â—Ź Debugging/Corrective Maintenance:
â—‹ Provide support in fixing and debugging issues relating to the Sputnik DAO indexer

â—Ź Support and Expertise
â—‹ Provide support and expertise to the NDC Frontend Devs

Timeline : Five Days / Month

3 Likes

I believe NDC should only sponsor open-source projects. Is this possible in this case?

I understand the philosophy, but we cannot open source our whole stack for a few metrics. We also try to support community efforts by writing custom indexers and dashboards for free when someone asks for it, and if it seems this would benefit everyone. However, I cannot see how we could suddenly pivot and open-source our whole work.

1 Like