User Engagement (Conversion & Retention) + Incentives

Amount Requested:

5,000 USDC

Payout Address:

qstn.near

Open-Source License:

MIT Open Source License for Smart Contracts and ZKP

Outcomes & Deliverables:

• Integration of Magic: Implement Magic for user-friendly Web3 onboarding using OAuth.
  • Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKP): Utilize ZKP for secure and private proof of user participation.
  • Stripe Payment Integration: Incorporate Stripe for seamless fiat transactions (survey payout).
  • AI-Powered Survey Drafting: Develop AI algorithms to assist businesses in creating effective surveys.
  • Smart Contract Ownership: Enable businesses to own their smart contracts and user reward systems (faucets). These contracts unlock with user ZKP to withdraw NEAR reward and/or NFT.
  • NEAR Wallet Generation: Facilitate automatic creation of NEAR wallets for users upon signing up.

Solution:

• Architecture: Leverage NEAR Protocol for decentralized data handling and transaction processing. (Stack: Typescript, SCSS, Shell, Javascript, MDX)
  • User Experience: Focus on a seamless transition from Web2 to Web3, ensuring ease of use for both businesses and users.
  • Security & Privacy: Implement ZKP to validate user actions without compromising privacy.
  • AI Integration: Utilize AI to assist in the creation of targeted, effective surveys, enhancing business value.

Impact to Ecosystem:

• Bridge Between Web2 & Web3: Introduce traditional businesses and users to the Web3 ecosystem.
  • Innovation in Market Research: Modernize the approach to data collection and user engagement.
  • Growth of NEAR Community: Attract a new segment of users and enterprise businesses to the NEAR platform.

Relevance to Onboard DAO:

QSTN’s mission aligns perfectly with Onboard DAO’s goals by simplifying the onboarding process for new users into the NEAR ecosystem and introducing a novel, user-centric approach to market research and data monetization.

Team & Relevant Background:

• Orrin (Founder, QSTN CEO): NYU graduate - Featured on Dr. Phil as a cyborg from the future. Innovator in blockchain and data science. [LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube]
  • Anibal Suriel (QSTN CLO): NYU graduate - Legal expert specializing in blockchain and technology law. Previously worked at KARM and R3. LinkedIn
  • Brigitte Piniewski (QSTN CPO): Wrote a book on the intersectionality of blockchain and healthcare called “Wealthcare.” Experienced in healthcare and technology, focusing on user engagement and partnership development. LinkedIn
  • Carlos Guimaraes (QSTN CTO & Lead Developer): Blockchain developer with extensive experience in building decentralized applications. GitHub
  • Daniel Fadely (Financial Analyst): NYU student - Expert in financial analysis and strategy, specializing in start-ups and technology ventures. LinkedIn
  • Einzelwerk (Design Agency): Design agency based in Poland with over 5+ years experience designing UI and UX in the Web3 space. Website
1 Like

Please

• link any relevant repos
  • more on technical implementation of ZKP, architecture, what
  • technical experience with ZK and NEAR smart contract development with proof of commits from team members
  • any past funding sources, deliverables and status of deliverables from grassroots DAO, NEAR Foundation, Hackathons, and other chains
  • wireframes

Hello @plugrel,

Great to hear from you. Below is the requested information. Please let me know if you have any questions!

1. Relevant repositories - we invited @codingshot on GitHub
  1. Below are the relevant diagrams for ZKP, architecture, integrations and various experiences -
  1. Previous funding sources

3A. NEAR Foundation grant (Feb 8, 2022 - January 2023) which was broken into four milestones.

Milestone 1: NEAR integration
Finish legal framework around the business entity - include roadmap, whitepaper, user agreement, token agreement
Hire social position and begin Discord and Telegram channel
Create content schedule and NFT giveaways for May
Integrate NEAR blockchain timestamp option (screenshot on-chain)
Integrate NEAR Names for onboarding experience
Integrate NEAR wallet sign-in option for Web3
Re-design and interpret UI based on NEAR integration

Milestone 2: Business development
Create DID solution integrating NEAR Personas
Allow users to create new DBA alias within our platform
Develop referral system for users to earn additional credits or NEAR
This will include custom links generated to invite users
There will be a “history” section to show referrals (e.g NEAR Wallets created per invite)
Partner with upcoming DAOs, protocols and brands for private tests
Produce whitelabel where businesses (e.g. NEAR) can host their own surveys
Allow users to embed our product within their website
Option to display multiple choice, short answer, rating or poll system
For compensation, users can pay in $ANSR credit or load a NEAR wallet

Milestone 3: NFT marketplace
Create NFT marketplace built on the NEAR Blockchain, hosted on IPFS
Create function where users can “mint” off-site to their NEAR Wallet
Re-design UI for marketplace
Hire publicist and begin to create social marketing campaign + assets
Get statements and involvement from NEARHub, Flying Rhino, Human Guild, NEAR and others
Integrate Paras + Mintbase smart contract composability
Create function where users can “mint” QSTN NFTs off-site to Mintbase or Paras
Partner with NEAR Hub to create QSTN Metaverse space
Display our NFTs, minted on Paras and Mintbase within this 3D space
Release 3000 generative NFT (collection) with secondary on Paras

Milestone 4: Mobile application
Produce mobile application UI + NEAR integration
Allow users to mint and buy NFTs on the NEAR blockchain (mobile)
Allow users to blockchain timestamp their response (mobile)
Allow users to check their previous history, on-chain + internal
Daily reminders to get users interacting on-chain daily

Below are screenshots to confirm each milestone completion:

Milestone 1:
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 1.41.00 AM

Milestone 2:
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 1.39.53 AM

Milestone 3:
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 1.40.07 AM

Milestone 4:
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 1.39.33 AM

3B. We competed in the Filecoin NFT Hackathon and came in second place: 2021
https://www.blog.encode.club/filecoin-accelerator-summary-94e30a571563

3C. We participated in the Octopus Network accelerator and received their Star Prize: 2022
https://medium.com/oct-network/spring-2022-octopus-accelerator-star-prize-winners-d884456ce248

3D. We received a Mintbase grant and presented at their Mastercard Demo Day: 2023

3E. We won a partnership with PARSIQ in their unicornization contest: 2023

3E. We participated in Outlier Ventures NEAR cohort and closed our pre-seed: 2024

1. Wireframes
1 Like

Can you outline amounts from each funding received?
I am a little confused as to in over a year why their is no evidence of a working application with users? Please send a testing or staging link for public to see. Unfortunately Mark from former NF is not adequate evidence for completion of milestones.

Also why are repos private when it says MIT open source license above

1 Like

Hello @plugrel,

Below are the answers to your questions. Looking forward to next steps!

1. Here are the funding amounts:

NEAR Foundation - $95,000
Filecoin NFT Hackathon - $3,500
Octopus Network (Star Prize) - $37,000
Mintbase - $10,000
Outlier Ventures - $100,000 investment for 6% SAFE agreement
Web3 Foundation - $10,000

1. The NEAR Foundation funding was used to create V1 which is available, here, this product was tested with over 1,500 users and we received significant feedback which inspired V2.

Funding was used on the following developments:

• Software development costs for V1

• UI and UX for desktop application plus the upcoming mobile designs available, here

• NFT collection which we sold out on NEAR Protocol and is trading here and here

• Patent 1 - “System and method for mining tokens with user data” which was filed in the US, UK, Germany Switzerland and Portugal which can be viewed here

• Trademarking “QSTN” and “? QSTN” logo with the USPTO which is viewable here, here and here

The Outlier Venture funding was used to design V2 which is available on Polkadot, here, and this request for funding will help us cross the line to bring this new implementation to market on NEAR.

Funding was used on the following developments:

• Software development costs for V2

• UI and UX for desktop application V2 which is available here and here

• Hiring a DPO and creating the documentation for ISO 27701 certification

• Patent 2 - “System and method for managing user digital assets while maintaining security and privacy” which was approved in the US and will be publicly viewable on January 30,2024

1. The license says MIT - Open Source in regards to potential Onboarding DAO grant milestones, prior to that we are closed source given the proprietary nature of specific platform elements.

Note:

I would like to mention that as an underrepresented, solo founder, I have devoted the last three years of my life to this product and will continue to do so. It has been quite difficult and financially intensive given the scope of this platform, including survey marketplace, data wallets, smart contracts and the necessary legal and regulatory requirements for such a business model.

In comparison, our data wallet competitors Caden and Pogo have each raised over $15,000,000 million USD respectively; which, in comparison to our $250,000 over three years equals out to 1.7% of their funding amounts. I understand grants are not an investment model but we are creating data infrastructure and I believe a real product to bridge users into Web3 with only an email address.

To provide context, our second patent covers the services offered by Caden and Pogo because our invention is basically a “data wallet” which compensates in cash or cryptocurrency and we plan to speak with them about licensing in February.

To provide even more context, our first patent covers the services offered by Sweatcoin and because their system collects health data and allows them to “mine” Sweatcoin or cryptocurrency we also plan to speak with them about licensing once approved.

I am explaining this to reiterate the scope of what we aim to accomplish and myself as a solo founder trying to bring this vision to life. Lastly, we recently got to speak with the SEC FinHub on the phone and they provided guidance on how best to avoid being considered a security exchange. As an American founder, I have no interest in creating my own token given the lack of regulatory clarity and we wish to make sure we provide services in a compliant manner.

Please let me know if you have any questions as I would love the chance to schedule a call to further explain what we have been working on. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

What about 5k NEAR ≈ 45000$ from Human Guild DAO?

2 Likes

Hello @haenko,

Thanks for the reminder. I will add the updated funding list below!

1. Here are the funding amounts:

NEAR Foundation - $95,000
Filecoin NFT Hackathon - $3,500
Human Guild DAO - $45,000
Octopus Network (Star Prize) - $37,000
Mintbase - $10,000
Outlier Ventures - $100,000 investment for 6% SAFE agreement
Web3 Foundation - $10,000
Stellar SCF - $3,500

1 Like

Good evening! Ocean protocol?

1 Like