Proposal (onboarding)

Onboarding video proposal

“Although we are a global community, in NxM we are always NEAR”

Most people have heard the term NFT, yet most are unsure of what they are or how to get involved. The music industry is in trouble, and with traditional business models and streaming platforms it is getting harder for the average musician to survive. Now is the time to shift focus and utilise the tools created to adapt to the new now. This method of onboarding will serve to educate viewers of what NFTs are, what the NEAR protocol is (without getting too technical), and to highlight the artistic community involved. We will create a sense of family that works together collaboratively, inspiring and motivating each other to succeed.

NxM is a grassroots movement and a community of creatives. Internally we have resources that are capable of producing art in all kinds of mediums. We can tap in to the community to fully produce an onboarding advertisement that will capture the essence of what NxM is. NxM is a global community of like-minded, forward thinking individuals connected by the love of art, nfts, and near protocol.

The video will be footage our members take of themselves and their surroundings, showing the diversity and uniqueness of the NEAR Music Guild. The footage can be as simple as them walking down the street, capturing aspects of their own unique cultures and communites. We will have text appear with the individuals near name and location as a way to promote the participating members, and show new potential members the authenticity of the guild. The video will speak to creators looking to expand collaborative networks and artists who are intrigued, but also intimidated by crypto and NFTs. Producing the video in a way that creates a sense of comfort and community will attract people to join, learn, grow, and participate in conversations. The videos being shared by our members’ social media will already create a sense of trust within that specific audience, and start to grow by word of mouth. All music and production will be done within the community, as well as a voice over narrative, speaking on the values and describing what we are about. We will be welcoming and encouraging people to join, learn, and participate.

The slogan “Although we are a global community, in NxM we are always NEAR” is meant to be simple and self explanatory. We have members from all over the world who collaborate on artistic ventures together, inspiring and pushing boundaries, offering guidance and helping people who are there wanting to learn and grow.

Once the video is produced, we can upload it to YouTube and take it to our social media platforms, and forums. We can encourage our members to share the video to their networks and beyond by offering bounties and rewards.

In order to take this from concept to reality, we would request 275 NEAR tokens. The budget would include tokens for the production of the video, and bounties for members who share.

75 tokens for member video submissions. 15 NxM members total. 5 tokens per member

Creators wallets:
jcb.near
mykhel.near

@vandal

4 Likes

Thanks @JCB Looking fwd to the list of artists you’re planning to feature. Do you know who yet? How will they be selected? Maybe we should have a vote?

A few artists had expressed interest in the NxM guild Telegram group.

I think a vote would work well though.

1 Like

Ok dope maybe we can do the votes in 3 batches of 5? Telegram works, we can pin the poll and have a date set for people to vote. After the first poll, which can be artists you select based on their interest in being a part of it, or personal selection, then we can ask people to nominate others.

1 Like

I can dig that! When do we start that? We would move on that dependant of the outcome of the proposal?

1 Like

Whenever you’re ready :wink:

@Grace @zeitwarp @JMaenen would love any feedback you might have. This one is already up on the DAO.

Only difficult issue for me is any NxM oversight / vote on the artists featured…because I’m generally wary of any gatekeeping…let the market decide etc…

So, I’ve approved the proposal…although a little bit tentatively…because I prefer an open / inclusive field…

…but given that many of the features and issues that this addresses are the same as I have touched upon in my NxM Jukebox proposal…I’m in favour of it

Ps: I’m not sure the NxM Jukebox will ever get built…as I can’t see I’ll ever have the time…but I think the approach is right to include all NxM content within a one stop showcasing/onboarding/education/releasing/selling interface…

But if I do ever get there…I’ll certainly look to work with the content produced here

2 Likes

@JCB I really like the proposal, I think it makes sense to have an intro video like that.
Try to keep in mind what your goal is for everyone who watched the video. What is the CTA?
Try to think of the best place to funnel potential new members and actively nudge them towards joining during the video.

2 Likes