[Proposal to House of Merit, approved, paid] AC-DAO: NDC V1 FEB Budget Application

Introduction

AC-DAO officially joined NDC on November 29, 2023, as a community-led project in the ecosystem category. Our mission is to facilitate the transition to the Near Digital Collective (NDC) through decentralized governance. Positioned within the NEAR and Aurora ecosystems, AC-DAO strives to empower a transparent community. This budget proposal aligns with NDC’s goals for equitable power distribution and the adoption of decentralized technologies, outlining our commitment to these objectives.

Charter & Plans

Goals

1. Mini Grants Initiatives

Proposal Link Amount Requested
Synergy Guild Aurora & NEAR promotion & events organisation Link $3,000.00
Aurora & NEAR Social Media Promotion community Crypto Gamers Link $2,500.00
Mental Maze Marketing and Community Activities for February Link $4,000.00
TOTAL $9,500.00

2. Marketing Initiatives

Funds for marketing will be allocated to the following activities:

Proposal Amount Requested
Social Media Management (SMM): Managing the presence of AC-DAO on various social media platforms to ensure consistent and strategic communication $500.00
AMA and Voice Sessions: Organizing Ask Me Anything, voice and “How It Works” live sessions on platforms like Twitter (X) and Telegram to interact directly with the community (5) $500.00
Trisolaris Partnership: Collaborative Zealy Contest $500.00
Aurora Play: Daily tournaments reactivation and server maintenance $300.00
Aurora Tip Bot: Project reactivation and social media maintenance $300.00
TOTAL $2,100.00
  • Social Media Management (SMM): Managing the presence of AC-DAO on various social media platforms to ensure consistent and strategic communication.
  • AMA and Voice Sessions: Organizing Ask Me Anything, voice and “How It Works” live sessions on platforms like Twitter (X) and Telegram to interact directly with the community.
  • Application Analysis: Conducting thorough reviews of applications to verify the presence and functionality of claimed features.
  • Testing of Supported Projects: Allocating resources to rigorously test the projects AC-DAO supports to ensure quality and reliability.
  • KPI Analysis: Assessing the Key Performance Indicators of supported projects to measure their impact and success accurately.
  • Media Support for Collaborative Initiatives: Creating and providing media support for initiatives arising from collaborations, ensuring maximum reach and engagement. At the moment there are strong partnerships with Trisolaris and their new initiative on the Zealy platform.

3. Aurora Stars Force (Ambassador Program)

The Aurora Stars Force (Ambassador) Program has been established with the aim of cultivating a dynamic on-chain-based Aurora Community with the following core objectives:

1. Increasing transactions in the NEAR/Aurora Ecosystem

2. Raising awareness about NEAR and Aurora and its technological impact

3. Encouraging the adoption and integration of Aurora network

4. Facilitating knowledge exchange within the NEAR/Aurora Community and fostering collaboration

5. Nurturing professional development among Councils, Leaders, and Ambassadors

6. Driving active participation in the Ecosystem’s development

At the moment, we have already drawn up the full tasks that the ambassadors will be working on, worked out the reward system and formed the necessary number of participants.

List of guilds that are officially onboard in the Ambassador Program:

• Aurora Indonesia

• Aurora Africa

• Aurora Korea

• Aurora India

• Aurora Türkiye

• Aurora Brazil

Each guild has an equal position in the Ambassador Programme and will expect to be paid according to the scope of the task.

Chat for Ambassadors - for general questions.

YoNota - for individual questions with Ambassador Team Lead.

Budget Breakdown
AURORA COMMUNITY AND ECOSYSTEM DAO Feb-24
Description Amount
Strategic Advisor (NeuroAdvisor) $0.00
Ambassadors team lead (1) $3,500.00
Ambassadors operation team (2) $1,500.00
Marketing and events lead + social media (1) $2,500.00
Mini grants lead (1) $2,500.00
Aurora Stars Ambassador program $15,000.00
Mini-grants $9,500.00
Events and marketing $2,100.00
TOTAL $36,600.00
Address: ahtest.near

DAO URLs:

Twitter

Telegram

NEAR Social

Team Members:
  • @Techdir: Marketing and Events Lead + Social Media
  • @Luchok: Mini Grants Lead
  • @YoNota: Ambassadors Team Lead (Operation team in process)
8 Likes

We genuinely respect all decisions within Aurora DAO, but there are a few things to highlight:

1. We submitted the proposal a long time ago and are awaiting a response from the Council for further clarification.
  2. There is no space for communication to hear opinions and have discussions with each other.
  3. There is still bias in the parameters and the proposal selection process, even though there are proposals simultaneously referencing the same idea to activate existing regional communities.
  4. There’s a proposal that was submitted just a few hours ago and immediately got approval. Is there a process outside of this forum that we are unaware of?

We regret this situation but remain optimistic and would like to hear clarifications first.

3 Likes

Hello team ! Thank you for your proposal.

• I am suggesting to use Ambassadors program for :
    a) Aurora India Reactivation
    b) AURORA Korea Activities
    c) Aurora Türkiye

• I couldn’t find any comments for approved proposals. Feedback is required;

• I don’t see a list of rejected proposals and the reasons; Please change statutes on Approved or Rejected and provide comprehensive feedback for your applicants;

• For marketing initiatives $5000 I would like to see specific KPIs and information about the team which will handle it. How many AMAs, where, with whom, what kind of applications, etc.

I would suggest increase allocation for Ambassadors program by cutting $5000 (Events and Marketing) + Aurora India Turkey Korea (they should be a part of ambassadors program).

For Mental Maze it would be great to see report first: [Approved] Aurora Africa: Game Development and Offline event - Aurora Community proposals - Aurora @IgbozeIsrael

For all other proposals - no questions. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hello!
Thanks for this mention.
We will submit the comprehensive report shortly. We were waiting to submit an 100% report when we officially announce the V1 mainnet.

Also, I see this proposal was not captured. Does it mean it was rejected? Just to confirm @AuroraCommunityDAO

3 Likes

Happy to support AC-DAO , however agree with Eliot’s comments.

6 Likes

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We’ve revised our proposal, reduced the budget, and also outlined in more detail.

4 Likes

Hello!
We have submitted this report as seen here [REPORT] Mental Maze Project Development-IN PROGRESS - Aurora Community proposals - Aurora. As mentioned, it will be completed as we announce the V1 Mainnet launch.

2 Likes

Dear @AuroraCommunityDAO ! Your proposal was rejected! You can find the reasons here:

https://near.org/astraplusplus.ndctools.near/widget/home?page=dao&tab=proposals&daoId=congress-hom-v1.ndc-gwg.near&proposalId=87

Please update your proposal and let me know so I can create a new Poll. Thanks!

1 Like