[PROPOSAL] NEAR In Yoruba For December

Greetings to the @marketingdao-council

I am Eganla a Youtuber, vlogger, social entrepreneur and a crypto enthusiast, A native of Ibadan, I have been studying. the NEAR protocol for months and believe a deeper adoption can be achieved through the Production of videos in native languages for better understanding, visibility and reach for NEAR protocol.

My YouTube channels currently has 449 Subscribers and a total of 121 videos on my channel, with a total of 54,55 views. It’s the first Nigerian Yoruba cryptocurrency YouTube channel whose goal is to explain complex crypto terminologies to basic relatable terms.
Total population of Yoruba Speakers is over 50million people.

https://www.youtube.com/@ejanlacrypto7963/featured

YouTube’s 2 billion users watch about 1 billion hours of video content every single day. It is a great strategy to teach the public about web3 and NEAR Protocol different projects. Social media visibility is a key to becoming successful. We are proposing to produce marketing and educational videos in Yoruba language. Yoruba is a widely spoken language that cuts across several countries. it is spoken mostly by the natives of Nigeria.

This will bring a faster understanding to the fundamental knowledge of NEAR. Research pointed out that learning is best done in peoples birth languages.

These were Videos that was done in Yoruba in my Previous episodes

1. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES

• Introducing NEAR Yoruba to the general Pubic via Youtube video
  • Sharing topics:
    Exposition on NEAR in Yoruba
    Basis of NEAR, how to use guide (A step-by-step Video)

2. EXPECTED OUTCOME

• Create awareness about NEAR to a large community. A community of 1 billion YouTube viewers with subscribers of Eganla YouTube Channel to the technical Know-How of Near ecosystem in a native language

• Create direct awareness about the use cases for NEAR for artisans and small businesses

• How to create and mint NFTs

3. METRICS TO MEASURE SUCCESS

• Production of two video episodes in yoruba
  • Minimum of 200 viewers
  • New NEAR wallet creations
  • Create a strong trust among native Yoruba speakers and NEAR ecosystem

4. TIMELINE:

1 Month

5. REACH & TARGET AUDIENCE

200+ viewers

6. WHEN?

The Videos are proposed to be produced by the December 2022

7. COSTS:

Total: $620

Wallet: eganla.near

BREAKDOWN:

• Camera (Canon Es4000) Rentage for 3 hours per Video.

($50/hour- $150 for 2 videos) = $300

• Studio Rentage

($20/hour - $60 for 2 videos) = $120

• Post-Production (Video and Audio Editing)

($100/video- $150 for 2 videos) = $200

Thank you for your attention!

3 Likes

Thank you. Could you please fill out the form Marketing DAO Proposal Application ?

Hey @EganlaCryptoTV – thanks for the proposal. I’ll wait for your application submitted via the form to see more detail.

In the meantime, can you explain why your Twitter account is suspended? Thanks!

Thanks @Dacha , The marketing DAO Proposal Application has been completed.

we will be expecting positive feedback from the @marketingdao-council .

Thanks @so608 , the application and been submitted and open to more questions if need be.

Our twitter handle was compromised, and content posted violated the policy of twitter. We are currently filling for an appeal towards that regard. Thanks @so608

Thanks for your patience and proposal.

I agree that creating content in local languages is extremely important. In fact, I now believe that some of the challenges that we’ve had in the past with low quality content being produced by Marketing DAO grantees has to do with grantees creating content in English rather than the native language of their target audience.

However, I am unable to support this proposal at this time:

• Overall, it is too early for this initiative to receive funding.
  • I’d like to see more work from you that demonstrates sufficient knowledge about NEAR to create great content
  • I’m also interested to see the reception from the target community. There may be 50m people, but how many are primed to be converted into web3 users, developers, etc. At the moment we are prioritising campaign that can target these groups.

I encourage you to keep learning and contributing on NEAR Ecosystem. You can always come back and submit another proposal in the future.

Thanks @satojandro for seeing how the proposal would influence and impact a large community of Yoruba speakers. You have raised some valid points on how we are too early to receive funding which i totally understand but if you have taken time to look at the contents we have created before now on our YouTube channel, You would see the quality of videos, Step-by-step discussion on how to create wallets in local languages
with an indept knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry.

We can demonstrate our knowledge on NEAR if opportunities are given to share how proficient we are as a team and how easy our viewers comprehend our contents.

Our team proposed for 2 video contents from the @marketingdao-council to communicate how proficient we are in actualizing set targets and demonstrating how investing funds in the addressable market of 50m Yoruba Speakers will bring ROI to the NEAR @marketingdao-council .

Hi @EganlaCryptoTV – thanks for the proposal and submitting the form. I cannot support this proposal at this time. Here are my reasons:

• While I do see a need for content that expands the NEAR ecosystem in other languages and aimed at specific target populations/audiences, I do not see much outside of those two differentiators that is unique or different in terms of the content you are proposing to create. We have had many months of funding what I would call “general” overviews of different aspects of NEAR, and while they do make more information available to people, pushing content out does not necessarily draw new people into the ecosystem in a meaningful way. There has to be more of a strategic plan for the content to create inbound interest in NEAR.
  • The video content you shared as examples here also strikes me as very hype-driven around opportunities for financial gain. The content you are proposing to create has already been created many times by many different creators. I think we are in a moment right now with the wider blockchain space where we need content that expands beyond the financial narrative and the basics of how to use a protocol and is focused on explaining to people what utility and use cases there are, opportunities for building/developing, how to create communities in Web3 etc.
  • I also agree with @satojandro that your project/channel is very early stage. I generally want to see more traction, audience and engagement before allocating funding.

We will be issuing new bounties this year for content creators around certain themes and campaigns. I’d encourage you to be on the lookout for those as they may offer an opportunity to get paid to create in the NEAR ecosystem.

Hi @EganlaCryptoTV

Thank you for submitting this proposal.

Given what I can see from your examples of work, most of the proposal’s elements are not relevant.

You’re not using a camera in your other videos and doing screen capture videos doesn’t require a studio.

While there’s always more room for content creators, your youtube channel needs to build a bit more traction before it makes sense to spend the type of money you’re asking.

Also, getting traction in distribution networks often requires cross-channel promotions. You’ll need to get your Twitter account back up and running.

I cannot support your project at this time.